Long term online poker success with winning strategies – register for free!

The best strategies With the correct strategy, poker becomes an easy game. Our authors show you how to succeed, one step at a time.

The smartest thinkers Learn from and with internationally successful poker pros, in our live coaching sessions and in the forum.

Free poker money PokerStrategy.com is free of charge. Additionally there is free poker money waiting for you.

You are already a PokerStrategy.com member? Log in here!

Join PokerStrategy.com for free

FREE POKER MONEY

Play poker for free

$50 free poker money for every new member to play poker without a deposit

Join now for free

FREE TRAINING

Learn to play poker

Learn to win with top coaches, free videos and strategy articles

Join now for free

FREE POKER TOOLS

Get free poker tools

Take your poker game to the next level with our free poker tools

Join now for free

POKER SUCCESS

Join the worlds largest poker community

Build on the experience of the world's largest poker school and community

Join now for free

PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Forums » Your Poker Blogs » Kurrkabin,SnG MindSet-Sofian hypers
Last Post | First Unread Post Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (68): « previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 next » ... last »
Go to the bottom of this page Kurrkabin,SnG MindSet-Sofian hypers 12 Votes - Average Rating: 8.8312 Votes - Average Rating: 8.8312 Votes - Average Rating: 8.8312 Votes - Average Rating: 8.83
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
MilanBurdych
Bronze
Bronze

Registration Date: 20 May 2008

I ll add this: The limper makes it more juicer coz it is like 4x. But if it was an open raise from btn, am always 3betting.
New Post 08 Oct 2011 11:20 Search for Posts by MilanBurdych Add MilanBurdych to your Buddy List
kurrkabin

Registration Date: 12 Oct 2010

Thread Starter Thread Started by $starter

Wohoo.Definitely nice to see 2 regs,same limit,different approaches.I have no stats on him,nor on the fish.I have no idea how he will re-act to my 3bet,is he going broke with Tens or Jacks,AK vs unknown,what is his iso-range from the BU?If he was raising from an early possition,I was folding AQs there all the time.Now that he raises the BU,I see a quality hand to play and if it happens for him to have a hand he is going broke with,I create a bad image by raise/folding.I want to have a tight image,so he respects my 3bets and I can exploit him later in the game in the steal-re-steal dynamic.And btw,I disagree that it's easy to play AQs OOP vs the fish,the pot is huge,we are there with a drawing hand,fish is floating a lot of flops with any pair or even just two overs and can eaisly bluff us off the hand if we miss entirely,which is gonna happen more often.On the other hand,I know that the reg will very rarely bet a missed a flop vs 2 opponents(I expected the fish to come along),he is never going to bet 3 streets with a hand like AT or A9 even if he spikes an ace.He is just gonna make a standart cbet and check behind on the turn with an air.So we know where we stand in the hand.I'm also not afraid of the flush draw there.He should not have many if any drawing hands within his range(I expect him to be a bit tighter with the fish involved ).If the flop came Ace rag rag,I was going broke with my AQ there,same with a board like 7QJ or Q95 and many other combos.If the boards comes something like AKx or AJx and maybe ATx,KQx,then I'll play cautiosly because I know he is never going to bet 3 streets with worse.On the other hand,it might be more plus ev to 3bet here if we know that we have the best hand and they are folding a ton of hands in their range.Any other way,we'll find ourselves playing OOP in a big pot with a hand that doesn't play well in a 3betted pot.Please,note,that this is my way of thinking and I don't reject yours at all.If you are unhappy with playing the hand postflop,then maybe 3bet/folding is the better play.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by kurrkabin: 08.10.2011 12:22.

New Post 08 Oct 2011 12:03 Search for Posts by kurrkabin Add kurrkabin to your Buddy List
MilanBurdych
Bronze
Bronze

Definitely it is great. Am not rejecting anything, forums and stuff are all about consuming everyones else thinking wink Not judging, nothing, taking just the best for me of it wink I also add that after many years of playing poker am confident of postflop plays, it isnt the motivation for 3bet here for me. It might for someone.
Coz there are obviously many ways to play this preflop and we cant decide what s the best grin , I ll make another question - why did you call the second barell and folded to a meaningless 5 on the river? Isnt it better to make the decision on the turn?
New Post 08 Oct 2011 12:21 Search for Posts by MilanBurdych Add MilanBurdych to your Buddy List
kurrkabin

