FREE POKER TOOLS

Get free poker tools

Take your poker game to the next level with our free poker tools

Join now for free

POKER SUCCESS

Join the worlds largest poker community

Build on the experience of the world's largest poker school and community

Join now for free

PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Forums » Your Poker Blogs » Move it, move it up to the sky!
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (28): [1] 2 3 4 5 next » ... last »
Go to the bottom of this page Move it, move it up to the sky! 20 Votes - Average Rating: 7.3520 Votes - Average Rating: 7.35
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Eminescu500
Bronze

Registration Date: 08 Jan 2010

lamp Move it, move it up to the sky! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

we like to MovE It Move It Up To The Sky

Hey ho fish biggrin

My name is Radu and i'm from Romania. 18 yo, atm year one at Finance rolleyes . The idea shark cool :

It's a beautiful sunny Saturday and the first English Community Black Member, Mr. TwiceT and I( nl10 fish fish cool ) came up with the idea of a 12 months project for the community.

We all know how hard it's at the beginning at our poker carrer to be a winning player and keep moving up the limits without going broke. sad

I am in that category too, but i want to make it easier for me and other pokerstrategy members to get out of there, move up and be a winner.

So here i go with our project:

I have a $600 roll on PartyPoker (this will be the starting platform) and i would like to make it bigger (like we all do). So I called on TwiceT and i asked him for some coachings, for free.
This of course is not possible, but with the deal we made, it is:

My attributes: - part of my future 12 months winnings from now on will go to TT (we don't say numbers - it's between us two wink )
- I will start this blog where i'll report the adventure and experience + will post hands here which
will be later analised my Twice himself grin .
- we will do a video series together for PS (probably every 2 weeks) where we start off by pesenting
our project and then start on nl10 and move up to nl200.
In this series we will mixe live sweat sessions, hand history reviews, hem analyses, etc.
- I will play a decent amount of hands/month

My share: - free coachings from the master himself + analyse the hands from the blog + my mentor for the next 12
months
- the best e-books that are out atm, for free from T
- help on improving my mindset

This will follow in the next year, hopefully it will be a great success.
We will play SH, FR and latter on HU and move from nl10 to nl200 (hopefully).
Will start off with nl10 sh and get on from there. shark biggrin

This post has been edited 7 time(s), it was last edited by Eminescu500: 15 Aug 2011 09:34.

New Post 10 Apr 2010 12:10 Eminescu500 is offline Search for Posts by Eminescu500 Add Eminescu500 to your Buddy List
TwiceT
Coach

Registration Date: 15 Jul 2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

move it move it fish cool

this project will be great, i can feel it shark cool

Diamond The Education of a Modern Poker Player Diamond by TwiceT, jbpatzer & EmanuelC16
New Post 10 Apr 2010 12:17 TwiceT is offline Search for Posts by TwiceT Add TwiceT to your Buddy List
ExternalUseOnly
Bronze

Registration Date: 30 Jan 2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

cool ill be following this, it might help me build too grin

Good luck the pair of you
New Post 10 Apr 2010 12:23 ExternalUseOnly is offline Search for Posts by ExternalUseOnly Add ExternalUseOnly to your Buddy List
veriz
Diamond

Registration Date: 20 Jul 2008

Hello,

Good luck!

Best regards,

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by veriz: 18 Nov 2010 15:29.

New Post 10 Apr 2010 12:25 veriz is offline Search for Posts by veriz Add veriz to your Buddy List
lennonac
Global

Registration Date: 03 May 2009

I like the sound of this grin
Will be very interesting to see your progress over the next 12 months!

Check my blogs
Lennonac's Rebuild or Quit
Lennonac's Cash Fish
New Post 10 Apr 2010 12:38 lennonac is offline Search for Posts by lennonac Add lennonac to your Buddy List
vonki

Registration Date: 18 Mar 2008

lol, at least its +EntertainmentValue... fish biggrin

New Post 10 Apr 2010 12:56 vonki is offline Search for Posts by vonki Add vonki to your Buddy List
cojonel
Global

Registration Date: 02 Jul 2008

wow very nice mate grin i m from this neverland too happy ) but a project with tt sounds mosntrously nice grin GOOD LUCK
New Post 10 Apr 2010 12:56 cojonel is offline Search for Posts by cojonel Add cojonel to your Buddy List
Gerv
Bronze

Registration Date: 07 May 2008

Luckboxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!

