Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Fitness
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bstefanog
Bronze

Registration Date: 04 Aug 2009

cool Fitness Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey,
are there people who like to go to the gym? We can share experience and info!

Your fitness program?
Diet?
Results?

And we can share useful links:

http://www.teamfitt.blogspot.com (I think Im not violating any rules, because the website is not a competition?)

This is a very useful blog that is being created right now. A lot of useful info is going to be published!I advice you te keep track of it!
Cheers!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bstefanog: 23 Mar 2011 21:19.

New Post 23 Mar 2011 21:06 bstefanog is offline Search for Posts by bstefanog Add bstefanog to your Buddy List
breena
Gold

Registration Date: 14 Sep 2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah man I just weight train and eat as much meat/protein as poss. Am naturally skinny so I train to put on weight 1 muscle group a day heavey weights am in and out the gym in hour but getting results shark biggrin
New Post 23 Mar 2011 21:40 breena is offline Search for Posts by breena Add breena to your Buddy List
DrDunne
Bronze

Registration Date: 29 Dec 2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yea i have started to take weight training seriously this summer. every time i've tried in the past shit always got in the way... very frustrating. i'm naturally skinny too but since the proper diet and supplements i've been making steady progress (unlike my jittery bankroll grin ). its such a slow process but im happy with the gains so far nd look forward to the future fish cool

trying to stuff down 3500kcal + 220g protein/day but it is a bit of a push. on 7 meals total.

cos i used to be on maybe 2000kcal a day at a push when i wasnt in the gym i've put on a little chub but nothing im not happy with. once i make a bit more muscle gain i plan on running an 8min mile every other day and doing some beastly body weight routine my mate showed me. obviously change diet too.

the blog looks good btw i added it to favourites. should be a good read shark thumbsup

New Post 16 Jul 2011 19:48 DrDunne is offline Search for Posts by DrDunne Add DrDunne to your Buddy List
extpan
Bronze

Registration Date: 17 Nov 2007

nice smile keep posting new stuff in blog....

-Im starting next week my fitness(loose weight,gain muscle)/grinding session grin

*HUsng,6max on Stars... sweet welcome
*internet marketing, traffic exchange, link exchange, crosspromotion....welcome
New Post 16 Jul 2011 19:59 extpan is offline Search for Posts by extpan Add extpan to your Buddy List
andiperusko
Bronze

Registration Date: 04 Nov 2010

Hi. Why 220g protein in a day? I think it is too much .
New Post 16 Jul 2011 20:10 andiperusko is offline Search for Posts by andiperusko Add andiperusko to your Buddy List
DrDunne
Bronze

Registration Date: 29 Dec 2010

well there are many different opinions about the whole protein thing but the general idea is between 1g and 1.5g protein per lb body weight and if i were to do the 1.5g protein per lb i would be around 270g/day which i think is quite a lot and i'm happy with a nice number like 220g. but it all depends on body weight. and i would rather have a little extra than a little less. with that said the 220g is on a very good day but obviously its often not met due to late nights playing poker tongue out

New Post 16 Jul 2011 21:31 DrDunne is offline Search for Posts by DrDunne Add DrDunne to your Buddy List
IngridN
Bronze

Registration Date: 02 Mar 2011

anybody could help me calculate my Basal metabolic rate(BMR)?

I Heart this thread and I Heart the blog^^ as well!
New Post 20 Jul 2011 09:48 IngridN is offline Search for Posts by IngridN Add IngridN to your Buddy List
extpan
Bronze

Registration Date: 17 Nov 2007

quote:
Originally posted by IngridN

Bm:

1: your weight x 20 = xxxx kcal

2:
+20-40% of Bm-a(not very active person)
+40-60% of Bm-a(moderate activity)
+60-80% of Bm-a (very active person)

=1+2=XXXXkcal

*HUsng,6max on Stars... sweet welcome
*internet marketing, traffic exchange, link exchange, crosspromotion....welcome
New Post 20 Jul 2011 10:22 extpan is offline Search for Posts by extpan Add extpan to your Buddy List
NightFrostaSS
Gold

Registration Date: 25 Oct 2008

Bleh, I don't like all the kcal calculating/eating fixed amount of meals a day and stuff so I just do "Eat Stop Eat" Lost 18kg in ~5 months or so and got stronger at same time while eating pretty much whatever I want. With that said it's natural for me not to consume high amount of carbs/sugar.
New Post 20 Jul 2011 10:42 NightFrostaSS is offline Search for Posts by NightFrostaSS Add NightFrostaSS to your Buddy List
BOBOsvk
Bronze

Registration Date: 14 Feb 2010

quote:

BMR(women) = 655,0955 + (9,5634 × weight in kg) + (1,8496 × height in cm) - (4,6756 × age)

BMR(men) = 66,473 + (13,7516 × weight in kg) + (5,0033 × height in cm) - (6,755 × age)
New Post 20 Jul 2011 10:46 BOBOsvk is offline Search for Posts by BOBOsvk Add BOBOsvk to your Buddy List
IngridN
Bronze

quote:
Originally posted by BOBOsvk
quote:

BMR(women) = 655,0955 + (9,5634 × weight in kg) + (1,8496 × height in cm) - (4,6756 × age)

so...

