Join now for free

POKER SUCCESS

Join the worlds largest poker community

Build on the experience of the world's largest poker school and community

Join now for free

PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Forums » Your Poker Blogs » **Bart's Blog**
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 next » ... last »
Go to the bottom of this page **Bart's Blog** 3 Votes - Average Rating: 7.003 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DonBartos
Gold

Registration Date: 19 Aug 2008

**Bart's Blog** Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

**Bart's Blog**

**Introduction**

Hi everybody,

First of all, thanks for reading this. I doubt that everybody will actually read this whole post, but at least thanks for trying/starting! So there we are, blog number 1,907. Not really a number thats quite special, but it surely indicates that there's a lot of "competition". After all, a blog is written to be followed, and with 1,906 other blogs, you better make something special to get some attention!

Not that I am really looking to make the most populair blog there is, because with those damn high stakes ballers on this forum that would be mission impossible for a small stakes sit n go fish like myself. So yeah, I'm currently figuring out what I'll write about, so there will probably be some, if not a lot random crap in this openingspost, and surely in the rest of this blog. But nevertheless we will continue.

**About Bart**

OK, so who is this guy. That's probably what basically everybody who is reading this post is thinking. Well, my name is Bart. I'm a guy from the Netherlands who plays and coaches Sit n Go's. I've played basically everything from 6 max SNGs upto Multi Table Tournaments with 10,000+ players. I've even tried to make something with 4 cards in my hand for a couple of months, but I realized cashgames aren't really my thing and I only like to play omaha like a maniac and if you do, it's pretty much impossible to multi table, let alone mass table. I always came back to the Sit n Go's and that's probably what I will keep doing for the next couple of months/years.

I'm still in school and I play poker on the side. I think my best game is in the 45man Sit n Go's on PokerStars, and I do believe I'm one of the better regs in that specific gametype. But then again, there aren't so many good regs since everybody is mass multi tabling and more often than not just blindly clicking buttons without really thinking about it. But, so am I.

I've played about 20,000 games or something and I've played a maximum of 45 tables at a time. Currently I play max 30 tables, tiled. So that are really a bunch of small tables right there. I guess I'll never have to visit an eye doctor, as long as I'm able to read the blinds and stacks on such small tables. I play on 2 24inch monitors, I might upload some pictures of my "grind-room" some day.

**Poker Carreer**

It all started in school, just before the pokerboom hit The Netherlands and that Moneymaker-guy won a few million dollars. I've played some poker on some weird online mafia games (hench the nickname). And after that I've got a few of my friends to play some poker in the breaks at school. As I said, it was before the poker-boom hit The Netherlands, so nobody heard of the pokerchipsets, so we used Monopoly money like real ballahs.

We started playing something like No Limit 7-card Stud. A game I came up which, and after 3 year or so I figured it kinda looked like 7-card stud. Then after the pokerboom hit The Netherlands, I couldn't fight playing No Limit Hold 'em. Everybody played it, any other type of games was just for cowboys and a real no-no. So there I was, holding 2 cards instead of 7. We played a bit live, then online playmoney. And after a little while I started freerolling and a little while after that I got some $ on PokerStars from a friend of mine, who was already quite a decent player at the time. The guy already got a TV and such from his FPP points, while I couldn't even buy a cap. sad

But that really motivated me to become a better player and I tried to get better, browsed for some videos and articles and tried to understand as much as I could. I made so many calculations without knowing what it was about that I looked like an Asian guy but like an idiot at the same time.

After some spewing around at PokerStars, making some deepruns, but never really shipping some good moneys, I switched to iPoker for a little while. I clicked on deposit and before you know it there was $50 in my account, lovely technology. I started playing some SNGs with that $50, and before you know it my bankroll was increasing by the minute and I was crushing the SNGs like there's no tomorrow. At least, that was untill I woke up from that dream and I looked into my poker account and saw there was only $25 left.

As the real degen as I am I put those $25 into some tourneys one night. I guess I played a $2 Speed Rebuy and a $11 FO. Of course, I busted quite soon in the $11 FO but I started making a nice stack in the $2 rebuy. I started stealing some blinds, hit some flops, got aces like 5 times in a row and before you know it I won the tourney for $1,300 or something like that. I probably played worse than a monkey with a laptop but that doesn't matter: Money = Money! I woke up the morning after it hoping it wasn't a dream and quickly starting my laptop and opening my Mansion Poker account to see if it was, and there it was: $1,300 shiny dollars smiling at me.