Gl sir grin
New Post 10 Apr 2010 13:00 Gerv is offline Search for Posts by Gerv Add Gerv to your Buddy List
advola
Bronze

Registration Date: 24 Jun 2009

very nice
will be railing
New Post 10 Apr 2010 13:45 advola is offline Search for Posts by advola Add advola to your Buddy List
IcMean
Bronze

Registration Date: 17 Aug 2009

Nice project! +EV for both of you I guess grin
New Post 10 Apr 2010 14:06 IcMean is offline Search for Posts by IcMean Add IcMean to your Buddy List
Skeat
Bronze

Registration Date: 18 Aug 2009

Great man (Yeah, I'm jealous)
Wish you the best!
New Post 10 Apr 2010 14:08 Skeat is offline Search for Posts by Skeat Add Skeat to your Buddy List
Eminescu500
Bronze

Thread Starter Thread Started by Eminescu500
First day Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So today we started movin'movin' after some accounts trouble.

So today i recorded my first video for TT to analyse. I think he will give some feedback here after he watches it. Until then i have a couple of hands from today's short session (this was actually while i recorded the video) :

Villain : 17/11/2 over 18 hands

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
 MP3: $16.70 
 CO: $14.91 
 BU: $12.33 
 SB: $2.90 
 BB: $7.90 
 MP2 (Hero): $10.15 

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, A.
Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 5, J, 6 (2 players)
Hero bets $0.68, BU calls $0.68.

Turn: ($2.31) 8 (2 players)
Hero bets $1.65, BU calls $1.65.

River: ($5.61) 6 (2 players)

Hero ?

Final Pot: $5.61.

2. If the river was a blank or a 9 ofc i would've bet. It is ok?

Villain : 28/18/1.1 over 68 hands

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
 CO: $16.35 
 BU: $15.51 
 SB: $10.32 
 BB (Hero): $13.26 

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, J.
CO folds, BU raises to $0.40, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.10, BU calls $0.70.

Flop: ($2.25) 4, Q, 8 (2 players)
Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($2.25) 3 (2 players)
Hero checks, BU bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20.

River: ($4.65) K (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.65.

3. Another line?

Villain : 38/12/0.4 over 78 hands

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
 MP3: $11.29 
 CO: $14.48 
 BU (Hero): $10.15 
 SB: $10.70 
 BB: $4.40 
 MP2: $39.50 

Preflop: Hero is BU with J, J.
MP2 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.95) 3, 9, 9 (2 players)
MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.68, MP2 calls $0.68.

Turn: ($2.31) 3 (2 players)
MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2.31) Q (2 players)
MP2 bets $2.20, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.31.

I'm even for now smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Eminescu500: 11 Apr 2010 22:08.

New Post 11 Apr 2010 18:12 Eminescu500 is offline Search for Posts by Eminescu500 Add Eminescu500 to your Buddy List
TwiceT
Coach

hand 1: u has tha nutz! ALL IN river!!!! Jx is calling and ofc better like flushes, str8, random 6, i dont see hands that want to bluff once checked to

hand 2: dont do that. 3betting small oop with 150bb stacks. as played: cbet! if he calls u, as a standard on nl10 i would suggest giving up turn. as played u dont rep too much.

hand 3: bet/fold turn 85% of the time. once u check back, call his river bet imo. dont read too much into his betsizing. ofc he is repping a 9. fd and overcards are busted. maybe even bet/fold turn here 100%. dont start getting into the habbit of checking such hands on the turn!

1 more thing: pls add some more info to the hands, why u did whatever u did. e.g. why did u check back JJ on hand 3: i want to see your thought proecess here. maybe u have good reasons.

k, another more thing. dont blindly believe me. if i say snap call JJ when he bets 2.2 on the river and u think nl10 players show up 95% of the time with trips, then try to convince me. and also dont blindly believe other ppl here, always think about it yourself as well (esp not if tln posts here, his lines are just too crazy for us atm grin )

@ all: i would appreciate any comments on our hands. it will get tough for me to estimate ranges on nl10-n50. so i might be off sometimes.

ty

Diamond The Education of a Modern Poker Player Diamond by TwiceT, jbpatzer & EmanuelC16
New Post 11 Apr 2010 18:43 TwiceT is offline Search for Posts by TwiceT Add TwiceT to your Buddy List
vonki

Registration Date: 18 Mar 2008

I'll have a go at it too.

1: Nice hand, I think you can safely bet slightly more on turn as I see him still calling something like 1,80 which also makes it easier to get it all in on the river as I dont really see any rivercard that could scare us. Wait a couple of seconds and ship it in on the river, if he has you beat then he's a lucky bastard. ;]

2: What TT said... I dont like your betsize, and I dont like the move in general... if he calls you he's obv gonna call with a better hand and we don't have much potential to outplay him postflop oop. As played you have to cbet indeed and give up when you get called, if you dont cbet then you shouldnt c/c turn either and just c/f imo.

