FREE POKER TOOLS

Get free poker tools

Take your poker game to the next level with our free poker tools

Join now for free

POKER SUCCESS

Join the worlds largest poker community

Build on the experience of the world's largest poker school and community

Join now for free

PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Strategy and Hand Evaluations » Tournaments » Missed Opportunity
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Missed Opportunity
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
THeGaME23
Bronze

Registration Date: 12 Oct 2009

Missed Opportunity Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was in 34th out of 75 remaining in a 2.20 Rush Turbo Rebuy tournament with a 26K prize pool.

A guy raised 3x from UTG+2 and I flatted from the cutoff with AQs.
Flop is Q72 rainbow. He donks into me 2/3 pot and I pushed all in over top. Since it was a turbo the blinds were huge so if I raised it would have been like 2/3 of my remaining stack. And he had KK and I didnt draw out sad .

So I thought he might have KK or AA possibly QQ when he raised UTG. I really thought about folding but ended up flatting and getting pretty much the best board I could hope for with AQ.

So should have i folded pre?
New Post 24 Sep 2010 22:54 THeGaME23 is offline Search for Posts by THeGaME23 Add THeGaME23 to your Buddy List
oblitron
Bronze

Registration Date: 22 Jan 2010

RE: Missed Opportunity Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by THeGaME23
A guy raised 3x from UTG+2 and I flatted from the cutoff with AQs.
Flop is Q72 rainbow. He donks into me 2/3 pot

That wasn't a donk bet, it was a continuation bet.

So, if you thought he had AA, KK or QQ, why did you call pre-flop? And, more importantly, what hands did you put him on after he bet on the flop? It seems that both your call and your all-in where based more on impulse than on logic. If that was the case, I think you need to generally fight those impulses.

If a bigger stack than you raises from early position, there's no need to be a hero with AQs. And there's also no need to re-raise all in with TPTK; you'll only get called by better hands.
New Post 24 Sep 2010 23:21 oblitron is offline Search for Posts by oblitron Add oblitron to your Buddy List
TheSenseman
Gold

Registration Date: 14 Mar 2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If you call preflop you obv need to get it in with any hit on the flop. I don't know how many BBs you got left, that's an important information. If you call preflop, you can also just call the flop and then bring it in on the turn since there is nearly no scare card for you.
New Post 30 Sep 2010 11:48 TheSenseman is offline Search for Posts by TheSenseman Add TheSenseman to your Buddy List
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » | Add Thread to Favorites
Jump to:
Thread is closed
PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Strategy and Hand Evaluations » Tournaments » Missed Opportunity