FREE POKER TOOLS

Get free poker tools

Take your poker game to the next level with our free poker tools

Join now for free

POKER SUCCESS

Join the worlds largest poker community

Build on the experience of the world's largest poker school and community

Join now for free

PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Forums » Your Poker Blogs » From invisible to invincible!
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 next » ... last »
Go to the bottom of this page From invisible to invincible! 3 Votes - Average Rating: 8.003 Votes - Average Rating: 8.003 Votes - Average Rating: 8.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Matysek
Bronze

Registration Date: 24 Oct 2012

From invisible to invincible! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Life is splendid
and I decided to take important step to become the champion! Yes, you read well. Another presumptuous lad who you think will probably fail. But for me success is inevitable. Tomorrow are starting holidays, but not for me.
Through my life I´ve changed a lot and I will definitely write more about it.

About myself:
I am from Czech Republic and I am 18 years old. I am over 6 ft tall and my weight is 85 kg (187 lbs, 10% bodyfat). I started playing poker in October thanks to my former friend. I was playing 3$ FR SNG on Party Poker. In march somebody changed my life. That guy was Gordon. Because trying to grind FR sng was so boring and suddenly I watched one of his video. In a day I was withdrawing and I shipped 600$ to my new ps.com account.
My plan was to play few 3,5$ and after while switch to 7$. But "thanks" to me being stupid after MTT session with my former friend my account has been left with 60$. So I had to start grinding 3,5$.
Currently I´m playing turbo 7$ HUSNG and looking forward to start shooting 15$. Also I´ve started doing calisthenics. I love life and I don´t like negative people who always complain. I like history, politics and economy, reading books, meeting with new people.

How do I imagine myself as the champion?
I would like to achieve Kalos kagathos. grin
Well, I want to have financial freedom, lovely wife, strong son, tons of knowledge, successful and loyal friends, great memories, awesome future, breath-taking present and great social skills. I want to help other people. I do want to change thinking of our nation.
I want to speak fluently english without our awkward slavic accent.

How do I want to achieve that?
Because I don´t believe in god or if I wish it will become true (Secret). I want to achieve that through hard work. I believe in myself. I believe I will become even more diligent, patient, humble, social, stronger and I can succeed. I will have goals.

Life term goals:
- Become millionaire and achieve financial freedom through getting active income
- To become great speaker and leader
- To live outside of Czech Republic atleast for a few years
-Weight to be atleast 200 pounds, 220 of muscles would be best.
- Able to do: Muscle up, pistol squat, front lever, human flag, dragon flag, hand stand pushup, one-arm pushup, one-arm pullup
- Run a marathon atleast once in my life. But i don´t want to lose any muscles because of that.
- Help other people, especially friends to be more diligent and better people.

Short term goals:
- Improve myself everyday for 12 hours atleast
- Increase volume - one tabling is hell, but mainly I want to improve
- Learn speed reading
- Move up to 15$, maybe 30$ or start two tabling 15$
- Build bankroll for NL50
- Buy HU mastermind
- Do session review everyday
- Post to blog everyday my progress and goals, what is on my mind, some interesting hands
- Read atleast 2 books in July
- Workout 6 - 7 times a week
- Study history a bit
- Stayfocusd set for 30 minutes
- Wake up at 8:00 am everyday

1. 7. 2013:
- 12 hours of work - have to start gently smile
- wake up at 8:00 am
- lesson of speed reading
- session review
- workout / jogging
- atleast 30 tournaments
- session review
- play A game
- do not be lazy!

Reward: New episode of Top gear

Also I would like to thank to for inspiring / helping me:
Gordon
Imachampion
Schnitzelfisch
Ilidek

New Post 30 Jun 2013 19:26 Matysek is offline Search for Posts by Matysek Add Matysek to your Buddy List
Matysek
Bronze

Thread Starter Thread Started by Matysek
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Day 1

In the morning I woke up 30 minutes earlier and I did speed reading lesson before workout. I improved from 220 words per minute to 300 words per minute in one lesson. YAY! smile
After workout I got short session review then I played for 6 hours clear time. My brain has to get use to that. I was autopiloting for a while, so I took short break, did few pushups, played with ball. When I jumped back I was fine. I played 40 tournaments... I´m going to do session review now and If possible I will try playing two tables 3,5$.
I´ve been working on myself for 10 hours so far. Two more and I will be done.
It will be difficult, but reward will be great.