In January 2010 I started taking poker somewhat more seriously, I started grinding the 45-man SNGs on Stars and as the poor student that I was I started at $1. So since then I've been grinding 18mans, 45mans, 180mans and MTTs for about 2 years now. I guess I'm still best at the 45mans, but volume kinda sucks after black friday (no American fish sad ).

**Coaching**

I've been a Coach, Video Producer and Handjudge for the Dutch community of PokerStrategy.com since March 2011. I have about 20 videos online on PokerStrategy.com now and I've done weekly coachings since. I still make videos and do weekly coachings. I've also coached and staked some players myself. I have some profit-share deals and some players have taken coaching from me.

**Downswing**

I'm currently in my biggest downswing ever. I've had a $5,000 downswing which comes partly from MTTs and partly from 180/45mans. It's basically running bad at every single higher stakes game and running OKish at the lower ones. I've dated Miss Variance for about 4 months now and she isn't always as cute as you might think. But then again, that's poker. I do believe I have one of the better mindsets so I will continue to grind, and I haven't had any tilt moments or stuff like that.

**Supernova and 6max**

I actually have only one goal left for this year, 2011. And that goal is becoming Supernova VIP Status at PokerStars. This requires 100,000 VPP yearly and I'm currenly at 88,000 VPP so it should be doable.

I will aim to become Supernova by playing 6-max SNGs. I started playing them a few days ago and I'll start at $15 6-max Turbo, and might move up from there. I think there's more future and growing options in 6-max than there is in 45-mans/180-mans. I will try to improve my game by doing a lot of reviewing in SNG Wizard and Nash calculations and discussing with other players. Also, I will (re)watch all the 6-max videos PokerStrategy.com offers.

**2012**

I do have some goals for 2012. I will try to get 200,000 VPP. I don't think money goals are really a good idea. It's just so depending on variance that you give yourself such an easy chance to disappoint yourself when you do give yourself money-goals. I will decide if I will continue to grind 6-max SNGs, or Multi Table SNGs, or some kind of mix in 2012. My study end in June 2012, and I actually want to go pro for 1 or 2 years from there on. It really depends on my results in the upcoming months, aswell as my financial options and progress in the whole poker world. I don't know what will happen to the poker world like games getting more difficult or poker becoming legal and stuff like that. It's just a big wait at the moment. I kinda want to move from The Netherlands to another country if I do decide to go pro, and it would be nice to get a few grinders to set up a grinding-villa and become millionairs from there on.

**Too long, didn't read**

Hi, I'm Bart and this is my blog.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by DonBartos: 21 Dec 2011 02:13.

New Post 07 Nov 2011 12:50 DonBartos is offline Search for Posts by DonBartos Add DonBartos to your Buddy List
chaserr
Bronze

Registration Date: 01 Feb 2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

GL with your goals.

It's not how good you are, it's how good you want to be.
New Post 07 Nov 2011 13:00 chaserr is offline Search for Posts by chaserr Add chaserr to your Buddy List
TurboHenk
Bronze

Registration Date: 28 Jun 2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Nice OP , hope I reach your level of poker soon and grind together in your villa tongue out
New Post 07 Nov 2011 13:06 TurboHenk is offline Search for Posts by TurboHenk Add TurboHenk to your Buddy List
Demonic226
Gold

Registration Date: 22 Oct 2010

Nice story, I'm in quite a similar situation as yours, playing poker seriously but still having to manage university in between.

Anyway, nice to see more Dutch guys joining the English Community grin

New Post 07 Nov 2011 14:10 Demonic226 is offline Search for Posts by Demonic226 Add Demonic226 to your Buddy List
Gavron23
Gold

Registration Date: 26 May 2010

Hey, good luck smile Saw you at some of my tables this weekend smile

New Post 07 Nov 2011 14:26 Gavron23 is offline Search for Posts by Gavron23 Add Gavron23 to your Buddy List
TilTmuch
Global

Registration Date: 06 Oct 2010

gl in 2k12 bart.
talkin about poker villa, if u make it in country with lots of easy and sexy chiks then im in fish cool

New Post 07 Nov 2011 16:29 TilTmuch is offline Search for Posts by TilTmuch Add TilTmuch to your Buddy List
EagleStar88
Bronze

Registration Date: 06 Oct 2008

Good luck Dutch Bart,

Best regards from the English one tongue out

Bart

New Post 07 Nov 2011 16:35 EagleStar88 is offline Search for Posts by EagleStar88 Add EagleStar88 to your Buddy List
DonBartos
Gold

Thread Starter Thread Started by DonBartos

Thanks all Heart

@ Bart, I hope this blogname is not copyrighted by you grin
New Post 07 Nov 2011 16:48 DonBartos is offline Search for Posts by DonBartos Add DonBartos to your Buddy List
ERDWW
Bronze

Registration Date: 02 Feb 2011

gl fish :p
New Post 07 Nov 2011 17:36 ERDWW is offline Search for Posts by ERDWW Add ERDWW to your Buddy List
chaserr
Bronze

quote:
Originally posted by DonBartos
Thanks all Heart

Hehe, I have no intentions (yet) to star an English blog.

