Kurrkabin,SnG MindSet-Sofian hypers

• kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Mate,you just woke up?Thats a strong regime,man.I was just happy that I dont see you ,nor playersvk at the tables and look what happen now :P Give me one more hour,will ya :s_biggrin: I know you are joking,so am I.Someday you'll share your notes on me :P PROMISE!
    • MilanBurdych
      MilanBurdych
      Bronze
      Hehe :)
      Well I have to wake up about 8am CET, coz I have a little daughter to take care of. My wife is going at college to be dentist, so we have that kind off of regime. I play usually from 2pm-6-7pm and 9pm-till I die :D But I ll have to play much more on November, December, need my Supernova :)
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      You have a daughter!That very nice,buddy!I feel happy for you,honestly.I didn't know I was playing vs a family guy :P Well,wish you lots of luck and a better run when I am not on the table :s_biggrin: .Just joking...but fold the jacks next time I shove over you :s_biggrin:
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      I am still alive! Damn it,I dont feel like that though.Insomnia!36 hours without sleep is taking me to the limit.That would be it for today.I'm jumping in the charger for at least 8 hours.Last session was full of marginal plays.Played like 125 sng's,half of them 30's,the other half 15's.Made few bucks as well,but my play at the end was.... :s_mad: Night everyone.
    • blax41
      blax41
      Bronze
      Putting this blog in my favourites, just red all 5 pages and I still cant get enough :D . Im sng player myself, well not for now since im taking a 3 month break from poker (changing my grades and getting my motivation back) I plan on moving to stars and start from the very beggining by playing 1.50$ KO sng`s. btw I was semi-coached by playersvk , he gave me the basics on how to win at sngs tourneys. So see you at the tables in the future
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Originally posted by blax41
      Putting this blog in my favourites, just red all 5 pages and I still cant get enough :D . Im sng player myself, well not for now since im taking a 3 month break from poker (changing my grades and getting my motivation back) I plan on moving to stars and start from the very beggining by playing 1.50$ KO sng`s. btw I was semi-coached by playersvk , he gave me the basics on how to win at sngs tourneys. So see you at the tables in the future
      Man,it feels great to wake up and see your post.Thanks a bunch.Ko's are good to start with,since the rake is pretty small,opponents tend to play looser,so you benefit more by playing tight in the begining,but be prepared for a lot bad beats : ) I even think the variance is smaller for a winning player,because you will collect more than 1 bounty/game on average and even if you don't finish ITM,you can still lose less than 1BI,when you KO somebody.Wish you luck when you get back at the tables,1,5$ should very,very soft,so I guess you can move up pretty quickly and meet me at the tables in near future.Feel free to ask if I can help with something.

P.S. I didn't know that Playersvk is giving coachings :P His game is steady and solid though,so I guess he gave you good advices.
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Time for my daily update.After having about 2 days in a row with almost no sleep,I felt asleep in front of the tv last night.Unfortunately,I forgot to feed my Guinea pig.The animal didn't like and woke me up whistling at about 3.am.LOL!Anyway,I've slept for 7 hours already,so I couldnt continue once I took care of her.Played a bit in the early morning-poor traffic,very,very poor.I was barely able to play 4-5 tables simultaneously.Went outside to get some groceries,grinded a bit more,mostly 30's.Had some very,very tough tables.Very unprofitable.Had a downswing for 300$ and but then managed to come back and finish breakeven for today.Went on a date,just got back I'll try to get some sleep now.Cheers.

This song is pure class!
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      People talking about sleeping 8 hours a night is a must definetly don't know what they are talking about.

I have studied sleeping patterns and the need of the body to recover for a while to figure out what is best for your body. For a average person 3-4 hours a night is a must to recover yourself. This goes for both mentaly as physically.

When you are a sleep your mind will try to "work through" (can't find the right word) mental problems and your body will recover from injuries big or small. It's not to regain energy, since your body will use energy when you sleep.

After some serious studying I found out that you can train your body/mind to need less sleep over the course of time. Offcourse you can't go from 9 hours to 4 hours over a week. But it is definetly possible to work your way to 4 hours a night. If you take of a half hour each week it is a very healthy way to let your body/mind adapt to the new circumstances. I do advice to not take of a hour or 1.5 hours a month since it might be to fast.

Just to let you know you are not alone on this sleeping thing!