2. 7. 2013
- 12 hours of work - For now I think it is enough smile
- session review
- workout / jogging
- atleast 40 tournaments
- session review
- play A game
- try two tabling!

Reward: New episode of Dexter
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
He was so agressive. Is it possible to call? Folding is not an option.

PokerStars - $15/30 Blinds - 2 Players
Hand Converter by Pokerhand.org

BTN: $1,190
BB: $1,810

Pre-flop: Dealt to HERO 2Spade ASpade
HERO raises to $45, BB calls $30

Flop: ($105) 7Heart KSpade 8Spade (2 Players)
BB checks, HERO bets $90, BB raises to $210, HERO raises to $1,040, BB calls $920

Turn: ($2,365) 2Diamond (2 Players)

River: ($2,365) TClub (2 Players)

BB Showed 5Heart KHeart
HERO Showed 2Spade ASpade
BB wins $2,380

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Matysek: 13 Jul 2013 15:47.

New Post 01 Jul 2013 18:23 Matysek is offline Search for Posts by Matysek Add Matysek to your Buddy List
Matysek
Bronze

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Day 2

It is going to be even more difficult than I thought. All my friends are doing something and they are inviting me to join them
I know I have to be more hedonist, but not now. I´ll dedicate this holidays for development of myself. I´ve also forbidden myself meeting new girls and wasting time with them. In the night I couldn´t fall asleep, so I watched High stakes cash HU game... It is even better than sleeping pills grin They are leveling a lot, balancing and overthinking. I have to improve my focus... I can´t hold playing A game more than two hours. And I don´t know what happened, usually I don´t care about bad beats, suckouts etc... I don´t give a damn, but today some russian guy was very lucky and I went on tilt... I took a break, played with soccer ball for a while and I was fine back again. But still normally I would just laugh, because these guys are the most EV+ smile
Now I´ll have short session review and then I will try two tabling again.

3. 7. 2013
- 12 hours of work - For now I think it is enough
- session review
- workout / jogging
- atleast 40 tournaments
- play A game
- buy new mouse and numeric keyboard (I like my shoulders)

Reward: Read some history articles for one hour
Well, over the hands, he was checkraising all of his top pairs and strong middle pairs. I couldn´t imagine he would call me with weak king. Great play by him, because I think he adjusted to my barelling against his calling range.

PokerStars - Hold'em Tournament - $20/40 Blinds - 2 Players

BB: $1,650
BTN: $1,350

Pre-flop: Dealt to BTN 8Diamond QClub
BTN raises to $80, BB calls $40

Flop: ($160) AClub 2Spade KDiamond (2 Players)
BB checks, BTN bets $80, BB calls $80

Turn: ($320) TClub (2 Players)
BB checks, BTN bets $200, BB calls $200

River: ($720) 3Club (2 Players)
BB checks, BTN bets $520, BB calls $520
BTN Showed 8Diamond QClub
BB Showed ASpade 8Club
BB wins $1,760 with a pair of Aces

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Matysek: 13 Jul 2013 15:48.

New Post 02 Jul 2013 20:15 Matysek is offline Search for Posts by Matysek Add Matysek to your Buddy List
Matysek
Bronze

Day 3

I´m done for today. I will take a break for few minutes and then I will do 2 hours session review. I´ve lost 9 buyins so far. I want to know why, I remember some coolers... First 400 hands I played really great, but then came some spewy plays... Calling 3 streets on paired board with top pair against semi-aggresive player. Now I really don´t know if it was mistake, or if it was just cooler. I´m not complaining, but variance was little bit harsh against me. Eg. I played with some guy 25 hands and my notes looks like: Slowplays fullhouse, slowplays flush, slowplays str8 smile
I wanted tomorrow try shooting 15$, but I´ll stay at 7$ for few more days.

4. 7. 2013
- 12 hours of work
- session review
- workout / jogging
- atleast 40 tournaments
- play A game
- give coaching to friend of mine... smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Matysek: 13 Jul 2013 15:49.