You are right,it looks ugly when I fold on that blank.As I said when I posted the hand I wanted to fold the turn,but there was still some possibility that he will bet 2 consecutive times with a worse Ace to protect if he puts me on a draw.Btw,Im not happy with his bet sizings,I'll bet slightly more on the turn and make my shove on the river look better,but anyway,it screams"I have the nuts" when he is putting half pot there basically hoping that AX will call him down.
New Post 08 Oct 2011 12:30 Search for Posts by kurrkabin Add kurrkabin to your Buddy List
MilanBurdych
Bronze
Bronze

His sizing is definitely weird smile Also there are two possible flush draws on the turn, there is a reason for him to make the bet bigger then half pot...he must have like NUTS grin
New Post 08 Oct 2011 12:54 Search for Posts by MilanBurdych Add MilanBurdych to your Buddy List
kurrkabin

Saturday update.Another day slipped away and it was definitely a big one.Besides the fact that I don't sleep for more than 4-5 hours a day on average,the other things are going on plan so far.Today I started grinding from 5.a.m to about 9.a.m. to get the most juiciest hours available.I said in some of the previous posts that I had a proper number of suckouts and was running few percents under EV,today was a pay-back day and for 50 SnG's I made close to 450 bucks,which is by all means a very decent result.It's too early to let my guard down though.I need a decent sample of games to get a better idea what's my spot in the 15's.Now I have to focus on improving postflop,ITM money and HU play,Steal-Resteal Dynamic.I think my play was not affected by the upswing,which a possitive thing to consider.I try to do the same when I fight downswings as well.Volume is crucial,so for the last 10 days I've tried to play a bit over 50 games/day on average.They were not many interesting hands today,but I'll still post one hand from today's session where I was shocked by my opponent's hand.

Poker Stars No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t10.00/t20.00 Blinds - 9 players - View hand 1473319
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG+1): t1770.00 88.50 BBs
UTG+2: t1235.00 61.75 BBs
MP1: t1430.00 71.50 BBs
MP2: t1580.00 79 BBs
CO: t1470.00 73.50 BBs
BTN: t1470.00 73.50 BBs
SB: t1240.00 62 BBs
BB: t1530.00 76.50 BBs
UTG: t1775.00 88.75 BBs

Pre Flop: (t30) Hero is UTG+1 with T Heart T Spade
UTG calls t20, Hero raises to t100, 6 folds, BB calls t80, 1 fold

Flop: (t230) 8 Spade 3 Heart 8 Heart (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets t170.00, BB calls t170

Turn: (t570) K Heart (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: (t570) K Diamond (2 players)
BB bets t289.00, Hero calls t289

Final Pot: t1148

Villian is 32/12/0/0-2.0 agg.f-32 hands.Pretty much loose casual.Sure he'll show full boat or Flush occasionally,but there are some random bluffs in his range as well.Getting 3:1 means I have to be good 1/4 of the time and I definitely think thats's gonna be +EV call in a long term.Cheers!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by kurrkabin: 08.10.2011 18:50.

New Post 08 Oct 2011 18:48 Search for Posts by kurrkabin Add kurrkabin to your Buddy List
akrammon
Coach
Coach

Registration Date: 17 May 2009

quote:
Originally posted by kurrkabin
I don't sleep for more than 4-5 hours a day on average

Hey man!
You have to change that, or it will get back at you. You are doing hard mental work, your brain needs to rest and be fresh every day. Not to mention it's healthy to sleep 7-8 hours a day. This is for your own good smile

Gratz on your rungood, it always feels great to crush hard smile
New Post 08 Oct 2011 19:13 Search for Posts by akrammon Add akrammon to your Buddy List
TiciBoy
Bronze
Bronze

Registration Date: 13 Jan 2010

quote:
Originally posted by akrammon
quote:

Hey man!
You have to change that, or it will get back at you. You are doing hard mental work, your brain needs to rest and be fresh every day. Not to mention it's healthy to sleep 7-8 hours a day. This is for your own good smile

Agree on sleeping. It'll bite you back in the ass if you don't give your body and brain enough rest. wink
Hope your rungood lasts.
New Post 08 Oct 2011 19:46 Search for Posts by TiciBoy Add TiciBoy to your Buddy List
kurrkabin

quote:
Originally posted by TiciBoy
quote:
Originally posted by akrammon
quote:

Hey man!

Agree on sleeping. It'll bite you back in the ass if you don't give your body and brain enough rest. wink
Hope your rungood lasts.

