FREE POKER TOOLS

Get free poker tools

Take your poker game to the next level with our free poker tools

Join now for free

POKER SUCCESS

Join the worlds largest poker community

Build on the experience of the world's largest poker school and community

Join now for free

PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Strategy and Hand Evaluations » Tournaments » Hand Evaluations up to $11 Tournaments » AQs
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Go to the bottom of this page AQs
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
davidcana
Bronze

Registration Date: 26 Dec 2011

AQs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Pacific, $3.15 + $0.35 NL Hold'em Tournament, 150/300 Blinds, 30 Ante, 9 Players

BB: 23,948
UTG: 14,375
UTG+1: 9,883
UTG+2: 15,582
MP1: 54,639
MP2: 12,967
CO: 18,745
Hero (BTN): 10,160
SB: 18,186

Pre-Flop: (720) Q A dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to 720, 4 folds, Hero raises to 2,100, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls 1,380

Flop: (4,920) K 6 6 (2 Players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets 2,460, UTG+1 calls 2,460

Turn: (9,840) 9 (2 Players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets 5,570 and is All-In, UTG+1 calls 5,293 and is All-In

River: (20,426) 9 (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 20,426 Pot

any mistake ?
New Post 26 Feb 2012 15:49 davidcana is offline Search for Posts by davidcana Add davidcana to your Buddy List
Tiltberger
Professional Judge

Registration Date: 26 Dec 2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i like it!
the turns is a really good card for you and i see def. some better hands folding here!
+ value vs fds wink

pre -> i think i would just flat against most tighter players. just against really lose fishy players i 3bet/call in this spot and probably a little bit smaller ip -> 1,8k or something like that!
greets
New Post 27 Feb 2012 12:58 Tiltberger is offline Search for Posts by Tiltberger Add Tiltberger to your Buddy List
M0na1isa
Bronze

Registration Date: 05 Feb 2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I believe AQ is way overrated. Specially in tournaments. I would never repop with AQs in that stage of a MTT. Most of the time I'd fold it even if there's even a flat call before me. I'm not a rock but bleeding in tournaments is a common problem for most of the players. I'm not saying you should stop playing AQ altogether but I believe at that stage of the tournament you should've folded preflop. But you should keep your hands history and check your AQ status. I believe if you keep playing it like this it would be negative for sure.

The way you played, preflop, when u get a call best case would be against a pair or AK.
And on the turn, even if the guy isn't just being careful with AK or slow rolling a made hand, you had about %30. So I believe should've checked on the turn and seen the river for free. If made your flush he's gonna call you anyway cause he won't put you on a flush draw on the turn. If not, you're not winning the hand and he ain't going anywhere.

Then again, if would've been me I would've folded preflop. But if I was deep and wanted to put pressure and reraised preflop, then betting on the flop would not be a good idea. Cause usually running against AK or a pair which would be really hard to push him out of the hand on the flop. And on the turn, not so many outs, might even drawing dead.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by M0na1isa: 27 Feb 2012 14:02.

New Post 27 Feb 2012 13:50 M0na1isa is offline Search for Posts by M0na1isa Add M0na1isa to your Buddy List
jackinbeat
Bronze

Registration Date: 26 Jul 2011

My thoughts are basically flat pre, never folding AQs here for a small raise, unless he's super tight in early position, wouldn't want to raise, although you do have position, so if you do raise, I'd make it smaller.

Flop i check back. Turn if they check, i'd bet maybe 1025, a bit over 1/3 of pot, and call a raise depending on player and sizing. If calls might be tempted to fire again, although might check behind, again player dependant.

Don't want to go broke with AQ, I've learnt that lesson the painful way.

Would be interested to know what you think of my play, have many hand histories of my own to post, just find that some already posted seem better for analysis, how do you pick a good hand to post?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jackinbeat: 29 Feb 2012 02:43.

New Post 29 Feb 2012 02:40 jackinbeat is offline Search for Posts by jackinbeat Add jackinbeat to your Buddy List
NutzAreOk

Registration Date: 28 Jan 2011

You are only 32bb effective here so I would always flat this IP. No matter if opener is tight or loose player. Way too weak to fold AQs pre.

Way you have played this hand, maybe 1/3 pot cbet on the flop would be better and just give up on turn if villain does not fold (unless your hand improves). If you hit the ace on the turn, you have to play really carefully. I would take a free card and checkback turn.

e. Ofc you can 3bet here vs loose villain but if you don`t want to go broke here pre, flat.

!Finnish Corner!

Diamond Finnish fish flipping for fame Diamond

"Salute, mi familia"

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by NutzAreOk: 03 Mar 2012 14:07.

New Post 03 Mar 2012 13:27 NutzAreOk is offline Search for Posts by NutzAreOk Add NutzAreOk to your Buddy List
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » | Add Thread to Favorites
Jump to:
PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Strategy and Hand Evaluations » Tournaments » Hand Evaluations up to $11 Tournaments » AQs