FREE POKER TOOLS

Get free poker tools

Take your poker game to the next level with our free poker tools

Join now for free

POKER SUCCESS

Join the worlds largest poker community

Build on the experience of the world's largest poker school and community

Join now for free

PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Forums » Your Poker Blogs » Kurrkabin,SnG MindSet-Sofian hypers
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (68): [1] 2 3 4 5 next » ... last »
Go to the bottom of this page Kurrkabin,SnG MindSet-Sofian hypers 12 Votes - Average Rating: 8.8312 Votes - Average Rating: 8.8312 Votes - Average Rating: 8.8312 Votes - Average Rating: 8.83
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
kurrkabin

Registration Date: 12 Oct 2010

Kurrkabin,SnG MindSet-Sofian hypers Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Club Hello everybody,after seeing so many interesting and impressive blogs,I decided to create one myself.
INTRO
Spade So let's just start with few words about me-my name is Ivan,I was born in late spring of 1987 in Bulgaria.I've been abroad several times,mostly in US for what we call "student exchange program".I was introduced to Pokerstrategy from a long-time friend of mine a little less than an year ago.As a person who literally played cards no longer than few hours his whole life-it was a big adventure.I didn't know what to beginn with but I was obsessed with the game.First I started by watching poker tv shows,I guess everybody have watched the movie "Rounders"etc.Actually this created a wrong impression of what poker is,but it was very inspiring.I remember myself playing endless hours a day,a mix of sng,cash games and some tournaments.

Heart After two months,2011 was knocking on the door and I was close to a break-even player so I decided to take a step and choose a format.Pokerstrategy was a big help-videos,articles,hand evaluation forum-all that in one place.That's when I started playing Sit N Goes for a living.I had a huge heater in January turning 10 bucks into almost a thousand playing 1,2 and later 3$ SnG's.I was so inspired and for the next 4-5 months things were going above my expectations.I had hard time moving up the limits though.Psychological factor.By the time I was crushing 5$s-7$s I had enough BR to move up to mid stakes,but I was tilting very badly every time I lose 10 or more buy-in on higher limits like 10$+.

Diamond So where am I now?For the last 2-3 months variance is not on my side,I was also playing on several platforms which distracted me and I wasn't able to bring my A game every time I sit on the comp.I worked a lot on my skills lately and still there are so many new things to get better at.
I hope this blog will help me develop as a poker player and as a person in general,I hope I'll meet new and interesting people as well so we can comment and share thoughts on this great sport.

Short-term Goals-1 month
Heart Grind about 40-50 SnG's a day(1200-1500 a month)-as for now-15$'s on Stars
Heart Play between 30-35 hours a week
Heart Post hands in the evaluation forum every day
Heart Sign up for a driver license
Heart Visit the gym 3-4 times a week,as usual
Heart Watch videos and visit trainings few times a week

Mid-term Goals-3-6 month
Heart Improve my postflop game to a new level
Heart Beat the 15$'s with a decent ROI-5%+ and take shots or move to mid stakes
Heart Start learning MTT's or other poker format

I don't want to get ahead of myself so that will do it for now.Once I hopefully achieve my Short-term and Mid-term goals I'll place some new ones.
P.S.I'll update My blog almost if not everyday with details about how my poker day went.Cheers.

This post has been edited 12 time(s), it was last edited by kurrkabin: 01 Mar 2012 04:03.

New Post 21 Sep 2011 01:59 kurrkabin is offline Search for Posts by kurrkabin Add kurrkabin to your Buddy List
ghaleon
Black

Registration Date: 17 Oct 2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Welcome to blog.

I would advice to move up in limits only after it really feels good. Moving up only because brm allow it might not be good idea. I think quite many players have these feelings especially when moving e.g. from 10$ to 20$ games. At least I had smile

Moving up from 20$ games has been much easier.

Anyway you have good looking goals so good luck for your sng journey!

New Post 21 Sep 2011 08:16 ghaleon is offline Search for Posts by ghaleon Add ghaleon to your Buddy List
variancekiller
Bronze

Registration Date: 20 Sep 2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Goodluck with your journey, will be following!