Rofl!Haha!You guys are very nice.Thanks for the support and I have to admit it-you're absolutely right.I rejected going out tonight simply because I was too tired.Poker shouldn't affect my social life though.The gym had a renovation for the last few days and now that they are done fixing it,I'll go again on my usual schedule-3-4 times/week.That refreshes me a lot and helps for the night sleep.Btw,Tici,now u reminded me about the hands you posted in your thread.See you there.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by kurrkabin: 08.10.2011 20:40.

New Post 08 Oct 2011 20:02 Search for Posts by kurrkabin Add kurrkabin to your Buddy List
kurrkabin

Well,boys and girls,what I can say is-omg,omfg!I've had good days before- running extremely well,but this one was hot,it was fire!Upswings are the better part of the game for sure,but I know that nobody yet has avoided downswings,so as much as I am satisfied right now,I am a bit worried as well.Mixed feelings.I can't complain though,that would be just as stupid as it can possible get.So I'll cherish the moment and when tomorrow comes,it will all start again.Sure,I'll have a possition to start with,but a long way to go.

Quick summary of the day.
Grinded a lil bit from 3a.m. to 5a.m mixing 15's and 30's.Went to bed and slept until 2.p.m. or something.I felt like I was 100 years old when I woke up-headache,empty stomach,some sort of a soar throat,the weather outside was horrible-in other words-minus EV for sure.
I made another session playing mostly 15's,my game was good for the most part,but not great,made couple of stupid mistakes at the end,which pissed me off,so I took 1 hour break.When I got back,I decided to put some volume of the 30's as well.It worked out well.I'll post the graph for today,as I promised to do so if anything interesting happens.

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/9953/unledxt.png

I'll post some hands from today's sessions later as well.Cheers!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by kurrkabin: 09.10.2011 19:48.

New Post 09 Oct 2011 19:44 Search for Posts by kurrkabin Add kurrkabin to your Buddy List
kurrkabin

It took me a while to review all the marked hands.Many of them today,but the majority were steal/re-steal/call situaions.Anyway,there were some problematic and maybe interesting spots,so I'll post them underneath.Any opinion is welcome!

Poker Stars No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t100.00/t200.00 Blinds - 6 players - View hand 1474411

UTG: t1950.00 9.75 BBs
Hero (MP): t4315.00 21.57 BBs
CO: t1780.00 8.90 BBs
BTN: t1555.00 7.78 BBs
SB: t1745.00 8.72 BBs
BB: t2155.00 10.78 BBs

Pre Flop: (t300) Hero is MP with Q Spade Q Club
1 fold, Hero raises to t434, 3 folds, BB calls t234

Flop: (t968) 6 Diamond 7 Club 9 Spade (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (t968) 3 Diamond (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets t500.00, BB calls t500

River: (t1968) 2 Spade (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Final Pot: t1968

This hand is from one of the 30's that I played today.I am unknown to the BB,however,I checked his stats before the game and he was 2-3% winner,22$ average stake for over 10k games,filtered for 6-9 players.When he called me,I automatically assumed he is doing this with KK+.As I said in the beginning,I was unknown to him,so it makes even more sense to pull this trick against me.Standart line here will be to get all the money in by the turn.But then again-in my mind-he knows he shouldn't be doing this with anything else rather than KK+.Anyway,I thought that maybe I am overleveling myself,maybe giving him too much credit,so I decide to go for a bet/call on the turn.But then again-he just floats tongue out shark o I was so confused and tanked my whole time on the river.When I look at the hand right now,this is some very good news.I definitely think that a mass tabling small Mid-Stake winner should be aware that his play pre is only push/fold.Not in this case,which again is a possitive thing to consider.

Poker Stars No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t100.00/t200.00 Blinds - 5 players - View hand 1474375

SB: t2460.00 12.30 BBs
Hero (BB): t950.00 4.75 BBs
UTG: t4735.00 23.68 BBs
CO: t2540.00 12.70 BBs
BTN: t2815.00 14.07 BBs

Pre Flop: (t300) Hero is BB with K Heart 3 Heart
UTG calls t200, 2 folds, SB calls t100, Hero checks

Flop: (t600) 6 Club 9 Heart 9 Club (3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks

Turn: (t600) 8 Heart (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets t750.00, UTG calls t750, SB folds

River: (t2100) A Club (2 players)

Final Pot: t2100

I posted this hand in the Evaluation Forum,I would like to hear your suggestions though.Both villains are very loose bad player,so I knew that I have no FE preflop.Looking at the hand now,I'm still not sure if pushing pre was not the better option.It probably was.Anyway,flop is very standart.On the turn,after it's been checked all the day-plus ones on the turn,I think I might have the best hand here,even if called I have 1 over,FD outs and I might also get called by worse draws,which means in some cases K high will be the best hand.Any suggestions will be appreciated.Take care!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by kurrkabin: 09.10.2011 22:05.

