FREE POKER TOOLS

Get free poker tools

Take your poker game to the next level with our free poker tools

Join now for free

POKER SUCCESS

Join the worlds largest poker community

Build on the experience of the world's largest poker school and community

Join now for free

PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Forums » General Poker Discussion » Rakeback Vs No rake
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
Go to the bottom of this page Rakeback Vs No rake
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Reanimater
Bronze

Registration Date: 12 Nov 2008

Rakeback Vs No rake Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

A friend of mine thinks that having rake on the sites is good because of rakeback/bonuses etc. He says this helps breakeven players get something at the end of the month.

I tried to explain to that guy that with no rake you would have 60-70 percent more compared to the 30 percent rake, as no rake means more money in the pots you win.

So which is better? Rakeback or no rake?
New Post 15 Jan 2012 20:21 Reanimater is offline Search for Posts by Reanimater Add Reanimater to your Buddy List
Castle93
Bronze

Registration Date: 06 Jun 2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

no rake for sure, rakeback is like 30%, no rake = 100% rakeback, its that simple, with no rakeback breakeven players would be winning players, simple

New Post 15 Jan 2012 20:26 Castle93 is offline Search for Posts by Castle93 Add Castle93 to your Buddy List
MarkasKR
Bronze

Registration Date: 15 Mar 2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

No rake would mean, no money for the site. So the site would not have money to invite the fish. (advertising).
New Post 15 Jan 2012 20:29 MarkasKR is offline Search for Posts by MarkasKR Add MarkasKR to your Buddy List
Reanimater
Bronze

Registration Date: 12 Nov 2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by Reanimater

thats a good point but zynga does not charge anything and has tons of players?
New Post 15 Jan 2012 20:32 Reanimater is offline Search for Posts by Reanimater Add Reanimater to your Buddy List
Xeonz123
Bronze

Registration Date: 22 Aug 2011

No rake would be the most profitable however the poker site wouldnt survive without it!
New Post 15 Jan 2012 20:32 Xeonz123 is offline Search for Posts by Xeonz123 Add Xeonz123 to your Buddy List
Gerv
Bronze

Registration Date: 07 May 2008

quote:
Originally posted by Reanimater
thats a good point but zynga does not charge anything and has tons of players?

They don't offer real money games so have different regulations than a site like PokerStars

The way Zynga makes money is:
  • From the sale of so-called virtual goods, which are used as currency within Zynga's online games and are items that help the player in the game,
  • and
    From advertising, both in and around its games.

Source: http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011...ynga-banner-ads

Pokersites main income is ofcourse the rake and 888 recently started to brand their tables with other brands (heineken etc.)

- Gerv

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gerv: 15 Jan 2012 20:44.

New Post 15 Jan 2012 20:43 Gerv is offline Search for Posts by Gerv Add Gerv to your Buddy List
lynius
Bronze

Registration Date: 15 Jan 2011

Surely if you pay a dollars rake and then go busto the next hand you still keep 27 cents you'd otherwise have lost.
New Post 16 Jan 2012 01:32 lynius is offline Search for Posts by lynius Add lynius to your Buddy List
Jan217
Gold

Registration Date: 02 Jan 2009

quote:
Originally posted by lynius
Surely if you pay a dollars rake and then go busto the next hand you still keep 27 cents you'd otherwise have lost.

yes, if you lose EVERY hand then rakeback is better...
New Post 16 Jan 2012 01:53 Jan217 is offline Search for Posts by Jan217 Add Jan217 to your Buddy List
fuzzyfish
Gold

Registration Date: 12 Jan 2010

Surely this is a spoof thread. No?

New Post 16 Jan 2012 09:23 fuzzyfish is offline Search for Posts by fuzzyfish Add fuzzyfish to your Buddy List
CallumN
Bronze

Registration Date: 04 Jan 2012

on most stakes if you break even you are actually beating the game for around 6bb/100.

The rake is pretty killer
New Post 16 Jan 2012 09:48 CallumN is offline Search for Posts by CallumN Add CallumN to your Buddy List
Heave112
Bronze

Registration Date: 27 Mar 2009

your friend is completely clueless, I payed like $900 last month rake @ 888 poker and only got something like $81 back cuz of my fail rakeback, didn't deposit money there so only had 9% rakeback. My total profit for the month is 550$, so I mean if there was no rake my total profit would be $1550 which is pretty god damn sick, so I make $550, and pay $1000 RAKE. So tell me how fair is that, 888 poker sit there while I play 5 hours a day, and they MAKE more MONEY than me for just sitting there ROFL. I wish there was no rake, I'd be grinding like a BAWS
New Post 16 Jan 2012 10:04 Heave112 is offline Search for Posts by Heave112 Add Heave112 to your Buddy List
lynius
Bronze

Registration Date: 15 Jan 2011

quote:
Originally posted by CallumN
on most stakes if you break even you are actually beating the game for around 6bb/100.

