FREE POKER TOOLS

Get free poker tools

Take your poker game to the next level with our free poker tools

Join now for free

POKER SUCCESS

Join the worlds largest poker community

Build on the experience of the world's largest poker school and community

Join now for free

PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Forums » General Poker Discussion » Soon, I will stop play online poker
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
Go to the bottom of this page Soon, I will stop play online poker
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jeszkar
Bronze

Registration Date: 16 Oct 2011

Soon, I will stop play online poker Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Why? Reason is very simple: because I will broke soon. I play always with the proper bankrollmanagment, but look like BRM can't protect me. I will run out from the money.

But at least I find out the TAG strategy worth almost nothing. When I sit down a tabble. I only see people with lots money who have relativly high VP and relativly low PR and AF. This made me think maybe this TAG strategy is not very good on mincros. TAG startegy build that you can win with medium made hand. Yes sometime can, but because almost always there is a player who play any playable hands, most of time the medium made hands worth not much. (anyway I sure the LAG work even less on micro).

So now I think I will use my last couple of dollar for a MTT, it's the same money blowing away as the cash game but at least at MTT there is bigger price. The only thing which annoy me the month what I spend to learn to become an online player. Now I think it was a waste of time.

So that is my end of online poker career I think. There's not much can do anymore.
New Post 30 Jan 2012 21:40 jeszkar is offline Search for Posts by jeszkar Add jeszkar to your Buddy List
NightFrostaSS
Bronze

Registration Date: 25 Oct 2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Congratulations!
New Post 30 Jan 2012 21:46 NightFrostaSS is offline Search for Posts by NightFrostaSS Add NightFrostaSS to your Buddy List
fuzzyfish
Bronze

Registration Date: 12 Jan 2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes, I think it's best for you. Plenty of other fun things to do.

New Post 30 Jan 2012 22:09 fuzzyfish is offline Search for Posts by fuzzyfish Add fuzzyfish to your Buddy List
JohnDoe1313
Gold

Registration Date: 04 Jan 2011

Well, if you have fun playing and studying poker, it's not a waste of time.

But whatever you choose to do in life, you should keep in mind, that everything needs time to master. A month of studying is not much. Poker is hard as hell (at least for me) and being a begginner is never easy. And how else do you want to beat people who don't like to fold? By playing trash against them? Hell no. Pick up a good hand and bet aggressively for value.

I wish you good luck. Too bad you gave up too soon.
New Post 30 Jan 2012 22:43 JohnDoe1313 is offline Search for Posts by JohnDoe1313 Add JohnDoe1313 to your Buddy List
jeszkar
Bronze

Thread Starter Thread Started by jeszkar

quote:
Originally posted by JohnDoe1313
Well, if you have fun playing and studying poker, it's not a waste of time.

I still like to play poker, but this online thing is anything but poker.

everything needs time to master.

Yeah, I know, I learning motion picture. It's hard but I enjoy every minute of it (but sometime it really give me hard time.) But at least I see the hard work make me better.

A month of studying is not much.

Say for yourself. If months not enough, then impossible to learn. I won't speend years for only to lost money. How is this worth anything?

Too bad you gave up too soon.

I didn't give up, my bankroll will soon.
New Post 30 Jan 2012 22:57 jeszkar is offline Search for Posts by jeszkar Add jeszkar to your Buddy List
fuzzyfish
Bronze

Registration Date: 12 Jan 2010

You can still play freerolls. Thats what i did after I blew my 50$ deposit. Just don't start depositing your own money regularly. (why am I telling you this... guess I'm not 100% evil after all )

New Post 30 Jan 2012 23:09 fuzzyfish is offline Search for Posts by fuzzyfish Add fuzzyfish to your Buddy List
jeszkar
Bronze

quote:
Originally posted by fuzzyfish
You can still play freerolls. Thats what i did after I blew my 50$ deposit. Just don't start depositing your own money regularly. (why am I telling you this... guess I'm not 100% evil after all )

I only played freerolls a for a while, but I then I stopped because it's not really worth it. 50$ prize pot, 5000-8000 players. Even if I would finish at the first place I still only win max. 10$. And to win a freeroll need extreme amount of luck.
New Post 30 Jan 2012 23:15 jeszkar is offline Search for Posts by jeszkar Add jeszkar to your Buddy List
JohnDoe1313
Gold

