FREE POKER TOOLS

Get free poker tools

Take your poker game to the next level with our free poker tools

Join now for free

POKER SUCCESS

Join the worlds largest poker community

Build on the experience of the world's largest poker school and community

Join now for free

PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Forums » General Poker Discussion » Taking notes during session
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]
Go to the bottom of this page Taking notes during session
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
gadget51
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 23 Jun 2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'd have to agree with mPowers here,

If you aren't used to taking notes, try writing a short description of the whole hand and how it went, from preflop to river. Yes you will find it awkward at the start because it takes a while to do it, but youwill soon get the idea and start learning to use some sort of shorthand version, as described in previous posts.

I would suggest you try this out when you aren't in hands as well, to encourage you to pay attention to what is going on - unlike me who surfs facebook or whatever!
It will also enable you to practice taking notes without having to do it under the pressure of playing a hand. I did this for evry reg I came across before moving up limits.

Notes are like reads and as such are more important than stats imo.

Best regards and have fun with those note takings,

Mal.

My blog: I'm a Microstakes Player, Get Me Outta Here!
New Post 08 Feb 2012 13:16 gadget51 is offline Search for Posts by gadget51 Add gadget51 to your Buddy List
Bronze

Registration Date: 18 Dec 2009

Thread Starter Thread Started by Avatars91
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thank you, people for providing me such excellent ideas!

Right now I have developed a new way on how to deal with this problem – during a session I will basically try to make as many notes as possible in the fastest and most natural way for me (no codes or anything for that matter). After playing I will make a session review before playing the next session and only then will I refine the notes taken in a more compact form, as well as take the notes that I have accidentally missed. During the refining process I expect to gradually increase my note-taking ability in terms of the time necessary for me to take a note until I perhaps reach a level where taking notes in the refined way is the natural way for me.

Sounds very sane and logical!

New Post 08 Feb 2012 13:34 Avatars91 is offline Search for Posts by Avatars91 Add Avatars91 to your Buddy List
mPowers
Basic

Registration Date: 03 Feb 2012

Most of us will win some and lose some. It's ok to take notes after every session so that you can track and analyze your game. coz poker is a game of information, you have to take notes of your opponents while you play.
New Post 13 Feb 2012 07:06 mPowers is offline Search for Posts by mPowers Add mPowers to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] « Previous Thread | Next Thread » | Add Thread to Favorites
Jump to:
PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Forums » General Poker Discussion » Taking notes during session