The rake is pretty killer

That's cheered me up after I've been a b/e player for too long. Looking forward to getting my grind and study on however smile
New Post 27 Jan 2012 01:23 lynius is offline Search for Posts by lynius Add lynius to your Buddy List
vmarqui
Bronze

Registration Date: 25 Jan 2010

people have no idea of how they are being raped by rake. breakeven microstakes players would win@5bb/100 (or something) if there was no rake. people who win at 2bb/100 are actually winning at 7bb/100, but 80% of their profit goes to the poker room.
New Post 29 Jan 2012 18:40 vmarqui is offline Search for Posts by vmarqui Add vmarqui to your Buddy List
Tarhonya
Bronze

Registration Date: 18 Jul 2010

There is some (or at least one) poker site which is not taking any rake on the tables, but if you withdraw some money, they'll take 10% (or something like that) of that money every single time you withdraw money.

Before it opened I had good hopes for this site, but their population is literrally 0.

I think this proves that the vast majority of the players have absolutely no idea about how much they pay in rake. And anyone who prefers to receive their weekly/monthly/etc flat rakeback over not paying rake at all is.. well, a recreational player at best and nowhere near to be a winning player because that requires common sense.

Sorry to be harsh, but that's the truth considering how ridiculously high the rake is.

New Post 29 Jan 2012 19:25 Tarhonya is offline Search for Posts by Tarhonya Add Tarhonya to your Buddy List
vmarqui
Bronze

Registration Date: 25 Jan 2010

quote:
Originally posted by Tarhonya
There is some (or at least one) poker site which is not taking any rake on the tables, but if you withdraw some money, they'll take 10% (or something like that) of that money every single time you withdraw money.

Before it opened I had good hopes for this site, but their population is literrally 0.

I think this proves that the vast majority of the players have absolutely no idea about how much they pay in rake. And anyone who prefers to receive their weekly/monthly/etc flat rakeback over not paying rake at all is.. well, a recreational player at best and nowhere near to be a winning player because that requires common sense.

Sorry to be harsh, but that's the truth considering how ridiculously high the rake is.

yup
people is getting raped by rake. they don't realize that they are paying thousands a month (probably more than what they earn in a their job) to use a service.

unfortunately, things aren't likjely to change unless regs really get together and protest. and that's unlikely

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by vmarqui: 29 Jan 2012 22:27.

New Post 29 Jan 2012 22:26 vmarqui is offline Search for Posts by vmarqui Add vmarqui to your Buddy List
supeyrio
Gold

Registration Date: 11 Nov 2009

quote:
Originally posted by Tarhonya

exactly why the recreational players dont wanna play there. fishes dont mind giving $3 as tips if they win $200 pot, but cringe at the idea of having to pay 10% of wtv amounts they luckbox since they phyiscally see a lump sum of $ going out. same reason y ppl choose to pay installments knowing they end up paying way more

Living it up in Thailand blog

New Post 29 Jan 2012 22:57 supeyrio is offline Search for Posts by supeyrio Add supeyrio to your Buddy List
Tarhonya
Bronze

Registration Date: 18 Jul 2010

quote:
Originally posted by supeyrio
exactly why the recreational players dont wanna play there. fishes dont mind giving $3 as tips if they win $200 pot, but cringe at the idea of having to pay 10% of wtv amounts they luckbox since they phyiscally see a lump sum of $ going out. same reason y ppl choose to pay installments knowing they end up paying way more

Well yes, obviously, I just thought at least some people would play there since they could gain money from even only slightly weaker opponents where they couldn't before due to the rake.

Maybe it's just poorly advertised, I don't know.

Funny thing is that nowadays we (non-recreational players) don't care about the rake difference between sites as long as we can play against fishes...... so we can overcome the rake.

New Post 30 Jan 2012 00:22 Tarhonya is offline Search for Posts by Tarhonya Add Tarhonya to your Buddy List
harry121
Basic

Registration Date: 01 Feb 2012

RE: Rakeback Vs No rake Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

.com helps you save money and earn more by getting cash back on online poker table rake and tournament fees.
PayNoRake is that they are giving away 100% rakeback to their most loyal players.
New Post 02 Feb 2012 07:36 harry121 is offline Search for Posts by harry121 Add harry121 to your Buddy List
slipkn6t
Bronze

Registration Date: 27 Jun 2011

quote:
Originally posted by vmarqui
people have no idea of how they are being raped by rake. breakeven microstakes players would win@5bb/100 (or something) if there was no rake. people who win at 2bb/100 are actually winning at 7bb/100, but 80% of their profit goes to the poker room.
I'm currently at nl2 and my rakerate is 4-5bb/100. I always thought this bullshit ends somewhere near nl50 and the rakerate is around 1bb/100 there?

New Post 03 Feb 2012 06:45 slipkn6t is offline Search for Posts by slipkn6t Add slipkn6t to your Buddy List
slipkn6t
Bronze

Registration Date: 27 Jun 2011

RE: Rakeback Vs No rake Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by harry121
....com helps you save money and earn more by getting cash back on online poker table rake and tournament fees.
PayNoRake is that they are giving away 100% rakeback to their most loyal players.
we are not allowed to advertise affiliate sites other that pokerstrategy.com here.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by slipkn6t: 03 Feb 2012 06:47.

New Post 03 Feb 2012 06:47 slipkn6t is offline Search for Posts by slipkn6t Add slipkn6t to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread » | Add Thread to Favorites
Jump to:
PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Forums » General Poker Discussion » Rakeback Vs No rake