New Post 03 Jul 2013 18:47 Matysek is offline Search for Posts by Matysek Add Matysek to your Buddy List
Matysek
Bronze

Day 4

Well today, it was really annoying... From A game I went on tilt and played C game... Calling like a retard. I didn´t believe them anything, got some coolers etc... but then i took a break, calmed down and started playing my B game. After a while I regained composure and ended session in A game. I gotta prepare myself for tomorrow, because I´ve almost never played on Friday, but I heard there are the worst players.
btw I´m ashamed for my showdown line :X but still glad that my nonshowdown line is still going up, even against total agressive donks. I´ve started reading Mersennary´s book again. I want to have strong basics.
I´m looking forward to play NL 50. I want to find greater edge smile

5. 7. 2013
- 12 hours of work
- session review
- workout / jogging
- atleast 40 tournaments
- play A game
- don´t tilt

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Matysek: 13 Jul 2013 15:49.

New Post 04 Jul 2013 22:13 Matysek is offline Search for Posts by Matysek Add Matysek to your Buddy List
Matysek
Bronze

Day 5

Well, I think that I´m going to be playing on Friday. I was studying poker from 12 to 17... and then played until now. EV line is down, because I ran lot of time into better aces (AJ to AK 15 bb deep etc.), but I won them smile I´ve played only 30 tournaments so far, but guys were so slow. I was playing A-game the whole time, maybe bit of B-game. I guess, I´ll give myself task hands instead of tournaments. I failed in rapid reading lesson today. My cap is 300 words and that is because I´m reading in my mind... I have to remove this leak and then I´ll leap to atleast 400 words per minute.
I´ll take a short break and then I´ll try playing 3,5 two tables. I´ll do session review in the morning.
I realized how many is 12 hours of work. I´ve never realized that before, but I´m improving every day in lot of things and I´m glad for that. Also little things like listening to my favorite music are more precious to me or watching to episode of Dexter or Top gear is now more amazing.

6. 7. 2013:
- 12 hours of work
- wake up at 9:00 am
- Fix reading in mind leak
- session review
- workout / jogging
- atleast 1200 hands
- session review
- play A game
- do not be lazy!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Matysek: 13 Jul 2013 15:49.

New Post 05 Jul 2013 22:38 Matysek is offline Search for Posts by Matysek Add Matysek to your Buddy List
Matysek
Bronze

Day 6

Okay, sometimes I act like a spewy fish. I was doing theory and watching mersennary´s videos whole day. Tommorow I will start shooting 15$. Wish me luck.
I´m tired as hell, I was doing calisthenics 8 days in row. I guess I have to take a break for a while smile Tomorrow I´m going to write something more about myself and also I´m going to do weekly review.

7. 7. 2013:
- 12 hours of work
- wake up at 9:00 am
- Fix reading in mind leak
- session review
- sprints
- atleast 1000 hands
- try playing 15$
- play A game
- weekly review

Good night smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Matysek: 13 Jul 2013 15:50.

New Post 07 Jul 2013 00:38 Matysek is offline Search for Posts by Matysek Add Matysek to your Buddy List
JimPetzolt
Bronze

Registration Date: 03 May 2013

Hi,
I am so happy that i can read this blog. Matěj is my really old friend and my best friend so far. We met each other in 3rd class in Primary school. Since that time i get to know him really well. I always admired him because of his skills.
Matěj always analyse the thing before he start to do it and when he decides to do it, he does to the end.
It is now about half a year when Matěj started to speak about Poker and play poker. From the beginning i knew that he will achieve his goal, because of his patience and his hard work. And know when i know Matěj new Mind set i am convinced even more. He did big changes in his life,that are necessary, to became one of the best poker players.
I hope he will change his dream into the reality. I wish him good luck in his personal life and also on the tables. So keep going!!!

Ps. I will read this blog, so keep posting.
New Post 07 Jul 2013 21:29 JimPetzolt is offline Search for Posts by JimPetzolt Add JimPetzolt to your Buddy List
Matysek
Bronze

Day 7

JP: Hey, bro... Thanks smile We will together achieve great things

Okay, I tried just one 15$ tournament and well guy gave me cooler (top pair vs better top pair) and then I looked on sharkscope and found out that there are lot of regs :/ Also traffic is not the best and I looked at 30´s and there is horrific. So I don´t know what to do. Eventually I will start beating 15´s, but then what? I will have to do lot of bankroll there. I don´t know what to do, if I switch to HT, I´ve got great edge shallow while playing turbos, but I don´t know how to play completely readless 25 bb deep. Are turbos dead on every site? Is there any possibility to play somewhere lower stakes than NL50 and still beat rake? If no I guess, I´ll start grinding two tabling 7´s eventually three tabling or switch to 15´s.

