FREE POKER TOOLS

Get free poker tools

Take your poker game to the next level with our free poker tools

Join now for free

POKER SUCCESS

Join the worlds largest poker community

Build on the experience of the world's largest poker school and community

Join now for free

PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Strategy and Hand Evaluations » Fixed Limit » Where to play to get PS points?
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Go to the bottom of this page Where to play to get PS points?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
CheckNate
Bronze

Registration Date: 03 Aug 2011

Where to play to get PS points? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Does anyone know of any sites that have decent micro fixed limit hold'em traffic where I can earn PS points?

I currently play at 888 regularly but I can't earn PS points there anymore. I have tracked 770 and Titan accounts but I find it difficult to find good games there with any regularity. I am also tracked at PKR but there are no fixed limit games there.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by CheckNate: 15 Jan 2013 17:48.

New Post 15 Jan 2013 17:45 CheckNate is offline Search for Posts by CheckNate Add CheckNate to your Buddy List
Silver

Registration Date: 28 Apr 2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

what about pokerstars ? Its the best site for Fixed Limit there is.

edit: just had a friend tell me you cant through stars anymore. then I dont know of a site sorry.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Avataren: 15 Jan 2013 22:38.

New Post 15 Jan 2013 22:37 Avataren is offline Search for Posts by Avataren Add Avataren to your Buddy List
GitGud
Bronze

Registration Date: 10 May 2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What? Not possible to earn PS points through Stars anymore?
New Post 15 Jan 2013 22:44 GitGud is offline Search for Posts by GitGud Add GitGud to your Buddy List
UPAY4DINNER
Silver

Registration Date: 28 Sep 2009

quote:
Originally posted by GitGud
What? Not possible to earn PS points through Stars anymore?

Not true!

At CheckNate check out the thread in my signature for some assistance with finding a poker room smile

Kind regards,
Gary

New Post 15 Jan 2013 23:02 UPAY4DINNER is offline Search for Posts by UPAY4DINNER Add UPAY4DINNER to your Buddy List
Silver

Registration Date: 28 Apr 2010

oh its not true ? I just got told by a friend who said that .. sorry about misleading information

New Post 16 Jan 2013 02:01 Avataren is offline Search for Posts by Avataren Add Avataren to your Buddy List
CheckNate
Bronze

Registration Date: 03 Aug 2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by CheckNate

Thanks but PokerStars is a no-go for me anyway because I created an account there about 5 years ago before I knew anything about affiliate bonuses.

@HollyMichelle: Thanks I'll check it out smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by CheckNate: 18 Jan 2013 03:24.

New Post 18 Jan 2013 03:23 CheckNate is offline Search for Posts by CheckNate Add CheckNate to your Buddy List
madorjan
Bronze

Registration Date: 13 Nov 2009

Unless you're playing nanostakes, play on Stars, and what you earn by not paying a shitload of rake like on any other site, you can use that 'saved' rake to buy a subscription for PS.

Let's say that you play .25/.5 and pay 3BB/100 rake on Stars, while 4BB/100 on Party. (The numbers are not accurate at all, look them up in your HEM or online or ask around, haven't played those stakes in ages - however the rake difference is probably close to accurate.) If you play say 15k hands/month, this way you "win" 1BB/100 just by not raking it, which is 150BB/month(!!!) = $75. Just go ahead and buy a subscription for gold status, and you'll get all the material without paying way way way more in rake than what you could for the status.

Inb4 moderation.tongue out

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by madorjan: 18 Jan 2013 06:19.

New Post 18 Jan 2013 06:19 madorjan is offline Search for Posts by madorjan Add madorjan to your Buddy List
Boomer2k10
Coach

Registration Date: 22 Sep 2010

quote:
Originally posted by madorjan

Inb4 moderation.tongue out

Eh, can't be bothered fish biggrin

It's definitely a good point. Net rake paid is something that everyone should be looking into when they choose a poker room.

Heart Fixed Limit Boards - Go Here!!

fish biggrin My Blog - Back In The UK....It's Cold

New Post 18 Jan 2013 12:06 Boomer2k10 is offline Search for Posts by Boomer2k10 Add Boomer2k10 to your Buddy List
gersiL
Diamond

Registration Date: 06 Dec 2012

first deposit bonus vs rake is issue too i think.
New Post 20 Jan 2013 07:56 gersiL is offline Search for Posts by gersiL Add gersiL to your Buddy List
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » | Add Thread to Favorites
Jump to:
PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Strategy and Hand Evaluations » Fixed Limit » Where to play to get PS points?