9 Mans Really? shark cool shark ugly
New Post 21 Sep 2011 09:18 variancekiller is offline Search for Posts by variancekiller Add variancekiller to your Buddy List
kurrkabin

Thread Starter Thread Started by kurrkabin

: ) Thank you guys for your opinions and support.Let's hope we'll keep in touch as the blog develops.Btw,VarianceKiller,I checked your blog along with your croatian fellows-very interesting one indeed.I'm also very curious about 180man on stars and plan to study them a bit better in the following months.
Anyway,for the last few weeks,maybe months too many things were going on in my head.Last night I couldn't get a proper night sleep,there was some kind of a thoughts rush in my head.So I woke up very early in the morning and started grinding.One thing is for sure,early morning fish:reg ratio is much higher,which is always a nice thing.I forgot to mention yesterday-I mostly play 9-10man STT,although I occasionally mix it with 18man and KO STT to table select easier and put some extra volume.For the last few hundred games I'm running under EV(although HEM doesn't calculate 18man adjusted EV correctly plus it doesn't count the bounties I collect in KO STT),so I'm not quite sure how much I can rely on that.So anyway,I'm gonna post my graph for today,my laptop's OS needs to be reinstalled but thats about to be done tomorrow.Night everyone!

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/231/unledexf.png/[/IMG][IMG][IMG]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/231/unledexf.png/[/IMG] [/IMG]

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by kurrkabin: 21 Sep 2011 22:53.

New Post 21 Sep 2011 22:52 kurrkabin is offline Search for Posts by kurrkabin Add kurrkabin to your Buddy List
kurrkabin

Damn,I tried to upload the pic but for some reason it's not working.Im just typing the link:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/231/unledexf.png/

New Post 21 Sep 2011 22:54 kurrkabin is offline Search for Posts by kurrkabin Add kurrkabin to your Buddy List
kurrkabin

Yo,yo,another day's gone,second update coming.Today wasn't much of a day anyway.Played like 40 something sngs,ran really,really bad and under ev,but thats normal from time to time anyway.Went to the movies with some friends from high school to watch "Colombiana",I didn't even know what movie I was going to tongue out It sucked,btw,but we had nice time afterwards,had couple of drinks.Ok,so I'm gonna do another effort to post my graph,hope this time it works better.2morrow I plan on doing some things beside poker,but I'll still try to stay on track and play 40 sngs at least.
[IMG]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/fdf320x240.jpg/[/IMG]
I've tried several times,but its not working on my comps,I'll post the link again tongue out
Graph

This post has been edited 10 time(s), it was last edited by kurrkabin: 23 Sep 2011 21:12.

New Post 22 Sep 2011 23:45 kurrkabin is offline Search for Posts by kurrkabin Add kurrkabin to your Buddy List
kurrkabin

12:41 a.m. here.Just got finished with posting the hands I was unsure about.After running really poorly the last 2 days I decided to reduce the number of tables I play at a time but keep the same volume.Took me 6 hours to finish 41 SnGs..lol shark biggrin I'm almost happy with the way I played.For like 30something sngs I was running a huge percentage under EV,got sucked out few times on the bubble,few times 3-handed as well.I think I have to work on my game ITM.My top 3 percentage numbers are equal for the last 800 games,which worries me a lil bit.Anyway,I loaded up some non-turbo 15$'s for my last set since at night time its really hard to table select the turbos.Surprisngly,I hit a nice streak and finished the day with 50 bucks more than the morning.Red and Green line finally met and so I called it off till 2morrow.I post the graph for today underneath.Cheers!

GRAPH

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by kurrkabin: 23 Sep 2011 22:53.

New Post 23 Sep 2011 22:51 kurrkabin is offline Search for Posts by kurrkabin Add kurrkabin to your Buddy List
Gerovit
Gold

Registration Date: 16 Jan 2011

Subscribed

New Post 23 Sep 2011 23:11 Gerovit is offline Search for Posts by Gerovit Add Gerovit to your Buddy List
TiciBoy
Bronze

Registration Date: 14 Jan 2010

Hey, I recently switched from CG to SNG. smile Needed little change. So I'll keep an eye on your blog also.