New Post 09 Oct 2011 22:00 Search for Posts by kurrkabin Add kurrkabin to your Buddy List
Gerovit
Silver
Silver

Registration Date: 16 Jan 2011

So you took all my difference between red and green shark evil

[IMG]http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/4696/81654329.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
New Post 09 Oct 2011 22:34 Search for Posts by Gerovit Add Gerovit to your Buddy List
kurrkabin

shark o Sorry to see this,but it's too bad I can't post the graph playing on Ipoker few months ago,because I formatted my laptop.It looked kinda similar,I was running about 500$ under EV for the first 400-450 games and then it catched up.So be patient and make a toast after they meet again tongue out Wish you a better luck.
New Post 09 Oct 2011 22:47 Search for Posts by kurrkabin Add kurrkabin to your Buddy List
kurrkabin

Ok,so another day has passed by and there has been a lot of thinking lately about my goals and the way I wanna go.July and especially august were both somewhat disappointing months in my life for several different reasons.I wanna focus mainly on poker,so I'll skip the rest for another time.As September came,I was already very dedicated on beating the 15's and move to mid-stakes by the end of the year.I saw this goal as reasonable and achievable with some hard work behind it.For the last 20 days I had an extremely hot run,which made me overthink and re-evaluate the situation I found myself in.The last thing I want to happen is to overestimate both my mental and game abilities and get into a stupid spot.The thing is that I can only guess unless I jump in.I have a bit over 1,5 games on the 15's on stars and about 1,2-1,5k more on Ipoker and FTP on the 11's.Not a huge sample for sure,as I need about 5k to narrow the variance to a level where I can see my close-to-a-true ROI on this limit.
I throw in some 30's for the last few days mainly to get an idea if there is a big difference between the 2 levels.One thing is for sure-traffic is worse,reg:fish ratio is a bit higher,winning regs play a bit of a better game(in fact,some of them are truly great players imo),the game is tighter for sure,much tighter.Fish tends to be less spewy.The limit is beatable imo,the big question is whether that could be me beating it.I'll try,hopefully it will work out well for me.For now I'm thinking of mixing 15's and 30's to get a better feeling and find my comfortable zone.Maybe I should consider getting some coaching lessons as well.That will do it for the day as I feel really tired already.The good thing is that I went out with a nice company for a couple of drinks which took me away from poker and now my mind is refreshed.I'll call it day and see you tomorrow.
New Post 10 Oct 2011 22:30 Search for Posts by kurrkabin Add kurrkabin to your Buddy List
akrammon
Coach
Coach

Registration Date: 17 May 2009

Heeeey!

Yaaaay good luck at the $30s smile smile Go crush em smile

You have to be careful tho, as you have said there are times when there are truly great regs on the limit (when there is small traffic on the $100 and up some grinders fill up with $30s as well), so be extra extra extra careful to table select, otherwise you should be fine smile

Good luck, hope your run lasts as long as possible and you wont even feel an occasional down wink
New Post 11 Oct 2011 07:11 Search for Posts by akrammon Add akrammon to your Buddy List
kurrkabin

In Bulgaria we have a phrase,that says-"from your mouth to God's ears",I think it's the same in english.So let's hope you are correct there,my friend : )
To be honest, as long as there are 3-4 true fishes on the tables,the limit should be beatable for a decent enough player.And I certanly met some very bad players already.That's 100% a good thing to notice.I also played on a few tables with a guy with 330k winnings out of 60k sng's or something shark biggrin

Today was not a big day.Nothing interesting.Cold,shitty and so on.Wanted to stress on reading and studying different ICM situations,so I didn't play much-just like 40 SnG's.Yo,man, Bulgarian football national team sucks big time.It's a shame to watch these guys,damn it.I can't even get nervous on them anymore.I'll post few hands underneath and jump in the SNG training.Cuy ya!