3: A player who plays 38/12 is the perfect victim with a hand like JJ. That he check/calls the flop can mean alot of things, there is really a quite large range of hands that he is able to do that with, most likely though a pocketpair or fd or even occasionaly overcards. Turn doesnt really change alot, sometimes he will have the 3 or the 9 but he will have enough other hands that will pay you off too so you deffo need to bet again on the turn. If he raises you you know enough, so obv easy to fold then.
At the river, basicly you showed weakness on turn and he's quite sure he can now turn his hand into a bluff and scare you off the pot imo. You can see him do this with random flushdraws, lower pocketpairs then yours and for all I know even other hands, but it's an easy call imo. happy

Those are my 2 cents.

New Post 11 Apr 2010 18:55 vonki is offline Search for Posts by vonki Add vonki to your Buddy List
Eminescu500
Bronze

Huh, nice. I mean tough but helpfull.

Need to get more aggresive with made hands + my thought proccess.

Got it sir and thanks Vonki too. Heart

New Post 11 Apr 2010 19:13 Eminescu500 is offline Search for Posts by Eminescu500 Add Eminescu500 to your Buddy List
RMB
Bronze

Registration Date: 29 Mar 2008

Sounds like one hell of a deal IMO.. Specially with TT, mostly would probably accept that in a snap.

Good luck!
New Post 11 Apr 2010 19:31 RMB is offline Search for Posts by RMB Add RMB to your Buddy List
antonio47211
Bronze

Registration Date: 24 Apr 2009

Just finished NL10 session on FT, so this comes handy smile

2 hand - typical blind steal - resteal that happens on micro levels, maybe higher too. Villain could have ATC, much depends on your previous hands when you were in BB. Also, you're playing 4 - handed, so he's really loose. If you try to resteal blinds, should cbet, and maybe 70% of the time you will take pot down. If he calls and you don't hit turn, or even if he reraises, you can pretty safely fold (usually he will try to go allin later).

3 hand - also could be pretty typical steal on dry board. He could think you tried to steal with cbet (you can't represent much on such board), turn check "proved" you're stealing, so he makes a move himself (or has KQ, AQ). I would rather bet turn and then hope to check down river.

PS damn I had some thoughts myself that it would be uber - EV+ to have TT coachings, esp for free, yet my BR and current limit is too n00bish. I could offer him even better deal, to start with NL2 lol grin It strikes me how other ppls get those simple but incredibly good ideas, but not me lol

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by antonio47211: 11 Apr 2010 20:55.

New Post 11 Apr 2010 20:52 antonio47211 is offline Search for Posts by antonio47211 Add antonio47211 to your Buddy List
Eminescu500
Bronze

So after TT's post and Vonky's i got wrapped and head for the tables.

I was determined to mindfuck the fishes fish biggrin

So the plan to bassically have a decent amount: 1k/day during week and 1.5k or 2k maybe/day during weekend.

Day 1:

- 900+ hands
- + 20$

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Eminescu500: 12 Apr 2010 13:07.

New Post 11 Apr 2010 21:48 Eminescu500 is offline Search for Posts by Eminescu500 Add Eminescu500 to your Buddy List
TwiceT
Coach

quote:
Originally posted by Eminescu500
So after TT's post and Vonky's i got wraped and head for the tables.

I was determined to mindfuck them fish biggrin

Made 20$+ in that session. nice shark cool

So the plan is bassically to have a decent amount: 1k/day during week and 1.5k or 2k maybe/day during weekend.

Today i made 900+, but that was easy. I deff can do more. smile

i like

ofc, for our readers: we are speaking of $ .... 1k a day, keeps the doctor away ... fish biggrin

New Post 11 Apr 2010 22:08 TwiceT is offline Search for Posts by TwiceT Add TwiceT to your Buddy List
Southofheaven
Bronze

Registration Date: 03 Mar 2010

I don't get it, you made 900+$ today playing NL10? or BB?

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Southofheaven: 11 Apr 2010 22:20.

New Post 11 Apr 2010 22:19 Southofheaven is offline Search for Posts by Southofheaven Add Southofheaven to your Buddy List
Pages (28): [1] 2 3 4 5 next » ... last » « Previous Thread | Next Thread » | Add Thread to Favorites
Jump to:
PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Forums » Your Poker Blogs » Move it, move it up to the sky!