As for pictures, I had the same problem. All my pictures appeared broken. In my case solution was to just copy the "forum link" on Imageshack and paste it directly into post reply, without clicking the "insert image" button.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

New Post 23 Sep 2011 23:31 TiciBoy is offline Search for Posts by TiciBoy Add TiciBoy to your Buddy List
kurrkabin

Day 4. Today I started in Godlike mode.20 sngs 13BI profit,I didn't want to leave the tables.Until early afternoon they were very,very juicy-you can tell weekend was here.I had to take a break though and on my come back I scored 11 sngs-zero finishes ITM evil I played another set of about 10 sngs later and moved my way up.I was ready for some more action,but unfortunately felt asleep watching Stoke-Manchester during my last break.Damn!So here I am now.Time to post some hands in the evaluation forum,but first-today's graph.
Thanks to TiciBoy now I have a problem less to solve : ) Cheers,mate!I'll keep an eye on your blog too.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

New Post 24 Sep 2011 21:50 kurrkabin is offline Search for Posts by kurrkabin Add kurrkabin to your Buddy List
TiciBoy
Bronze

Registration Date: 14 Jan 2010

I'm glad it helped. GL wink

New Post 25 Sep 2011 15:02 TiciBoy is offline Search for Posts by TiciBoy Add TiciBoy to your Buddy List
variancekiller
Bronze

Hey,

So far pretty nice profit. As for the 180's and the 9 mans aswell if you got any questions just leave them at our blog. Will be easier to read them there, since I check it more often wink

+ if you drop by, leave a message aswell IMO shark cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by variancekiller: 25 Sep 2011 20:11.

New Post 25 Sep 2011 20:10 variancekiller is offline Search for Posts by variancekiller Add variancekiller to your Buddy List
kurrkabin

OooooK.Day number 5 summary coming up.

Something's wrong with my sleep at night.After 4-5 hours of moving from side to side in my bed I decided to make a coffee and start my home poker after darktongue out Lol,it's been a while since I last met New Zealand,Australia,Canada,China under the same roof and me being the only european at the table.Felt good though.I made a session of about 20 sngs,ate my breakfast and went to bed...Woke up at about 3-4 p.m.Lovely afternoon in here.After eating some tuna sandwiches(all I had left),I sat again to finish what's left,I wanted to play at least 50s today,so I rounded the number and wrapped it up.I think of start posting some interesting hands,maybe it's gonna kick off some extra action and improve my thinking process.Anyway.Graph time is here.

P.S.@VarianceKiller,maybe we can think of something like a sweat session via join.me some time next month.Don't feel obligated though.Gl to you and Tici.

New Post 25 Sep 2011 23:12 kurrkabin is offline Search for Posts by kurrkabin Add kurrkabin to your Buddy List
variancekiller
Bronze

maybe we can, just add me in community tool and we might be able to sort something out here!

New Post 26 Sep 2011 02:52 variancekiller is offline Search for Posts by variancekiller Add variancekiller to your Buddy List
kurrkabin

Goog evening,fellow sharks.So far I like updating my blog everyday.Or at least everyday that I play.It helps me staying focused.

Day 6 evaluation on it's way.I've managed to get some sleep at last,so I woke up pretty fresh and ready for some action.Started grinding at about 11 a.m. local time-but there was barely any traffic for the 15$s.No turbos,not even t. KO's which I lately play the most.I had to switch to 18man.These are getting some crazy traffic nowadays.Played like 20 of them,then I moved back to STT.I ran extremely good today.Way above expected.I'm still very concerned with my 3-handed and HU play.I don't think I'm getting the best out of it.Most of the time we are not in a push/fold mode right away,so I have a hard time adjusting to different type of opponents,3bet ranges/call ranges etc.I had few hours in between so I went out with some buddies for a night walk.Got back on time for the 5k G. on PokerHeaven but after two hours busted out in 1xx place.I have no success at those.
I'll post my graph for today underneath as usual and wish u all good night!Stay tuned for new updates.

One interesting hand for today.Maybe not even much of a hand.But it felt really funny what situation we the short stacks put ourselves in.I tried to analyze it later on SNG wiz,but it was not possible.I think it still a call.CO is a reg,BU-tight casual player,SB-loose casual.

