Taking notes during session

• gadget51
      gadget51
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I'd have to agree with mPowers here,

If you aren't used to taking notes, try writing a short description of the whole hand and how it went, from preflop to river. Yes you will find it awkward at the start because it takes a while to do it, but youwill soon get the idea and start learning to use some sort of shorthand version, as described in previous posts.

I would suggest you try this out when you aren't in hands as well, to encourage you to pay attention to what is going on - unlike me who surfs facebook or whatever!
      It will also enable you to practice taking notes without having to do it under the pressure of playing a hand. I did this for evry reg I came across before moving up limits.

Notes are like reads and as such are more important than stats imo.

Best regards and have fun with those note takings,

Mal.
      Bronze
      Thank you, people for providing me such excellent ideas!

Right now I have developed a new way on how to deal with this problem – during a session I will basically try to make as many notes as possible in the fastest and most natural way for me (no codes or anything for that matter). After playing I will make a session review before playing the next session and only then will I refine the notes taken in a more compact form, as well as take the notes that I have accidentally missed. During the refining process I expect to gradually increase my note-taking ability in terms of the time necessary for me to take a note until I perhaps reach a level where taking notes in the refined way is the natural way for me.

Sounds very sane and logical!
    • mPowers
      mPowers
      Basic
      Most of us will win some and lose some. It's ok to take notes after every session so that you can track and analyze your game. coz poker is a game of information, you have to take notes of your opponents while you play.