Weekly review:
I played 8880 hands this week, I want to improve to next week atleast 10 000, I´ll try to increase it every week. I worked on development of myself every day atleast 12 hours. That is half of the whole week. Never done that before. I did calisthenics 6 times, today I did only sprints to hill. Stay focusd stayed turned on and was (is) set only 20 minutes per day. I read Mersennary´s book and wrote notes from every chapter. The main problem was tilt. I tilted twice maybe three times and It cost me I think about 15 - 10 buyins. I realized how important are other aspects of life to not to tilt. I didn´t know how will be in touch with my friends, but I created facebook group, where we agree going to forest to do calisthenics. I started alone, but yesterday there were 6 friends of mine. I woke up 8:00 / 9:00 everyday. It was my first week of becoming champion. I´m pleased except one thing. I failed at speed reading. But I don´t see it important for now. And I´ve got plenty of books in english, where I can´t use it yet. It is not excuse, I´ve already bought the course, so I will definitely get back to it. Maybe already in July or in August or as a reward, when I will succesfully move to NL50. I also watched videos from Schnitzelfisch and some live play by Mersennary. I was studying theory a bit. Next week I want to focus on creating scenarios on next level. I did that before and It helped my game a lot. I´m using Gordon´s HUD and I almost know what number means what and how to exploit my opponent. Still I need to learn some more, I guess it will be in HU mastermind (what does 30% of WTSD means, how to exploit it etc...). But mainly thanks to creating scenarios I want to improve my thinking about empirical evidences. I know just basics. It is just logical thing. It may also come with experiences.

8. 7. 2013
- 12 hours of work
- session review
- workout
- play 1200 hands
- play A game
- don´t tilt
SICK
This hand was played by friend who I coached... grin How to get true value from Royal Flush. I saw RF second time in my life!
PokerStars - Hold'em Tournament - $25/50 Blinds - 2 Players

BTN: $1,385
BB: $1,615

Pre-flop: Dealt to BTN KClub 2Spade
BTN raises to $100, BB calls $50

Flop: ($200) 8Club KDiamond TDiamond (2 Players)
BB checks, BTN bets $100, BB calls $100

Turn: ($400) ADiamond (2 Players)
BB checks, BTN bets $150, BB calls $150

River: ($700) JHeart (2 Players)
BB bets $50, BTN calls $50
BB Showed JDiamond QDiamond
BTN Mucks KClub 2Spade
BB wins $800 with a Royal Flush

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Matysek: 13 Jul 2013 15:50.

New Post 07 Jul 2013 22:33 Matysek is offline Search for Posts by Matysek Add Matysek to your Buddy List
Matysek
Bronze