Poker Stars No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t75.00/t150.00 Blinds - 4 players - View hand 1461339
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): t1215.00 8.10 BBs
CO: t955.00 6.37 BBs
BTN: t885.00 5.90 BBs
SB: t10445.00 69.63 BBs

Pre Flop: (t225) Hero is BB with Q Club A Heart
CO raises to t950, BTN calls t885 all in, SB raises to t1750, Hero calls t1065 all in, CO calls t5 all in

Flop: (t4270) 9 Heart A Diamond 4 Heart (4 players - 3 are all in)

Turn: (t4270) 2 Spade (4 players - 3 are all in)

River: (t4270) 7 Diamond (4 players - 3 are all in)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by kurrkabin: 27 Sep 2011 08:48.

New Post 26 Sep 2011 23:38 kurrkabin is offline Search for Posts by kurrkabin Add kurrkabin to your Buddy List
kurrkabin

Quick Update-Day number 7-Week Evaluation

Club Started this blog mainly to track my game,stay sharp,improve and meet other SNG grinders so we can share and learn from eachother.
Club After adding VarianceKiller to my buddy list,variance went on my side.Fact.
Club Posted Hands in the Forum every day.
Club This week(21.09-27.09) I played-307 SnGs, 43.8/day
Club Hours/week-39.6, 5,65 hours/daily average
Club Average Buy In-12$(Bounties not counted in the KO's)
Club Profit: 799$,without VIP bonuses
Club From now on,I'll be doing monthly evaluations-next one coming at the end of October.

Cheers everybody!

New Post 27 Sep 2011 18:49 kurrkabin is offline Search for Posts by kurrkabin Add kurrkabin to your Buddy List
kurrkabin

Quick Update for today:

Played like 50 SnG,started out great(probably just took whats left from the heater)but finished 20 bucks behind at the end of the day.Im not worried though,I think I played my A game for the most part,which is what counts.Adjusted EV line moved up so thats always a plus.I feel really tired though.6 hours of gaming is something I should get used to.Hopefully I will in the near future.I won't post a graph for today,I decided to put one at the end of each week or month.Some exceptons are accepted so if there is anything interesting,I'll share.Some funny hands from today's sessions:

Poker Stars No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t200.00/t400.00 Blinds - 4 players - View hand 1463922

SB: t4175.00 10.44 BBs
Hero (BB): t3700.00 9.25 BBs
CO: t2495.00 6.24 BBs
BTN: t3130.00 7.83 BBs

Pre Flop: (t600) Hero is BB with J Diamond 7 Club
2 folds, SB calls t200, Hero checks

Flop: (t800) J Club 4 Club 3 Club (2 players)
SB bets t400.00, Hero raises to t3275, SB calls t2875

Turn: (t7350) J Heart (2 players)

River: (t7350) T Heart (2 players)

Final Pot: t7350

Heart So,this one had a history.SB is really fishy{46/12/18(steal)/14.3(3bet),2.9 agg. f.}.He limped twice or trice and I shoved over him so I guessed next time I better pick up a hand before I do it again.Here with a top pair and a FD(very weak,but I like it mostly because it blocks some of his outs) I decided to ship it it direcly to get as much FE as possible.I was wrong though tongue out

Heart This one really hurt my feelings... shark o but I had to accept the facts!

Poker Stars No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t150.00/t300.00 Blinds - 4 players - View hand 1463914

Hero (CO): t2560.00 8.53 BBs
BTN: t4335.00 14.45 BBs
SB: t5195.00 17.32 BBs
BB: t1410.00 4.70 BBs

Pre Flop: (t450) Hero is CO with A Spade T Diamond
Hero raises to t2535, 2 folds, BB calls t1110 all in

Flop: (t2970) 5 Heart 6 Heart 2 Heart (2 players - 1 is all in)

Turn: (t2970) K Spade (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t2970) 9 Spade (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: t2970

BB is 14/13/31/5.0-1,2k hands-a winning reg.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by kurrkabin: 28 Sep 2011 20:22.

New Post 28 Sep 2011 20:18 kurrkabin is offline Search for Posts by kurrkabin Add kurrkabin to your Buddy List
kurrkabin

Yoo.New day-new time for an update.