:s_cool:
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Hmm,interesting topic you started there.If not anything else,I can judge by my own experience.2-3 years ago I had to take a big number of exams over a small course of time and I used to devide my sleep into one 4hour block and 2-3xhalf an hour naps.It takes time to adapt,but you can certanly change your sleeping patterns,I've done it several times so far for like 4-5 months period of time.It depends on a lot of things in my opinion-type of temperament,level of stress,brain and body activities,food,weather,psycical and mental health and probably more.You know better for sure,since I haven't spent much time on studying it.I know that most of the psychologists(that's was my major) suggest that we need to consolidate our sleep into 1 relatively big block of time.However,for as far as I remember,even in puberty,I rarely(if ever) used to sleep over 6.5-7 hours a day on average and I've been doing sports since I was 9.By the way,on a serious note,if you have some materials about that in english,I would really appreciate if you send them via skype.Take care.

Mid-Month Quick Summary

:heart: Games played-904 SnG's-739x15$+165x30$
      :heart: Average ROI-15%
      I will not post any graph or profit number yet,since there are 16 more days to go and I want to make a deeper month analysis over a bigger sample of games and time.
      So far-so good.I started mixing with the 30's to get a comfortable feeling about them.They vary from being very tough(from my perspective) to relatively fishy with just 2-3 decent regs on the table.Traffic is considerably lower,I waited about 30 minutes today to get one started(10:30 a.m.),but picks up in the afternoon.Another thing to note-much more steal-resteal dynamics,regs are adjusting better and faster to your play.Play is also much tighter,especially in the normal turbos,where there is no bounty awarded.I hope I will be able to achieve 5-8% ROI on these,although my first concern for now is whether I can beat the limit or not :P
      As for today-I run badly,under ev,had somewhat big number of coolers and suck-outs,but there is no room for dissapointment,since I had a really hot start in the very beginning of the month.I have to review a lot of hands and but I plan on going out soon,so I'll just post of the nice ones : )

Poker Stars No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t15.00/t30.00 Blinds - 7 players - View hand 1481032
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: t1430.00 47.67 BBs
      SB: t3490.00 116.33 BBs
      BB: t1670.00 55.67 BBs
      UTG: t1470.00 49 BBs
      Hero (UTG+1): t1390.00 46.33 BBs
      MP: t2280.00 76 BBs
      CO: t1770.00 59 BBs

Pre Flop: (t45) Hero is UTG+1 with K :spade: A :spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to t90, 3 folds, SB calls t75, BB calls t60

Flop: (t270) Q :spade: T :spade: 2 :diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets t90.00, Hero raises to t300, SB calls t300, BB calls t210

Turn: (t1170) A :heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets t1000.00, SB calls t1000, BB folds

River: (t3170) 9 :spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: t3170
      SB shows J :spade: 8 :spade:
      Hero shows K :spade: A :spade:
      SB wins t3170.00

This hand is from a 30$ Turbo I played today.Both players are unknown,1 tablers.I think my play is standart there.Don't share the same opinion on his call though :P
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      sleeping patterns

you can start reading a bit here.. after that you can ask some more!

• kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Originally posted by variancekiller
      sleeping patterns

you can start reading a bit here.. after that you can ask some more!

10x,I read it.

And few words about today.Felt asleep reading one of the Moshman's book last night,but a phone call woke me up around midnight.That almost ruined my regime for a second time :P Anyway,I broke my office(pc) chair,which pissed me off quite a bit,but the inability of going back to bed made me spent an hour trying to fix it.And I did fix it for sure.At least for now...Went to bed at around 5.a.m.
      So,I went to the gym with some friends in the morning,not that I was feeling fresh and anxious about it,but I had to go or else-ruin my regime again and wake up in the afternoon.I didn't feel like grinding much.For the last 2-3 days I find it very hard to stay concentrated on the games and not browse the internet or listen to rap or other music laud.30 was a good number and thats what I aimed for.Ran poor,unlucky,my play was good for the most part and amazingly how I've managed to win my last 2 SnG's and finish the day with a 100$ more.Also finished 6th in the low orbit of Earth and 14th in Neptune LeaderBoard for the last week.So,that should add another 170$ to my roll.I plan on playing a little less for the rest of the month,mainly because I feel tired already,spending over 10 hours/day on poker for more than 2 months without a day off,so I need to cool off a lil bit in order to stay calm and bring my best to the tables.I have some horrible headache for the last 2-3 days as well and that's distracting me.I've played about 1k SnG's since 1.October,so I am not in a rush to put volume or something.Hopefully,I'll play well and run well.Cheers!

