A Blog to Somewhere: March Results

• datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      It was Wednesday on a typically cold winter morning. We were just outside of town in an ordinary city, and those close to her were bedside in the hospital we've all been to. My mother had gone into labor the night before. This was the day I was born, but not without complication.

As the story goes I refused to take that first breath... apparently I didn't get the memo. More than a couple minutes passed. I would turn blue and purple before reluctantly accepting my own little place among the rest of us. In my own way I would later sympathize with Bruce McCandless, an Astronaut who shared a similar fate that same day: we were free, helplessly so.

Across the world it had been business as usual. Bombs exploding, planes crashing, political opposition leaders being put down like ruthless dogs. Apple just announced the MAC, Regan had released GPS, Mullis discovered PCR, and like never before Marshal McLuhan's age of the servomechanism was upon us.

Things were happening.

==============------==========-----==============-
      Moar...
      ::: datsadrunkenguru
      ::: Degen For A Day Challenge
      ::: A Few Things To Consider When Using Pokerstove
      ::: Hi (aka the PokerStrategy Ninja lifts veil thread).

• 357 replies
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      Cashout approved, processed, ship the cheeseburgers. I paid my internet bill this morning, but I haven't been out to the local watering hole in a few weeks. Cheap drinks and pool. Mixed company.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Bronze
      what the hell is going on
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      what the hell is going on
      epic blog ^_^
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      6 drinks and a few games of pool... I feel dirty. People treat me like an auxiliary, just a departure from their normal life. Its obvious really.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      haha, what a way to start :D

interesting writing style too. like one of those old school detective shows where the hero narrates the scene
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Bronze
      [x] blog has muchos potential.

following with interest..... :s_thumbsup:
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      From the darkest place I can find I am looking for a faint glow from half way across the universe. A neutron star had exploded 7.5 billion light years away. It's the farthest anyone has ever peered.

I'm living in Ottawa with a girlfriend. Final Exam's are next week, and I haven't been studying; Linear Algebra and Practical Philosophy as electives, Statistics and a couple Psychology courses for my degree.

A good friend invites me to a party that night, but I don't go. He moves to Hong Kong next month on a work term, and then Toronto some time later. I never see him again.

I'm suffering with depression, and I've not been sleeping well. Privately I've been meeting a Psychiatrist for several months but am unresponsive to treatment. It's April 1st, 2008.
    • letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Gold
      this blog is so epic. front page feature?
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      I am playing soccer with strangers at the back of an old church in Canmore, Alberta. Its September 19th, 2003. Our project leader sprains her ankle just two days into a 9 month job and leaves for the hospital. We do not know if she will be replaced.

We arrived in Alberta two days ago along with two other groups to stay and volunteer in various cities. I've never seen the mountains before today. They're farther away than they look and seem like large paintings.

I am wearing a new jacket. It's hot outside, but I don't like the shirt I wore so I leave it on. The temperature drops and it snows for 10 minutes before warming up again. That night we sleep on the floor.

Earlier that month NASA begins Hubble Ultra Deep Field, staring into the darkest part of the sky - no bigger than the fingernail on your thumb at arms length. In the tradition of Edwin Powell himself, we discover Galaxies beyond our own.
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global

Meeting my coach in a few hours for our first session in just over a month. I think I'll play a short session and prepare a few questions.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Like listening to David Bowie's "1.Outside" in blog form. 0.o
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Bronze
      my fav blog
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      Another awesome coaching session. I sort of realize how much I enjoy poker when I can have the chance to talk about it with someone that experienced. Really fun stuff.
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      July 25th, 1998. I am 14 years old and my left arm is broken. Friends have signed my cast. I fell from a tree playing a game. The doctor calls it a green-stick fracture.

At 7am my older brother forced me out of the house. My mom is at work and I have no where to go. I walk around town for more than an hour.

I am smoking du Maurier King Size cigarettes at $3.45 a pack. My friends parents buy them. A month from now his step dad beats their new pitbull. The dog has torn his jacket. I tell him to stop and he does. I stand beside the dog and pet her. She is bleeding and scared. I am scared too.

At home I call the humane society. For this act I will lose my friend. They respond, but do nothing. I am later told he killed the dog and burred it in a quarry.

Gasoline is 64 cents a liter.
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      Its November 30th, 2004 and George Bush is visiting Ottawa. We're standing by a fire like tourists. After the protest we drink Champagne on a roof downtown. I'd never had it before.

Her name is Samantha and she is a student too. That night we talk in bed. In the morning it snows for the first time that season. Large flakes like pulled cotton drift all over. She gazes into the morning light. Her lips kissed red with blue eyes, I take a picture. She smiles so I take another.
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Bronze
      I have no idea what is going on, but i love it! Nice story sir :s_thumbsup:
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      Well after logging zero hands in April I set a 5k hand goal for the month... but after 7 days of play I've pretty much covered it.

As a way of making sure I keep pounding out sessions I'm going to shoot for another 10k hands.
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      White shoes, white lab coat, white face mask. We are looking at a white mouse on a digital scale in a white room. Dozens of identical CD1 mice scurry in plastic cages behind me. It is difficult to weigh them while they move.

One subject is excluded. It stands and then spins repeatedly in a corner. We do not know if a neurological problem exists. "It's probably just bored" but we can't say for sure. I am wondering about children who also spin.

As I eat lunch co-workers gossip over the news: three metric tons of ammonium nitrate seized, more than a dozen arrests. A plot to attack targets throughout Ontario is unraveling. All the news outlet cite the Oklahoma City bombing. The term jihad generation is tossed around.

It is Sunday, July 4th 2006.