FREE POKER TOOLS

Get free poker tools

Take your poker game to the next level with our free poker tools

Join now for free

POKER SUCCESS

Join the worlds largest poker community

Build on the experience of the world's largest poker school and community

Join now for free

PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Strategy and Hand Evaluations » Tournaments » Hand Evaluations up to $11 Tournaments » 3.50 45 man - ATs late on
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Go to the bottom of this page 3.50 45 man - ATs late on
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Andyuk18
Bronze

Registration Date: 06 Dec 2010

3.50 45 man - ATs late on Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Poker Stars $3.19+$0.31 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t300/t600 Blinds + t50 - 6 players - View hand 1739457
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: t10797 M = 9.00
MP: t3083 M = 2.57
CO: t5472 M = 4.56
Hero (BTN): t4550 M = 3.79
SB: t5625 M = 4.69
BB: t4579 M = 3.82

Pre Flop: (t1200) Hero is BTN with A Club T Club
UTG raises to t1200, 2 folds, Hero raises to t4500 all in, 1 fold, BB raises to t4529 all in, 1 fold

Flop: (t10800) 7 Heart 9 Spade K Club (2 players - 2 are all in)

Turn: (t10800) J Diamond (2 players - 2 are all in)

River: (t10800) 5 Club (2 players - 2 are all in)

Too loose? I see myself busting a lot of these around 10th-15th so kinda questioning my late stage play atm.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Andyuk18: 23 Apr 2012 14:00.

New Post 23 Apr 2012 13:59 Andyuk18 is offline Search for Posts by Andyuk18 Add Andyuk18 to your Buddy List
rhinoneil
Silver

Registration Date: 16 Apr 2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This is a definite shove imo and just unlucky to find BB with a hand behind you.
In terms of busting out 10th-15th, you should probably look at your play when you have 12-25 big blinds left, it may be that you are playing too tight during that stage.
Once you get under 10BB you dont have many options really

My poker million experiences
New Post 23 Apr 2012 15:16 rhinoneil is offline Search for Posts by rhinoneil Add rhinoneil to your Buddy List
Andyuk18
Bronze

Registration Date: 06 Dec 2010

Thread Starter Thread Started by Andyuk18
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by rhinoneil
This is a definite shove imo and just unlucky to find BB with a hand behind you.
In terms of busting out 10th-15th, you should probably look at your play when you have 12-25 big blinds left, it may be that you are playing too tight during that stage.
Once you get under 10BB you dont have many options really

Thanks for the reply. Definitely not playing too tight, worried about being too spewy. tongue out
New Post 23 Apr 2012 16:00 Andyuk18 is offline Search for Posts by Andyuk18 Add Andyuk18 to your Buddy List
amplifyd
Bronze

Registration Date: 03 Aug 2009

Yea I am also happy to shove here unless UTG is a sick nit - which I don't expect at 3s.

It is the bottom of my AXs shoving range though - just because I don't expect him to be that loose and I think can find some good first in spots with FE with this stack still.

Also <10bb in 45s we shouldn't get as worried as in other structures since survival is rewarded more in these given the less top heavy payout structure.
New Post 23 Apr 2012 19:50 amplifyd is offline Search for Posts by amplifyd Add amplifyd to your Buddy List
wlcKeD
Bronze

Registration Date: 24 Feb 2009

quote:
Originally posted by amplifyd
Also <10bb in 45s we shouldn't get as worried as in other structures since survival is rewarded more in these given the less top heavy payout structure.

I'm a bit new at multitable sngs rolleyes Could you please explain more what you meant here? I mean, should we play more tightish when <10 bb and put survival over doubling up, or what? And what do you mean by "in these" ? What is the difference "in others" then? Sorry about maybe noobish questions, and thanks in advance for your answer smile

New Post 28 Apr 2012 11:53 wlcKeD is offline Search for Posts by wlcKeD Add wlcKeD to your Buddy List
ILuvBeachVB
Silver

Registration Date: 17 Jun 2010

I don't love the push here. If I was UTG I would be raising AT+, KQ and 77-AA. Most of those I am calling your shove with and have u crushed. Maybe the math says something else but I think in the past I have overvalued AT.
New Post 28 Apr 2012 13:46 ILuvBeachVB is offline Search for Posts by ILuvBeachVB Add ILuvBeachVB to your Buddy List
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » | Add Thread to Favorites
Jump to:
PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Strategy and Hand Evaluations » Tournaments » Hand Evaluations up to $11 Tournaments » 3.50 45 man - ATs late on