This song was a huge hit when I was a kid :P The guy with the bandana who plays the big boss and pimp in the vid,was actually ..a pimp in real life. :s_biggrin: The court sentenced him to spend 12 years behind bars for that :P It got reduced later to just 4,5 years.Anyway,this song is ####ed up.Big time.I like it a lot,even now.
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Not a good one.I'm in pain.My stomach is a mess.Played just a few sngs today.Went outside for some hours and felt sick when I got back.Hope I'll feel better 2morrow.Also,my net stopped durring a session and I went down 200$ without even playing,that sux.I also ran bad the first 15's SnGs,so pretty much a bad day.I am really not in a mood for anything right now,so I'll keep myself away from the tables.
    • MilanBurdych
      MilanBurdych
      Bronze
      Sorry to hear that. Definitely avoid playing when not feeling good...and get another provider, I have 2-3, sometimes even that is not enough :D Nothing is more painful thn lost connection, coz u can do shit about that :/
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Thanks for the support,I had to do it long time ago.I know how much effort I put in my game and it really takes away from my motivation when I lose 8 BI because of bad connection.First thing I did today was to go outside and get a second i-net provider.Some shitty mobile internet for my laptop,but extremely cheap and I'll use it only in rare cases such as the one mentioned above.Long run is more important,so I'll try not to stress on this anymore.I did what I had 2 do.There is a nice interview with Patric An. posted on the site.And he is right,he have to start enjoying life because eventually we are all gonna die...maybe...I still believe in Vampires though.. :P But I don't wanna count on that too much.
    • MilanBurdych
      MilanBurdych
      Bronze
      I did exactly the same when I first lost connection multi-tabling :D Shitty but saves a looot of money. I read that interview and u know - he has money and stuff to enjoy the life :D obv. it is bad if someone doesnt enjoy living...
    • MilanBurdych
      MilanBurdych
      Bronze
      LOL just remembered one picture I saw...it was a grass-cutter or reaper or how do u corretly says that and there was a saying: "I wish I could cut myself" - :facepalm: EMO :facepalm:
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      I was asked 2 years ago to "mow" the grass in a hotel that I worked,so I think that one is more popular in US,but grass-cutter should be totaly fine imo :D My english is getting pretty rusty lately anyway.
      Speaking of funny pictures type " Яйца на очи "(fried eggs in english) in google.co.uk or google.bg,open images and check the second one.Just to let you know though-its brutal and funny in a strange vulgar way,so I dunno if u'r gonna like it :D
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      I have 15 minutes left on my laptop's battery to make this post.Not that I need more to summarize the day.And I am 2 lazy and switch to my pc or put the charger on :P
      So after taking a strong medicine last night for my flu I felt asleep on my bed with my clothes on!Lol,that doesn't feel right.I was so tired...Woke up at 5 something in the morn and started putting some volume on.Soft tables,decent traffic,everything was good except for that I kept on getting cooler after cooler.But after 1k games played this month,I am still running with a very decent ROI~12-13,the thing with running bad is that it makes me insecure about my game and I lose some confidence.But we gotta stay positive...Speaking of which-today I finally did something I had to do a long time ago-paid for a second i-net provider.I think thats a must for everybody who claims to be a serious grinder.I feel the pain of MTT players who found that truth in life the hard way :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: Anyway,so today I played around 50 SNG's,made about 50 bucks,spent about 50$ on new I-net.Nuff said.Time's up!See you 2morrow!
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      It's getting late up here,but the daily update is a must!Today was not a very productive today for sure.I woke up late,probably some like 10:30 a.m.My mom came to my place to cook for me,before she goes to work.And since I broke with my gf I really depend on her when it comes to that :P Anyway,played a bit,like 3 hours,26 SnGs all together,then I had to go the gym with my buddies and died there...almost.Got home so tired,I coudn't even w8 to get a shower before felt asleep.First time it happens in 4 years...Am I getting old at the age 24 or what!?An important phone call woke me up and I spend the next 4-5 hours talking.Mobile bill...Anyway,I run good today,can't complain at all,although obviously the volume is just so small.It's a good thing I was very,very busy during the first half of the month and that will compensate for my inactivity the last few days.

• akrammon
      akrammon
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey man!
      Don't worry too much about volume! You are still doing great :) just live the life you wanna live :)
      also, why do you pay if you got called by someone else? :f_confused: :f_biggrin:

how much tables do you play?

p.s. I like the idea of daily updates.