New Post 07 Nov 2011 18:13 chaserr is offline Search for Posts by chaserr Add chaserr to your Buddy List
DonBartos
Gold

quote:
Originally posted by chaserr
quote:
Thanks all Heart

Nice level tongue out
New Post 07 Nov 2011 18:40 DonBartos is offline Search for Posts by DonBartos Add DonBartos to your Buddy List
IngridN
Bronze

Registration Date: 02 Mar 2011

RE: **Bart's Blog** Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

OK, so who is this guy. That's probably what basically everybody who is reading this post is thinking.
the guy who challenged me to playmoney HU fish eek

quote:

Warm welcome to the English community and it's blog section!
Looking forward to more TL,DR posts wink

Ingrid
New Post 07 Nov 2011 18:48 IngridN is offline Search for Posts by IngridN Add IngridN to your Buddy List
EagleStar88
Bronze

Registration Date: 06 Oct 2008

lol, nah you're cool, looking forward to reading your blog with interest.

I do feel a Bart(Neth) vs Bart(Eng) challenge could be in the offering at some point in the future though, maybe we could get each respective community involved in some sort of team tournament wink

Gl buddy,

New Post 07 Nov 2011 19:09 EagleStar88 is offline Search for Posts by EagleStar88 Add EagleStar88 to your Buddy List
bayleysa
Bronze

Registration Date: 09 Dec 2010

Gl fish grin
New Post 07 Nov 2011 19:22 bayleysa is offline Search for Posts by bayleysa Add bayleysa to your Buddy List
chaserr
Bronze

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by chaserr
quote:
Thanks all Heart

Nice level tongue out

grin

New Post 07 Nov 2011 19:58 chaserr is offline Search for Posts by chaserr Add chaserr to your Buddy List
conall88
Bronze

Registration Date: 02 Jan 2009

gl with the goals, and see u on skype tomorrow perhaps smile
New Post 08 Nov 2011 00:50 conall88 is offline Search for Posts by conall88 Add conall88 to your Buddy List
DonBartos
Gold

quote:
Originally posted by EagleStar88
lol, nah you're cool, looking forward to reading your blog with interest.

I do feel a Bart(Neth) vs Bart(Eng) challenge could be in the offering at some point in the future though, maybe we could get each respective community involved in some sort of team tournament wink

Gl buddy,

Haha I'm up for it, let me know what you had in mind.
New Post 09 Nov 2011 01:34 DonBartos is offline Search for Posts by DonBartos Add DonBartos to your Buddy List
bobm78
Bronze

Registration Date: 01 Jul 2009

RE: **Bart's Blog** Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

Thanks for saving me some time. GL Dutch Bart! grin
New Post 09 Nov 2011 02:06 bobm78 is offline Search for Posts by bobm78 Add bobm78 to your Buddy List
DonBartos
Gold

**9 November**

Hi everybody,

6-Max isn't going as great as it should. So therefor, I'm doubting on what to do: MT SNGs or 6-Max. I've played some 45 man and 180 man SNGs today. Just a few hours of 30-tabling. I've been playing very bad, made quite a lot of misclicks and misreads, but that's ok. I've played some $2.50 180s, $3.50 and $7 45mans. I guess I like it to have no (big) swings for the next couple of months. So therefor I probably won't play many higher games for now.

I guess it's OK, and I'll probably play these games some more for the next two months. I guess I raked about $65, so that's about 350 VPPs. Which is the same as playing 58games op $15 6-max. I could always play some 6-max on the side in the afternoons or when I don't feel like 30-tabling I guess.
New Post 09 Nov 2011 02:31 DonBartos is offline Search for Posts by DonBartos Add DonBartos to your Buddy List
Heffron89
Bronze

Registration Date: 23 Jan 2009

GL! will follow smile !
New Post 09 Nov 2011 02:41 Heffron89 is offline Search for Posts by Heffron89 Add Heffron89 to your Buddy List
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 next » ... last » « Previous Thread | Next Thread » | Add Thread to Favorites
Jump to:
PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Forums » Your Poker Blogs » **Bart's Blog**