FREE POKER TOOLS

Get free poker tools

Take your poker game to the next level with our free poker tools

Join now for free

POKER SUCCESS

Join the worlds largest poker community

Build on the experience of the world's largest poker school and community

Join now for free

PokerStrategy.com Forum » PokerStrategy.com Forums » Beginners' Questions » I need everyones advice.
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Go to the bottom of this page I need everyones advice.
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
philiveyfan
Bronze

Registration Date: 09 Oct 2009

I need everyones advice. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If I'm depositing 800 dollars. I want to stick to playing only fifty fifty. I recently bought 2 huge monitors from mac. What do you think is the best limit to play. I got a brm of about 5000. I am only depositing 800. Any advice I should play 7, 15 or 30 or 60?
New Post 06 Feb 2012 09:08 philiveyfan is offline Search for Posts by philiveyfan Add philiveyfan to your Buddy List
TheMoment
Bronze

Registration Date: 16 Dec 2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

it's not only about what limit you can play with your bankroll, it's about your skill too. Just play the limit you think you can beat, when you are sure you can beat it, move up, and don't stop improving.

New Post 06 Feb 2012 09:48 TheMoment is offline Search for Posts by TheMoment Add TheMoment to your Buddy List
philiveyfan
Bronze

Thread Starter Thread Started by philiveyfan
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by TheMoment
it's not only about what limit you can play with your bankroll, it's about your skill too. Just play the limit you think you can beat, when you are sure you can beat it, move up, and don't stop improving.

Good answer thanks, I think I will stick to 7, to 15. I used to play 5 dollar 10 dollar cash game and i didn't even have the bank roll for it. Hey do you know any websites you can find that tells you how much profit you made in 1 day
New Post 06 Feb 2012 09:50 philiveyfan is offline Search for Posts by philiveyfan Add philiveyfan to your Buddy List
konkey
Bronze

Registration Date: 29 Dec 2009

You need everyone's advice. So imo wait until everyone responds and then deposit.
New Post 06 Feb 2012 09:59 konkey is offline Search for Posts by konkey Add konkey to your Buddy List
philiveyfan
Bronze

Thread Starter Thread Started by philiveyfan

quote:
Originally posted by konkey
You need everyone's advice. So imo wait until everyone responds and then deposit.

I'm depositing tomorrow morning not now, I hate to play poker after a long night with the girlfriend
New Post 06 Feb 2012 10:07 philiveyfan is offline Search for Posts by philiveyfan Add philiveyfan to your Buddy List
1z2x3y
Bronze

Registration Date: 15 Jan 2010

cool Profit / stats Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

@ philiveyfan

{QUOTE}
Hey do you know any websites you can find that tells you how much profit you made in 1 day

This one, http://www.officialpokerrankings.com/

OR

http://www.poker-edge.com/poker-player-stats/

Enjoy.

I wish you all the best of skill & luck on the virtual felt.

sHuFfLe UP & deal.
New Post 06 Feb 2012 10:20 1z2x3y is offline Search for Posts by 1z2x3y Add 1z2x3y to your Buddy List
NightFrostaSS
Gold

Registration Date: 25 Oct 2008

quote:
Originally posted by philiveyfan
quote:
Originally posted by konkey

I'm depositing tomorrow morning not now, I hate to play poker after a long night with the girlfriend

you should try eating healthier and exercise more. trust me bro, I used to be exhausted after a long night with my two super hot nymphomaniac girlfriends as well, but now that I eat healthy I can have threesomes all night long and grind like crazy all day long!
New Post 06 Feb 2012 10:22 NightFrostaSS is offline Search for Posts by NightFrostaSS Add NightFrostaSS to your Buddy List
purplefizz
Bronze

Registration Date: 12 Mar 2008

hey guys,

just moved the thread to beginners section. smile

poker tracking programs also tell you how much you have made like Holdem Manager.

regards.

Take a look at our Freerolls - Exclusive for our members!

Questions? Visit our FAQ Guide for new Members!

Serious about Poker & Want to increase your winnings?

New Post 06 Feb 2012 10:24 purplefizz is offline Search for Posts by purplefizz Add purplefizz to your Buddy List
slipkn6t
Bronze

Registration Date: 27 Jun 2011

Be honest with yourself when you ask yourself "Do I beat this limit?".
Let's look at an example from nl50:
You know why a fish 70vpip/5pfr plays nl50? Because he thinks he can win some $$ => he thinks he has some edge on nl50 Facepalm
So do other players from nl50. That means every nl50 player thinks he has the edge over other players. WTF? We know that only ~top10% of players on each limit make profit. That means ~90% of nl50 players are lying to themselves.
And now when you say "ok, I'm beating this limit" the chances are 90% that you are lying to yourself too grin
Think about it and reavaluate your answer to "Do I beat this limit?".

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by slipkn6t: 06 Feb 2012 11:36.

New Post 06 Feb 2012 11:25 slipkn6t is offline Search for Posts by slipkn6t Add slipkn6t to your Buddy List
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » | Add Thread to Favorites
Jump to:
PokerStrategy.com Forum » PokerStrategy.com Forums » Beginners' Questions » I need everyones advice.