Registration Date: 04 Jan 2011

I thought you said the month = one month. Well, if you beat live poker and still keep saying online is anything but poker, let me know. Peace
New Post 30 Jan 2012 23:27 JohnDoe1313 is offline Search for Posts by JohnDoe1313 Add JohnDoe1313 to your Buddy List
martinstids
Bronze

Registration Date: 02 Jan 2010

As microstakes player i can tell u that there is main thinks to beat these stakes. And if u can use it and learn u will be good at poker. Remember that micro players dont think deep, they just watch at their combinations and are too agressive. Also main leak is to make big pots in dangerous situations like 2 pairs or smt , but if u can make big folds and make big pots (also great value bets) on winning combinations u will beat that limit like a shit. Just learn best line for ur limit and u dont need to spend months to learn it. Easy as it is.
New Post 30 Jan 2012 23:33 martinstids is offline Search for Posts by martinstids Add martinstids to your Buddy List
Riesutas
Bronze

Registration Date: 19 May 2009

I don't know anyone, who hadn't lost the starting capital at first, myself included. You might get offered a second capital from pokerstrategy, other than that, you can play freerolls. Believe me, you can still find some juicy freerolls at some sites. Win a couple of bucks, play some sng's, or short stack cash, most of the time you will go busto, but the one time you catch a heater and go on an upswing, might give you a sufficient bankroll to start again, and this time with some more experience.

If you do decide to quit: f u and give the time I spent writing this back grin
New Post 30 Jan 2012 23:56 Riesutas is offline Search for Posts by Riesutas Add Riesutas to your Buddy List
TakeManies
Bronze

Registration Date: 05 Apr 2011

I think you should just pack it in now, all that's ahead is endless runs under ev with people telling you about variance non stop and the long term plan. Don't waste your life and do something postive delighted

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by TakeManies: 31 Jan 2012 00:11.

New Post 31 Jan 2012 00:11 TakeManies is offline Search for Posts by TakeManies Add TakeManies to your Buddy List
jeszkar
Bronze

martinstids: I did everything. I played solid TAG strategy but it didn't work. Yeah they overvalue their hands, yeah they too agressive (or too passive), but because there are many weak players in a game, if I haven't a nuts, or near nuts hand I can be easily dominated against their wide ranges. I will never beat this not a chance. I played since oct. but it's a rollercoaster (sometime I get lucky most of time, I don't)

Riesutas: I dosn't even use my first offer (and I won't). Like I said on freeroll there are barely a prize, and have to beat 5000-6000 players to get it. To play SNG I would need at least 125$ (on party 1$ smg is turbo). And like I said I can maybe get a lucky upwing, but only good to reach 40$ then I'll fall back and I will stuck at NL2 cash game forever.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jeszkar: 31 Jan 2012 09:31.

New Post 31 Jan 2012 09:29 jeszkar is offline Search for Posts by jeszkar Add jeszkar to your Buddy List
NightFrostaSS
Bronze

Registration Date: 25 Oct 2008

SOLID TAG works on all stakes, if you played TAG preflop style and lost money it only means you played shitty TAG. And how the hell can you be easily dominated by their wide range? If your range is tighter than theirs it dominates their range easily and not the other way around. ofc once in a while they will get a better hand too, but then if you don't suck at reading players/hands you'll be able to get away very frequently.

Tbh almost all regulars who play LAG instead of TAG are the ones who are break even/slightly losing regs while TAG's and nits gets the profit.
New Post 31 Jan 2012 12:34 NightFrostaSS is offline Search for Posts by NightFrostaSS Add NightFrostaSS to your Buddy List
jeszkar
Bronze

quote:
Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
And how the hell can you be easily dominated by their wide range?

Because I can only win if I have something or I can make them fold. The second is barely an option on micro, no matter if you tight, lot of player don't like to fold (except when I can only play with every 100th hand because I don't get any playable hand but this is rare). So I need to hit something. And because they are play with more hand, they can hit more. It's a stupid way to play, but looks like it pay out. As I said I see a lot of guy sitting with big stack and moderately big VP.
New Post 31 Jan 2012 18:20 jeszkar is offline Search for Posts by jeszkar Add jeszkar to your Buddy List
inlovewithamsterdam
Bronze

Registration Date: 08 Jul 2009

jeszkar I'm sorry but there's no other way to say it - you're wrong. You probably have tilt issues and limited understanding of poker and the way it works.