Quick guide through my life:
When I was at elementary school, I was doing some tests (IQ) and they told my parents I should go to school for gifted, especially dedicated to math to develop my mind. But I was really, really lazy and stubborn and enforced staying at normal school. Where I didn´t have to do anything, just going out with other kids, doing sports, watching tv, playing computer games. But then something tragical happened in my family and my only escape was my computer. I started playing World of Warcraft and other bullshit. I became painfully asocial, even more lazy and the worst thing was that I became fat. With that I lost confidence and wasn´t even able to talk to strangers.
In 2010 I ended at grammar school and was going away from old people to high school. I was 15 years old and my weight was 200 lbs!!! I wanted to change my appearence, but I didn´t know nothing about diet, reducing fat... Fortunately, my best friend (JimPetzolt) was doing half or quarter marathon almost every day and I asked him for help. I still remember that day and I think I will remember it until I die. It was in June. That day changed my life. I ran 400 metres grin . But something has changed in myself. I continued with progress, lost I think 35 - 30 lbs, and in the end of summer I did 4 km. I came to new school as a new person. People acted to me differently. I was still fat, but not so big fatass smile Actually till the next summer, I gained almost everything back, you know I wanted to do something, but excuses are so nice and pleasing. I was the whole time wasting time playing League of Legends and other crap. And also first girls eventually came tongue out
In the summer goal was clear, lost weight again. I drank lot of alcohol, but except that I was a real beast. I was doing something twice a day / three times a day. Jogging, jumping a jumping rope. Before summer I could do only 5 pushups in a set. In september I was doing 50 reps and 20 sets (that´s 1000 pushups a day), some girls envy my boobs grin . But other than that I was still doing nothing, I saw almost every sitcom (I saw himym 5 times :X). People at school were shocked I lost again from 190 lbs to 160 lbs smile
Then I started going to gym... I was at the end of 2011. I was beast once again... Wake up at 6 am - workout... after school I went to gym... after gym I went jogging. I desired to be thin. I ran my first quarter marathon. I started reading about nutrition, exercises. This knowledge is really great and useful. People started to noticing my change of appearence, girls started to flatter me. Friends started asking question and eventually joined me in gym. I became lover of reading, read the whole Lord of the rings, The song of ice and fire etc... but still... I was playing computer games and going to partys (nothing useful). And what about my life and goals? I imagined I´m going to be some kind of biochemist. At first I wanted to be historian, but my history teacher banned it (little money). And chemistry was another subject that entertained me. You may laugh, why I changed my "dream", but another friend of mine recommended me Kioysaki´s book: Rich dad, Poor dad. I know it is simple reading but it changed my view, I realized that there many other people and if i´m going to sit on my ass, I´m not going to achieve anything. And also in these times rely on finding job is bs. I really don´t know what will be people in Czech Republic doing. Everything is closing, almost nothing is made here. We were rich nation (before WW2), one of the most developed Countries in the World. We need new ideas, almost everybody relies on becoming employee, but those who are enterprising and are trying hard are successful.
Those holidays in 2012 I finally started doing something useful. I read over 25 books. Then I met a former friend, who was (maybe still is) really successful at poker. I will never forget it and I will repay it someday, somehow, maybe somebody else. He gave me coachings for free, even staked me for a while. I was studying a lot, but It was very inefficient.
Then I saw Gordon´s videos. Did lot of things by his "command". I started playing HUSNGs, cleared my working place, throw away like thousand useless things. I also did list of "friends". I expelled those who are complaining, drunkards, coach-potatos etc.. I started meeting new old friends, who are doing something to become successful. Stopped complaining, stopped saying excusses, stopped listening what other thinks is right. At first I became arrogant, doing jokes about people who fail at their lives because their laziness. Then I realized, I shouldn´t care, everybody has own life. And also I became humble once again, to people who deserve it.
Over the time I gained self-confidence (too much grin ), but If I believe I fail, I will fail. I became self-reliant. I think that one of the biggest brakes is girlfriend for now. I know, everybody has own needs, that´s why we get friends with benefits smile
But I´m only 18 and unstoppable... In two years I will see it differently. The truth is I love meeting new girls! smile
You know that playing without goals? Every friday instead of session going out somewhere etc... I decided to change it, to do another step to become invincible. That´s why I am writting this blog. To become poker pro!
Nobody will read it to this point, and if so congratulations. Wish me luck and I will suceed.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Matysek: 08 Jul 2013 00:30.

New Post 08 Jul 2013 00:20 Matysek is offline Search for Posts by Matysek Add Matysek to your Buddy List
MisterSnS
Platinum

Registration Date: 09 Nov 2011

I did read to this point! Its always impressive to hear stories from people who ran pretty bad in their early days but then started to work hard and eventually gain back what they lost (not meaning the weight here grin ). The girlfriend thing is absolutely true. I had a incredibly beautiful and charming girlfriend. We were almost never arguing about sth, but relationships eat time, important time, that cannot be given back when we are 30 years old. Thus, I think you have good values over there, and with hard work, nothing will be impossible. Good luck!

New Post 08 Jul 2013 00:28 MisterSnS is offline Search for Posts by MisterSnS Add MisterSnS to your Buddy List
Matysek
Bronze

quote:
Originally posted by MisterSnS
I did read to this point! Its always impressive to hear stories from people who ran pretty bad in their early days but then started to work hard and eventually gain back what they lost (not meaning the weight here grin ). The girlfriend thing is absolutely true. I had a incredibly beautiful and charming girlfriend. We were almost never arguing about sth, but relationships eat time, important time, that cannot be given back when we are 30 years old. Thus, I think you have good values over there, and with hard work, nothing will be impossible. Good luck!

Hah, thank you smile Your blog is great and even more motivational than mine. Guess we´ll have to meet as millionaires in 20 years. grin

New Post 08 Jul 2013 09:52 Matysek is offline Search for Posts by Matysek Add Matysek to your Buddy List
Matysek
Bronze

Day 8

Today I played only 400 hands. I am so tired the whole day, I didn´t wake up in the morning :/ I worked on myself for 6 hours, so I guess this is my day off. Tomorrow I will make it up for today. I´m going to bed, good night.