So today morning traffic was not as great as I expected,so for the most part I played 18man 15$s.Very reg invested nowadays.I like them a lot.In the afternoon I continued with the turbo 9man.Total played games-55.I'm still on a very nice streak and made a lil less than a couple of hundred.I hope when the downswing comes,it wont be breath-taking one rolleyes grin .I'll post some interesting hands underneath.

Poker Stars No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t10.00/t20.00 Blinds - 9 players - View hand 1464987

BTN: t1500.00 75 BBs
SB: t1500.00 75 BBs
Hero (BB): t1500.00 75 BBs
UTG: t1500.00 75 BBs
UTG+1: t1500.00 75 BBs
UTG+2: t1500.00 75 BBs
MP1: t1500.00 75 BBs
MP2: t1500.00 75 BBs
CO: t1500.00 75 BBs

Pre Flop: (t30) Hero is BB with K Diamond A Heart
3 folds, MP1 calls t20, 2 folds, BTN calls t20, 1 fold, Hero raises to t120, MP1 calls t100, 1 fold

Flop: (t270) 2 Club J Club A Club (2 players)
Hero bets t150.00, MP1 calls t150

Turn: (t570) 6 Diamond (2 players)
Hero bets t300.00, MP1 calls t300

River: (t1170) 3 Heart (2 players)
Hero checks, MP1 bets t930.00, Hero calls t930

Final Pot: t3030

Ok.So here I am facing 58/11/0/16.7(3bet)-1,3 agg.f-19 hands,1 tabler oppo.I'm pretty sure he is a big time casual.I think I should have made a slightly bigger bet on the flop and the turn.On the river I check to get value from missed Fdraws and he is betting any ace anyway.While if I put in on the river,he might even fold Ax type of hands...Nice hand,sir!

Poker Stars No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t100.00/t200.00 Blinds - 2 players - View hand 1465003

Hero (BB): t7700.00 38.50 BBs
BTN/SB: t5800.00 29 BBs

Pre Flop: (t300) Hero is BB with 9 Spade K Club
BTN/SB raises to t600, Hero calls t400

Flop: (t1200) A Heart Q Heart 9 Club (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN/SB checks

Turn: (t1200) 5 Heart (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN/SB bets t400.00, Hero calls t400

River: (t2000) Q Diamond (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN/SB bets t1800.00, Hero calls t1800

[
[/b]

Villian is 45/31/43(steal from SB-54%),4.8(3bet),4.3 agg.f -88

This one has a history.I was 3betting him all in a few times before on his BU steals.And still-he keeps on stealing,so here I decide to flat vs his wide opening range and get him postflop if possible.I think my hand is doing well against his range.He will bet any Ace on the flop to protect and get value.Same thing with a FD and maybe Qx.On the turn I check again,letting him trying to bluff me off the hand(at this moment I put him on a bluff or semibluff with a hearts draw,Qx at the most).On the river he makes it big,which makes no sense what so ever in my eyes.Qx is less likely in his range now that it paired.Ax is out of the question with his agg.f.And why would he bet so much with a Flush anyway?I opted for a call.I think it's a nice hand overall.

New Post 29 Sep 2011 22:47 kurrkabin is offline Search for Posts by kurrkabin Add kurrkabin to your Buddy List
Gerovit
Gold

Registration Date: 16 Jan 2011

Nice call with a K9 Sir!

New Post 29 Sep 2011 23:03 Gerovit is offline Search for Posts by Gerovit Add Gerovit to your Buddy List
kurrkabin

quote:
Originally posted by Gerovit
Nice call with a K9 Sir!

Thanks,my serbian friend! I remember now 3 years ago when I was in Alaska I met 3 very funny guys from Serbia.We used to listen to this song a lot. shark biggrin I like it!Greetings.

New Post 29 Sep 2011 23:33 kurrkabin is offline Search for Posts by kurrkabin Add kurrkabin to your Buddy List
Pages (68): [1] 2 3 4 5 next » ... last » « Previous Thread | Next Thread » | Add Thread to Favorites
Jump to:
PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Forums » Your Poker Blogs » Kurrkabin,SnG MindSet-Sofian hypers