Read the Poker Mindset and support it with video&article content (or some other poker books) and it's bound to improve. But if you are not willing to change your attitude it definitely makes no sense for you to continue - go and do something that makes you happy rather than miserable.

MY BLOG: Matt Grinding... NLSH Cash?; have a look at my stats
New Post 31 Jan 2012 18:36 inlovewithamsterdam is offline Search for Posts by inlovewithamsterdam Add inlovewithamsterdam to your Buddy List
jeszkar
Bronze

This is not tilt. Tilt when you angry and beacuse of it you make bad decision at the table. I'm not at a table, I'm not playing. But I'm here almost with no money. And I know if I do same as I do before I will lost all of them.
New Post 31 Jan 2012 19:13 jeszkar is offline Search for Posts by jeszkar Add jeszkar to your Buddy List
inlovewithamsterdam
Bronze

Registration Date: 08 Jul 2009

that's what I'm talking about - you don't have full understanding of basic things like tilt. What you have given is not a full definition of the phenomenon.

You have to understand we all went through that stage of thinking "hey this doesn't work". But it is only a result of numerous gaps in knowledge that is characteristic of beginners. Poker is a cruel game and when you don't have experience it may be difficult to understand.

What you're doing now is saying "hey solid TAG poker doesn't work and LAG is the way forward because they always seem to have big stacks at the table". This statement is flawed because you should know that poker is a long-term game and stack size at any given moment is not an indicator of effectiveness of any strategy. Hence, you should not give a shit about their stack sizes.
What you should be looking at is long term profitability. I wonder what you would find if you took all those LAGs' (that you see at the tables) results over 60-100k hands and compared them to those of a solid TAG.

It's not only what you're saying that's wrong, but also who you're saying it to. You're making "I know everything"-type statements to a community consisting of successful poker players that have a lot more experience and expertise than you.

So my take on it is this: either leave it all or change your attitude to poker.

In case you do make a decision to educate yourself and change your outlook on this game I wish you the best of luck.

Matt

MY BLOG: Matt Grinding... NLSH Cash?; have a look at my stats
New Post 31 Jan 2012 20:37 inlovewithamsterdam is offline Search for Posts by inlovewithamsterdam Add inlovewithamsterdam to your Buddy List
jeszkar
Bronze

First: The basic definiton is the tilt what I said. A bad mental state which made you make bad decision. Not really need more description.

Second: Did you read what I said? I said the LAG is probably work even less than the TAG. There is no reason to play LAG on micro where the bluffes barely works. I only speaked about high moderate high VP and low PR.

Third: I did everything what been said I should do. I read every articles (which I can obtain) about BSS and yes at short run I won, but at long run I only lost.
And when I read that some people double or triple they bankroll under a couple of days I must think what wrong with the picture. And I can find only two answer
1. They play differently.
2. Bad fate (or luck, or karma, or call it anything)

No matter which is the real answer, I won't win.
New Post 31 Jan 2012 20:57 jeszkar is offline Search for Posts by jeszkar Add jeszkar to your Buddy List
TheGuyFromCIA
Bronze

Registration Date: 02 Sep 2011

If you want to achieve something in poker, you'd better stop making excuses and start working on your game. Beating micro limits is not a such an easy task as it may seem and it still requires a lot of work towards improving your game.

You should really read "The Poker Mindset by Matthew Hilger and Ian Taylor", because as I can see you have a terrible mindset and this may be a thing that makes you a loosing player. And you should also work on your playing strategy too, because TAG approach to the game, if you do it right, is always, or in most cases, profitable and if it's not for you, you are probably doing something wrong.

Man, profit and success won't come by itself. You have to work for it!
New Post 01 Feb 2012 09:48 TheGuyFromCIA is offline Search for Posts by TheGuyFromCIA Add TheGuyFromCIA to your Buddy List
jeszkar
Bronze

Is Anybody really read what I said? I past the last 4 months with learning and improve my skill. And durring this period not only I'm not win like else (like I said some people double or triple they bankroll under a couple of days), but now I'm near broking.
New Post 01 Feb 2012 10:19 jeszkar is offline Search for Posts by jeszkar Add jeszkar to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread » | Add Thread to Favorites
Jump to:
PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Forums » General Poker Discussion » Soon, I will stop play online poker