New Post 08 Jul 2013 20:33 Matysek is offline Search for Posts by Matysek Add Matysek to your Buddy List
Matysek
Bronze

Day 9

Well, I went through little downswing. My ev line didn´t want to go up, but fortunately i´m lucky in coinflips smile I made it up for yesterday. I´m exhausted... I tried some 15´s, in the evening it looks fine, I´ll move there slowly. And I really don´t know what happened to my Non-showdown line... I didn´t change my playing style i´m even more aggresive... Only change is that I play against more aggresive villains, who aren´t folding a shit. I want to be non-showdown guy, so if it continues, I´ll focus more on bluffing. Today I went through lot of hands and I was drilling barelling and then my non-showdown friend went negatively. grin In 9 days I played 1/3 of what I played in 4 months before smile It would be great to get to NL50 in September. I wouldn´t mind if it was sooner.

10. 7. 2013:
- 12 hours of work - it is enough smile
- session review
- workout
- play A game
- 1500 hands

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Matysek: 13 Jul 2013 15:51.

New Post 09 Jul 2013 21:52 Matysek is offline Search for Posts by Matysek Add Matysek to your Buddy List
Matysek
Bronze

Day 10

Hey, guys. Today, it was so boring, annoying. I´m not "winning" anymore. Still I got some confidence, because I still know where is my edge and how to get it. I tried two tabling, when I´m playing against slow villains, I could be doing it for long time. But when players are constantly clicking back and that beep sound on pokerstars is so retarded... I think I will turn it off. Then i start autopiloting... and when i´m two tabling, i´m too passive against donks... normally i´m attacking second donkbet sometimes first... Have to focus on that a bit, but they are such a calling stations!!! (funny hand below)
My friends went to lan party grin I wanted to join them so much. Such a temptation, just chilling, eating, playing some old strategy. Then I remembered what I already sacrificed and what I´m going to sacrifice. If I fail writting this blog / challenge I guess I will stop playing poker and will donate whole br to my mother or someone in need. If I bust, i will rebuild my br, but if i quit, I´ll quit forever.
I do think about playing on fulltilt... Their structure of turbos is quicker
and I really don´t know If i should build my NL50 br (40 buyins) or first buy HU mastermind (624 $ or something like that). Tomorrow I´m going to work on poker only for 10 hours, because I want to be filled with energy on Friday.

One of the reasons, why I can´t get my red line up. My only note was check - raise toppair. Flop is standard, turn is standard, I decided to bluff river because of my note and he can´t really call with 9x, obviously I was wrong... grin
PokerStars - Hold'em Tournament - $15/30 Blinds - 2 Players

BB: $1,650
BTN: $1,350

Pre-flop: Dealt to BTN ASpade 5Spade
BTN raises to $60, BB calls $30

Flop: ($120) 9Heart 3Spade TSpade (2 Players)
BB checks, BTN bets $60, BB calls $60

Turn: ($240) JDiamond (2 Players)
BB checks, BTN bets $160, BB calls $160

River: ($560) KDiamond (2 Players)
BB checks, BTN bets $340, BB calls $340
BTN Showed ASpade 5Spade
BB Showed 4Diamond AHeart
BB wins $620 with high card Ace
BTN wins $620 with high card Ace

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Matysek: 13 Jul 2013 15:51.

New Post 10 Jul 2013 22:02 Matysek is offline Search for Posts by Matysek Add Matysek to your Buddy List
Matysek
Bronze

I´ve decided to write down what am I doing verbally. When I see HUD, how would I exploit my opponent. The problem is I don´t have big sample sizes on many players.
I´ll post every opp over 100 hands from now. And I´m sorry I don´t know how to get better pictures of HUD.

