FREE POKER TOOLS

Get free poker tools

Take your poker game to the next level with our free poker tools

Join now for free

POKER SUCCESS

Join the worlds largest poker community

Build on the experience of the world's largest poker school and community

Join now for free

PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Forums » Your Poker Blogs » DREAMC4T in life limbo. A full time player's final(?)push.
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Go to the bottom of this page DREAMC4T in life limbo. A full time player's final(?)push.
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DREAMC4T
Silver

Registration Date: 13 Oct 2009

DREAMC4T in life limbo. A full time player's final(?)push. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey hey hey hey.

I'm a 22 year old guy from Sweden. I've been playing poker full time for three-four years more or less. Started out as a MTT-grinder binking my way through life and as of 1st Feb 2012 I switched over to cash games. I've been playing almost exclusively on a small Swedish network called Svenska Spel, with just 2.5%rake and very soft competition. (It's only available for Swedish citizens)

Five max no limit cash game on NL$150ish is how I've made my living at least the last year and a half, before that in my learning process I obviously played a little lower. I've made about $3-$4k a month which is a great salary for the relatively little effort I've put into it. I've never had a massive bankroll as I like to spend money; party's, travels, stuff (THAT I REALLY NEED), clothes, food, etc etc. I've studied some poker but in all fairness way to little. I've been relying on my strong suits which are value-betting and finding bluff spots, rather than the GTO-way of the game. In all honesty I don't even know the standard odds/outs of hold em, which is just ridiculous.

Last months I've been quite bored though. Bored with life and bored with poker. I think it's time for me to soon do something else.

I've always been a fan of planning and the "product" of the planning, but not such a big fan of the action taking in between those steps. This I obviously want to change. I've got tons of ideas, things I want to learn that I just don't get of my ass and do. Time for a change.

I'm in between apartments since a couple of days ago until 1st of April. Grinding it out in my moms basement, like a true champ. I've put these weeks aside for me to think about what I'll do with my life. Logged out of Facebook, turned of my phone and told friends that I'll be unreachable until the 1st. And what I know so far is that I need and want money. A fat bankroll, once and for all. I've planned a meeting with a studying counselor, I'm going to apply to the military, it's good to have options available I think.

I'm going to give poker one last shot, try to see if I can get motivated, find joy and stimulation and start crushing higher stakes. To do this I need to study and play, study and play. Also to live good, this I actually do except for one thing - alcohol. I consume in what tests/experts would say - a highly dangerous amount. So, I'm going cold turkey at least until 1st of April, then hopefully I feel so energized from being sober that I want to keep on going for a while longer. More on this topic when it arrives.

So! Right now I'm ending a very bad losing streak I've been on for a week/two. It's over after this thread is started. Basta. I've even dropped a stake level and I'm now playing NL$75ish. Not for more than a few more days preferably.

It became a lot of babble in this post. But meh - it's for my ventilation mostly I guess. I guess I'll do a TL;DR for you guys. Good luck to me.

TL;DR

GOALS UNTIL 1ST APRIL:
- No alcohol
- No contact with outside world (except for here)
- Back to NL$150
- Study the basic poker math once and for all
- Walk+meditate every day
- Workout and eat well (this I already do)
- Find out what I want to do next in life, or at least get started with this topic
- Focus on becoming more productive

Here's my online cash game graph from 1st Feb 2012 to 1st Jan 2014:

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by DREAMC4T: 22 Mar 2014 14:12.

New Post 22 Mar 2014 13:39 DREAMC4T is offline Search for Posts by DREAMC4T Add DREAMC4T to your Buddy List
kevsaf
Bronze

Registration Date: 16 Jan 2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Goodluck! see you at the tables smile shark grin

New Post 22 Mar 2014 14:06 kevsaf is offline Search for Posts by kevsaf Add kevsaf to your Buddy List
Lazza61

Registration Date: 23 Mar 2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey DREAMC4T,

Welcome to the English blogs. smile

Sounds like you're on your way to a truly balla lifestyle.

Good luck and hope to see all plans come to fruition,

Cheers

Laz

45manSnG/MTT
Mixed Games
New Post 22 Mar 2014 14:33 Lazza61 is offline Search for Posts by Lazza61 Add Lazza61 to your Buddy List
DREAMC4T
Silver

Thread Starter Thread Started by DREAMC4T

Booked a green session earlier, kind of sweet (knock on wood). Went out for a run, had a quick sleep/eat and now it's poker on a Saturday. Long time no see.

quote:
Originally posted by kevsaf
Goodluck! see you at the tables smile shark grin

Thanks smile

quote:
Originally posted by Lazza61
Hey DREAMC4T,

Welcome to the English blogs. smile

Sounds like you're on your way to a truly balla lifestyle.

