PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Rooms » Skrill (Moneybookers) » delete me
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Go to the bottom of this page delete me
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ragney
Platinum

Registration Date: 02 Aug 2010

delete me Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

delete me

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by ragney: 07 Jan 2012 02:04.

New Post 20 Dec 2011 10:19 ragney is offline Search for Posts by ragney Add ragney to your Buddy List
Silicernium
Bronze

Registration Date: 22 Dec 2009

RE: Only me??? Account restricted untill verify Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Why don't you want to verify your Skrill acc? What will you do, if the pokerplatform wants these documents from you? Will you quit poker? Will you leave without withdrawing?

It is a very normal situation and nothing unusual.
New Post 20 Dec 2011 10:56 Silicernium is offline Search for Posts by Silicernium Add Silicernium to your Buddy List
oblitron
Bronze

Registration Date: 22 Jan 2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ragney, this is a standard procedure that all e-wallets (Skrill, Neteller, PayPal) follow to verify the users' identity. They are required by law to do this to prevent money laundering. They don't do it as soon as someone opens an account because that would require A LOT of personnel. They only do it after your account has shown activity over a certain amount, and apparently the time has come for your Skrill account.

As Silicernium pointed out, most poker rooms will also ask for an ID document before you can make a withdrawal, so I'm afraid not sharing personal documents is not an option. In fact, some poker sites will also ask for a screenshot of your Skrill account.
New Post 20 Dec 2011 11:06 oblitron is offline Search for Posts by oblitron Add oblitron to your Buddy List
ragney
Platinum

Registration Date: 02 Aug 2010

Thread Starter Thread Started by ragney
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've withdrawn over $3000 from my poker room without uploading any documents...

New Post 20 Dec 2011 11:32 ragney is offline Search for Posts by ragney Add ragney to your Buddy List
IngridN
Bronze

Registration Date: 02 Mar 2011

Hi ragney,

Poker room or eWallet companies are both performing these regular checks all the time. Its very standard and its mostly for your personal protection. Once they clear your details, you good to go.

I'm sorry but there is nothing else to be done except you sending in the requested documents.

Ingrid
New Post 20 Dec 2011 11:53 IngridN is offline Search for Posts by IngridN Add IngridN to your Buddy List
1z2x3y
Bronze

Registration Date: 15 Jan 2010

thumbs up Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ragney
I've withdrawn over $3000 from my poker room without uploading any documents...

Yes ragney you may have withdrawn $3000 from your account over a period of time, but you have never tried to withdraw that much in one transaction.

There is a maximum withdrawl limit per transaction in any 90 days period on all accounts, until you get verified.

Just like PayPal & all Online e-wallets.

Ragney, if you log into your account on the left hand side there is a option in the side menu titled ~ View Limit, go there and you can choose between 3 options on verifying your details. It's easy & simple, the best option is to verify your address - all they do is send a letter to your house with a password & then you put that password into your account & they will increase you withdrawl amounts.

Or you can choose either the verify your credit/debit card option / verify your bank account.

So stop crying & actually open your eyes as to what is in front of you in your account.

If that one made you cry, winge & moan
THESE WILL KILL YOU

SERVICE FEE
https://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=fees

Non-business accounts will be charged a monthly service fee of 1.50 USD (or equivalent). The fee will be waived and thus the usage of the Skrill (Moneybookers) service is FREE if the user has logged into the account or made a transaction in the last 18 months. Otherwise the service fee will be deducted monthly from the account balance.

MONEY LAUNDERING POLICY
https://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=laundering

Money Laundering Prevention

What am I asked to do?
You may find that you are asked to confirm your identity and other personal details. Moneybookers has established special verification systems involving your bank account or payment card to prove your identity. To safeguard the integrity of our payment system, your Moneybookers account may also be subject to periodic transaction limits depending on your user status.

When?
You could be asked to confirm your identity whether you are applying to be a new customer or have been a customer for some time. While our identity verification systems are designed to minimise any inconvenience for you, the verification process may take several days to complete.

Why?
Crime and terrorism need cash. Criminals turn the "dirty" cash made from drug trafficking, smuggling, and robbery into clean money by using false identities or taking the names of innocent people - like you. Making sure that people are who they say they are is essential in the fight against crime and terrorism. This does not mean in any way that suspicion is falling on you. Any information about your identity is held confidentially and will help stop your identity being used falsely.

Who is involved?
HM Government and all organisations involved in financial services. All are united in their determination to stop the spread of financial crime as part of the international effort to crack down on financial crime - protecting us all against crime and terrorism.

Your co-operation is vital to the successful fight against crime and terrorism.

What the UK law requires:

We may be required to verify your identity and address.
We are required to keep full records of all transactions together with identification provided.

We are required to monitor any unusual or suspicious transactions of any size.

We have a legal obligation to report to the Serious Organised Crime Agency (SOCA) any suspicious transaction.
New Post 05 Jan 2012 01:16 1z2x3y is offline Search for Posts by 1z2x3y Add 1z2x3y to your Buddy List
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » | Add Thread to Favorites
Jump to:
PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Rooms » Skrill (Moneybookers) » delete me