I would fold to his steals a lot
Only 3bet with 99+, AJ+
I would attack his limps with ATC except QQ+ until he adjusts
I would minraise ATC, maybe 90%, because he is 3betting really big (like 5x etc...)
I would checkraise him TPGK+, but his range is so tight, that I would consider TPTK+, combo draws
I should cbet only TPGK+ and FD, OE... because of his high x/r... I can checkback second pairs etc... because he doesn´t lead turns and with air I take the pot on the turn
Also I know that he goes mad when I check in 3bet pot, so I should check/jam, check/call my TPTK+
And I shouldn´t try barelling, because of his high WTSD. I know he doesn´t mind calling 3 streets with third pair on flop. => value bet very thinly on turn and river

New Post 11 Jul 2013 15:05 Matysek is offline Search for Posts by Matysek Add Matysek to your Buddy List
Matysek
Bronze

Day 11

I must admit that quality is way better than quality. I was playing 15´s and I think that my edge is there still same. From tomorrow I want to play only there. And also I did some reg-battles... It was funny, they did all the leveling for me... And I got one reg on tilt smile We played first match, he overplayed me there, I was really card dead. He even started opening 100% range, because after 25 hands I played back only 2 times. Second match I started 3betting him like a mad man. First hand as a bluff, second hand I got 99, third hand I got AA well and because another hand he 3betted me, I shoved my 99 (50 bb deep, he was 3betting 32%) and he called me with 33 and I was like wtf. And he is long-term winning reg 8% roi, only hand in my range which he beats is 22, another PP are crushing him (which I will be shoving there a lot) and he didn´t have any proof that I am shoving there suited aces (which I won´t lot of time). KQ, KJ I would flat... AK, AQ I would probably 4bet small to induce, not jam.
Nevertheless, weekend is coming that means more fishes. I wanted to play two tables of 7´s, but instead of that I´m going to grind 15´s, my br is not so far to 30´s. I will try to go up in stakes first and when I´m stuck because of traffic, edge or experiences then I will learn two tabling...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Matysek: 13 Jul 2013 15:52.

New Post 11 Jul 2013 22:32 Matysek is offline Search for Posts by Matysek Add Matysek to your Buddy List
Matysek
Bronze

I would attack his limps widely, until he starts trapping me
I would call tighter. *I´ve got note... 3x = AK, AQ => his 2x range is weaker, so I can 3bet that more
I would 3bet him with polarized range, and definitely would give up drawy flops, maybe I can take the pot on some dangerous turns
I should cbet only TPGK+, FD, maybe OE
I should check back air, gutshots, second pairs etc... because he leads turns only for value
I should be tighter against his steals (not much), I should fold just a little bit more to his cbets, still I don´t have proof that he is checking back 2nd pairs etc... but still doesn´t like to fold to my raises on flop => very lightly for value TPGK+ is enough, maybe FD.
Good night!

New Post 11 Jul 2013 22:52 Matysek is offline Search for Posts by Matysek Add Matysek to your Buddy List
Matysek
Bronze

Day 12

Okay, I´m pissed... So many bad beats and suckouts... It is not even possible...
For today I´m done, I lost 6 buyins (on 15´s) , lost all confidence etc... move down back to 7´s... :X In the end I was tilting and I busted out of knockout :/

I´m retarded leveling fish... He is a reg, and he could represent Ace so well, because of his check back on the flop... but I just couldn´t believe that he is going to beat me with his 0,2% on the flop... sad People simply don´t bluff on the river by raising!!!

PokerStars - Hold'em Tournament - $20/40 Blinds - 2 Players

BB: $1,840
BTN: $1,160

Pre-flop: Dealt to BB 9Spade KDiamond
BTN raises to $80, BB calls $40

Flop: ($160) 9Club QClub 9Heart (2 Players)
BB checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($160) ADiamond (2 Players)
BB bets $120, BTN calls $120

River: ($400) AClub (2 Players)
BB bets $240, BTN raises to $600, BB raises to $1,640 and is all-in, BTN calls $360 and is all-in, BB returns $680
BB Showed 9Spade KDiamond
BTN Showed 3Diamond AHeart
BTN wins $2,320 with a full house, Aces full of Nines

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Matysek: 13 Jul 2013 15:52.

New Post 12 Jul 2013 21:25 Matysek is offline Search for Posts by Matysek Add Matysek to your Buddy List
MisterSnS
Platinum

Registration Date: 09 Nov 2011

quote:
People simply don´t bluff on the river by raising!!!

Yep. But hey, see the positive side on it, you learned to fold next time in such a spot. wink And 6 Buyin's isn't the world. Be aware to not get tilted by bad results, they will happen once in a while = the most normal thing in poker.

New Post 12 Jul 2013 21:47 MisterSnS is offline Search for Posts by MisterSnS Add MisterSnS to your Buddy List
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 next » ... last » « Previous Thread | Next Thread » | Add Thread to Favorites
Jump to:
PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Forums » Your Poker Blogs » From invisible to invincible!