Good luck and hope to see all plans come to fruition,

Cheers

Laz

Hopefully so!
Thank you
New Post 22 Mar 2014 19:19 DREAMC4T is offline Search for Posts by DREAMC4T Add DREAMC4T to your Buddy List
DREAMC4T
Silver

Downswing - no more! Blog-rig, thanks.

Today's graph:
New Post 23 Mar 2014 02:56 DREAMC4T is offline Search for Posts by DREAMC4T Add DREAMC4T to your Buddy List
DREAMC4T
Silver

Aaaaaaaand I'm back to loosing again. Ran obscenely bad last session. Lost 10 buy-ins in 2 hours, lol. Now food, walk, meditation and then back on the horse.
New Post 23 Mar 2014 14:24 DREAMC4T is offline Search for Posts by DREAMC4T Add DREAMC4T to your Buddy List
DREAMC4T
Silver

One more session passed, this one I took back 7 BI's. Swingy, much?
New Post 23 Mar 2014 16:38 DREAMC4T is offline Search for Posts by DREAMC4T Add DREAMC4T to your Buddy List
DREAMC4T
Silver

Downswing continues. I'm so tilted atm. New week tomorrow and bye bye to my downwards spiral.
New Post 23 Mar 2014 23:42 DREAMC4T is offline Search for Posts by DREAMC4T Add DREAMC4T to your Buddy List
Saren113
Bronze

Registration Date: 06 Mar 2009

And LÖNEHELG! (Pay day)

New Post 23 Mar 2014 23:47 Saren113 is offline Search for Posts by Saren113 Add Saren113 to your Buddy List
DREAMC4T
Silver

quote:
Originally posted by Saren113
And LÖNEHELG! (Pay day)
¨
You know it nigga! Grats to us both on all the free $$
New Post 24 Mar 2014 10:51 DREAMC4T is offline Search for Posts by DREAMC4T Add DREAMC4T to your Buddy List
DREAMC4T
Silver

Dropped another level. Now I'm going to stop this loosing trend.
New Post 24 Mar 2014 19:34 DREAMC4T is offline Search for Posts by DREAMC4T Add DREAMC4T to your Buddy List
Saren113
Bronze

Crush crush crush!

New Post 24 Mar 2014 19:52 Saren113 is offline Search for Posts by Saren113 Add Saren113 to your Buddy List
DREAMC4T
Silver

Can't. Stop. Losing. Worst poker period in my life. Looking forward to this being over.

quote:
Originally posted by Saren113
Crush crush crush!

I wish!
New Post 25 Mar 2014 00:19 DREAMC4T is offline Search for Posts by DREAMC4T Add DREAMC4T to your Buddy List
Saren113
Bronze

Crush even harder! I don't hear crunching!

New Post 25 Mar 2014 08:28 Saren113 is offline Search for Posts by Saren113 Add Saren113 to your Buddy List
DREAMC4T
Silver

Almost busted main account yesterday, sick stuff. Now it's time for me to get my shit together and start winning.
New Post 26 Mar 2014 12:19 DREAMC4T is offline Search for Posts by DREAMC4T Add DREAMC4T to your Buddy List
DREAMC4T
Silver

Booked a small winning day yesterday, momentum shift?
New Post 27 Mar 2014 10:54 DREAMC4T is offline Search for Posts by DREAMC4T Add DREAMC4T to your Buddy List
DREAMC4T
Silver

Another green day, sweet! Whole weekend is grind mode.
New Post 28 Mar 2014 01:26 DREAMC4T is offline Search for Posts by DREAMC4T Add DREAMC4T to your Buddy List
stttNNN
Bronze

Registration Date: 21 Jul 2010

any updates? how is everyrthing going? smile
New Post 04 Apr 2014 18:08 stttNNN is offline Search for Posts by stttNNN Add stttNNN to your Buddy List
DREAMC4T
Silver

quote:
Originally posted by stttNNN
any updates? how is everyrthing going? smile

Good, thank you. Started drinking today again after 3 weeks (!) of cold turkey mode. One day I'll restart/retry blogging. Finished my goals etc for last month though, good stuff. Now out clubbing/dying/destroying)
New Post 06 Apr 2014 01:18 DREAMC4T is offline Search for Posts by DREAMC4T Add DREAMC4T to your Buddy List
stttNNN
Bronze

Registration Date: 21 Jul 2010

more updates plz! fish love
New Post 29 Apr 2014 18:24 stttNNN is offline Search for Posts by stttNNN Add stttNNN to your Buddy List
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » | Add Thread to Favorites
Jump to:
PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Forums » Your Poker Blogs » DREAMC4T in life limbo. A full time player's final(?)push.