Poker Stars No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t100.00/t200.00 Blinds - 6 players - View hand 1477038

CO: t2655.00 13.28 BBs
Hero (BTN): t2160.00 10.80 BBs
SB: t3592.00 17.96 BBs
BB: t1920.00 9.60 BBs
UTG: t1787.00 8.94 BBs
MP: t1386.00 6.93 BBs

Pre Flop: (t300) Hero is BTN with Q Club Q Diamond
1 fold, MP calls t200, 1 fold, Hero raises to t2160, 1 fold, BB calls t1720 all in, MP calls t1186 all in

Flop: (t5326) 7 Club 5 Club 3 Club (3 players - 2 are all in)

Turn: (t5326) 9 Heart (3 players - 2 are all in)

River: (t5326) 8 Club (3 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: t5326

This is from one of the 30's.The guy that limped is a fish.It's not hard to say though tongue out

Poker Stars No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t10.00/t20.00 Blinds - 9 players - View hand 1477042

UTG+2: t1620.00 81 BBs
MP1: t1240.00 62 BBs
MP2: t1310.00 65.50 BBs
Hero (CO): t1460.00 73 BBs
BTN: t1580.00 79 BBs
SB: t1480.00 74 BBs
BB: t2050.00 102.50 BBs
UTG: t1460.00 73 BBs
UTG+1: t1300.00 65 BBs

Pre Flop: (t30) Hero is CO with 8 Spade 4 Club
UTG calls t20, UTG+1 calls t20, UTG+2 calls t20, MP1 calls t20, MP2 calls t20, 2 folds, SB calls t10, BB checks

Flop: (t140) 4 Spade 2 Spade A Diamond (7 players)
SB checks, BB bets t91.00, UTG calls t91, UTG+1 raises to t1280, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls t1220 all in, MP2 calls t1280, SB folds, BB raises to t2030, UTG folds, MP2 calls t10 all in

Turn: (t5311) K Spade (4 players - 2 are all in)

River: (t5311) A Club (4 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: t5311

And some massacre from the 15's today.Bring it on!
New Post 11 Oct 2011 20:37 Search for Posts by kurrkabin Add kurrkabin to your Buddy List
kurrkabin

Updating your blog everyday could make the others feel bored pretty quickly,since you don't have that much to say.I fully agree with that statement,but the dispite the fact,I am gonna continue doing it,since it gives me a good sense of how my day went,I am able to see the things from a different perspective,which helps in evaluating my play,my motivation,my future plans.

It looks like I changed my sleeping regime.I usually take a nap for 2-3 hours and I sit back to grind from 4.a.m. to about 8.a.m.These are the softest hours to be played at.Lack of traffic is the main prob,especially on the 30's,where it's hard to get more than 3-4 tables running at a time.15's keep on being busy all day long.This afternoon I threw few more SnG's in,mainly turbo and regular speed 15-30's Ko's.I met some very decent regs on the mid-stakes,but still noticed some marginal and exploitable play.I made few spewy moves as well,out leveling myself and misjudging few situations,there is one example stuck in my head,where I raised the CO with 99 and shoved over a reg's small 3bet with no real history of him re-raising lite. shark confused That sucked big time and still don't know what exactly I was thinking.Finding mistakes is never that bad though,since this is the first step to fix them.I remember 3-4 months ago when I was playing 5,5$ and thought my game was close to perfect when it actually had so many leaks in it.With that being sad,I'm gonna take a rest,probably listening to some cool music.Good night!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by kurrkabin: 12.10.2011 20:15.

New Post 12 Oct 2011 20:14 Search for Posts by kurrkabin Add kurrkabin to your Buddy List
MilanBurdych
Bronze
Bronze

And he had JJ...wasnt it me? smile Anyways you r running pretty good against me wink I also noticed your AQ 3bet or 4bet shove t50 against one of very tight regs...these days just happens, it s fine to look over these spots...as u did...GL!
New Post 12 Oct 2011 22:56 Search for Posts by MilanBurdych Add MilanBurdych to your Buddy List
kurrkabin

Yeah,I think I remember that spot as well,the reg was raising from the HJ,wasnt he?That's the reason I shipped it.As for running hot against u-I dunno,man tongue out maybe u run poor against me shark biggrin JJ.I respect your game.And believe it or not,im still running slightly below ev,not that I am complaning or something.
New Post 13 Oct 2011 00:22 Search for Posts by kurrkabin Add kurrkabin to your Buddy List
MilanBurdych
Bronze
Bronze

Just kidding m8 wink Maybe when we ll have like million games against each other, we can say whos lucky grin grin grin
New Post 13 Oct 2011 07:19 Search for Posts by MilanBurdych Add MilanBurdych to your Buddy List
Pages (68): « previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 next » ... last » « Previous Thread | Next Thread » | Add Thread to Favorites
Jump to:
PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Forums » Your Poker Blogs » Kurrkabin,SnG MindSet-Sofian hypers