Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Fitness
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
daun666
Bronze

Registration Date: 12 May 2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by IngridN
quote:
Originally posted by daun666
quote:
I was speaking to one of my girlfriend today, she goes

"eat brown rice with basil for 4 days and drink lots of water" and it will help cleanse your body and also to stop eating all the other oily, meaty stuff for a few days.

what you think?

imo it is wrong. Why should body take brake from needed nutrients(in this case if you eat only brown rice you are eating almost only carbs)?
You should eat proteins,carbs, fats every day as much as your body needs. You can take brake from junk and unhelthy food or better dont eat it at all.

I actually don't eat or drink junk. Never. Drink only water and occasionally eat dark chocolate or some chips when my boyfriend eats it. That's all. smile

That's good. Keep it that way smile

New Post 20 Jul 2011 12:28 daun666 is offline Search for Posts by daun666 Add daun666 to your Buddy List
dillward37
Bronze

Registration Date: 04 Jul 2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DrDunne
well there are many different opinions about the whole protein thing but the general idea is between 1g and 1.5g protein per lb body weight and if i were to do the 1.5g protein per lb i would be around 270g/day which i think is quite a lot and i'm happy with a nice number like 220g. but it all depends on body weight. and i would rather have a little extra than a little less. with that said the 220g is on a very good day but obviously its often not met due to late nights playing poker tongue out

Don't mean to burst your bubble or anything but its actually 1-1.5g per KG not LB so around 100 grams of protein would be the bottom end of your range. I don't even know how getting 220 grams of protein a day is possible! haha
New Post 20 Jul 2011 13:18 dillward37 is offline Search for Posts by dillward37 Add dillward37 to your Buddy List
BOBOsvk
Bronze

Registration Date: 14 Feb 2010

quote:

"eat brown rice with basil for 4 days and drink lots of water" and it will help cleanse your body and also to stop eating all the other oily, meaty stuff for a few days.

what you think?

none of these BS please

For the right function of the body you need all the components.

Proteins, carbohydrates, fat, vitamins, minerals, water n fibre

No rice, fruit or any of this kind diets ITT please fish mad
New Post 20 Jul 2011 13:58 BOBOsvk is offline Search for Posts by BOBOsvk Add BOBOsvk to your Buddy List
IngridN
Bronze

Registration Date: 02 Mar 2011

quote:
Originally posted by BOBOsvk
quote:

what you think?

none of these BS please

For the right function of the body you need all the components.

Proteins, carbohydrates, fat, vitamins, minerals, water n fibre

No rice, fruit or any of this kind diets ITT please fish mad

I'm strongly against it too smile plus I love food to death... I wanted to be a chef for a long time and in my own kitchen I'm still a chef wink so would never be able to do any of these diets, which is why I don't ever do any diets...

Eat whatever you want but in healthy proportions and go for walk abouts or put on ipod and run a bit. fish love
New Post 20 Jul 2011 14:03 IngridN is offline Search for Posts by IngridN Add IngridN to your Buddy List
thazar
Silver

Registration Date: 14 Sep 2009

quote:
I actually don't eat or drink junk.

^^ this true story bro!!

[07/07/2011 16:40:29] Ingrid Nagy: I'll go for the nutella+chips baguette soon

Road to black member: 19%
New Post 20 Jul 2011 14:21 thazar is offline Search for Posts by thazar Add thazar to your Buddy List
justkyle88
Bronze

Registration Date: 07 May 2008

I have always been a skinny person. Nothing sickly but just under average. And extremely active so that wouldn't help the cause of putting on weight either.

My metabolism is insanely quick. Also I've always had a very bad immune system so getting sick all the time was a big problem trying to function normally.
I would get sick, get better, run myself into the ground, get sick, get better... you get the story.

Then I decided I couldn't live like this. So, me and mate starting hitting the gym.
I eat 5-6meals a day. 2 of them consist of a protein shake. Each serve being 37g (protein) and 35g (carbs) so it's a weight gainer + muscle growth.
Also, these meals are high carbs/high protein and try not to eat bad foods. Also, snacking on nuts/fruits etc.

Gym is pretty intense. 3-4days a week and work on 1-2 muscle groups a session.
Our main goal is strength training so our reps (6-8 is the magic numbers) are very heavy with 3 sets on each muscle group.

To help with pumping us up and recovery we take a pre and post workout supplement.

And results have been awesome. 8kgs gained and ripped as hell lol
Maybe not that but confidence is sky high and things are starting to fill out.

New Post 20 Jul 2011 14:47 justkyle88 is offline Search for Posts by justkyle88 Add justkyle88 to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] « Previous Thread | Next Thread » | Add Thread to Favorites
Jump to:
Thread is closed
PokerStrategy.com Forum » Community Boards » Small Talk » Fitness