BMR(women) = 655,0955 + (9,5634 × 48) + (1,8496 × 158) - (4,6756 × 26)= 1040,6627 is mine

That's really really little actually sad
New Post 20 Jul 2011 10:52 IngridN is offline Search for Posts by IngridN Add IngridN to your Buddy List
daun666
Bronze

Registration Date: 12 May 2010

Hey,
http://www.simplyshredded.com/layne-nort...tting-diet.html
A lot info about cutting.
I am cutting from january 2011 and month ago had -12Kg, now taking a brake grin

New Post 20 Jul 2011 10:58 daun666 is offline Search for Posts by daun666 Add daun666 to your Buddy List
daun666
Bronze

quote:

BMR(women) = 655,0955 + (9,5634 × 48) + (1,8496 × 158) - (4,6756 × 26)= 1040,6627 is mine

There is something wrong, it could not be so few cal

New Post 20 Jul 2011 11:00 daun666 is offline Search for Posts by daun666 Add daun666 to your Buddy List
IngridN
Bronze

quote:
Originally posted by daun666
quote:

There is something wrong, it could not be so few cal

yeah sad

my details are

weight: 48
height: 158

unless I calculated something wrong.. it should be correct

BMR(women) = 655,0955 + (9,5634 × 48 (459,0432)) + (1,8496 × 158 (48,0896)) - (4,6756 × 26 (121,5656))= 1040,6627
New Post 20 Jul 2011 11:03 IngridN is offline Search for Posts by IngridN Add IngridN to your Buddy List
BOBOsvk
Bronze

it's ok and it's not cal but kcal
New Post 20 Jul 2011 11:20 BOBOsvk is offline Search for Posts by BOBOsvk Add BOBOsvk to your Buddy List
daun666
Bronze

Read some info in wikipedia and it yes it is ok.
This is energy needed only for the functioning of the vital organs.
So it doesnt show how much you actually need kcal pre day grin

New Post 20 Jul 2011 11:35 daun666 is offline Search for Posts by daun666 Add daun666 to your Buddy List
BOBOsvk
Bronze

she asked for basal metabolic rate so i gave that answer

ofc you need to count in what you it, when you eat it (yes digesting needs energy too) + when you sit behind the pc you burn ~60kcal (something like that) more per hour than what's your basal/hr
New Post 20 Jul 2011 11:37 BOBOsvk is offline Search for Posts by BOBOsvk Add BOBOsvk to your Buddy List
IngridN
Bronze

Guys,

I'm very active in general (not the last 5 months since work is my priority right now) but other then that, I've worked out everyday at least 1 hour at the gym and about 2 hours walk/hiking with my dog.

Right now, this is not possible ^^ for many reasons so I was just wondering what is the ideal amount intake/digest not to go above my average weight.

Also, I think it's easy to mix up your food and some day you just eat fruits (because not so hungry or busy at work) and other days you want to eat everything salty and sugary. I didn't even mention emotions yet which is a huge part of a female life wink and can influence your weight big time.

anyway.. TL.DR^^

I was speaking to one of my girlfriend today, she goes

"eat brown rice with basil for 4 days and drink lots of water" and it will help cleanse your body and also to stop eating all the other oily, meaty stuff for a few days.

what you think?
New Post 20 Jul 2011 11:44 IngridN is offline Search for Posts by IngridN Add IngridN to your Buddy List
daun666
Bronze

quote:

"eat brown rice with basil for 4 days and drink lots of water" and it will help cleanse your body and also to stop eating all the other oily, meaty stuff for a few days.

what you think?

imo it is wrong. Why should body take brake from needed nutrients(in this case if you eat only brown rice you are eating almost only carbs)?
You should eat proteins,carbs, fats every day as much as your body needs. You can take brake from junk and unhelthy food or better dont eat it at all.

New Post 20 Jul 2011 12:21 daun666 is offline Search for Posts by daun666 Add daun666 to your Buddy List
IngridN
Bronze

quote:
Originally posted by daun666
quote:

what you think?

imo it is wrong. Why should body take brake from needed nutrients(in this case if you eat only brown rice you are eating almost only carbs)?
You should eat proteins,carbs, fats every day as much as your body needs. You can take brake from junk and unhelthy food or better dont eat it at all.

I actually don't eat or drink junk. Never. Drink only water and occasionally eat dark chocolate or some chips when my boyfriend eats it. That's all. smile
New Post 20 Jul 2011 12:23 IngridN is offline Search for Posts by IngridN Add IngridN to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread » | Add Thread to Favorites
Jump to:
Thread is closed
PokerStrategy.com Forum » Community Boards » Small Talk » Fitness