Long term online poker success with winning strategies – register for free!

The best strategies With the correct strategy, poker becomes an easy game. Our authors show you how to succeed, one step at a time.

The smartest thinkers Learn from and with internationally successful poker pros, in our live coaching sessions and in the forum.

Free poker money PokerStrategy.com is free of charge. Additionally there is free poker money waiting for you.

You are already a PokerStrategy.com member? Log in here!

Join PokerStrategy.com for free

FREE POKER MONEY

Play poker for free

$50 free poker money for every new member to play poker without a deposit

Join now for free

FREE TRAINING

Learn to play poker

Learn to win with top coaches, free videos and strategy articles

Join now for free

FREE POKER TOOLS

Get free poker tools

Take your poker game to the next level with our free poker tools

Join now for free

POKER SUCCESS

Join the worlds largest poker community

Build on the experience of the world's largest poker school and community

Join now for free

PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Strategy and Hand Evaluations » Fixed Limit » FL poker books
Last Post | First Unread Post Add Thread to Favorites
Go to the bottom of this page FL poker books
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
pbijvoet
Bronze
Bronze

Registration Date: 30 Oct 2009

Thread Starter Thread Started by $starter
FL poker books

Are there any good FL pokerbooks I should read? I'm going on holiday soon and have al the time in the world to read!
New Post 27 Jul 2012 21:24 Search for Posts by pbijvoet Add pbijvoet to your Buddy List
deralte71
Silver
Silver

Registration Date: 09 Aug 2010

RE: FL poker books

haven't read Grudzien, but you could try the following:

Winning in Tough Hold'em Games by Nick Grudzien
Hold'em Poker for Advanced Players,
David Sklansky and Mason Malmuth

brgds
New Post 27 Jul 2012 21:45 Search for Posts by deralte71 Add deralte71 to your Buddy List
pbijvoet
Bronze
Bronze

Registration Date: 30 Oct 2009

Thread Starter Thread Started by $starter

Ok tnx will try them.
New Post 29 Jul 2012 10:22 Search for Posts by pbijvoet Add pbijvoet to your Buddy List
casadewinna
Bronze
Bronze

Registration Date: 13 Jan 2011

From more advanced - The Intelligent Poker Player by Phillip Newall
New Post 02 Oct 2012 14:42 Search for Posts by casadewinna Add casadewinna to your Buddy List
szoketomi
Bronze
Bronze

Registration Date: 14 Oct 2010

quote:
Originally posted by casadewinna

Do you have it in PDF? Friend request sent.
New Post 07 Jan 2013 12:59 Search for Posts by szoketomi Add szoketomi to your Buddy List
madorjan
Bronze
Bronze

Registration Date: 13 Nov 2009

quote:
Originally posted by szoketomi
quote:

Lol at a somewhat decent LHE player not being able to afford a $17 book.
New Post 07 Jan 2013 15:08 Search for Posts by madorjan Add madorjan to your Buddy List
szoketomi
Bronze
Bronze

quote:
Originally posted by madorjan
quote:
quote:

Dunno why pay for something if it can be received in PDF, + may have to wait more days to get it.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by szoketomi: 10.01.2013 14:32.

New Post 10 Jan 2013 14:30 Search for Posts by szoketomi Add szoketomi to your Buddy List
madorjan
Bronze
Bronze

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Dunno why pay for something if it can be received in PDF, + may have to wait more days to get it.

For $17 you can recieve it in PDF instantly, while here you have to wait for the other's response: http://www.twoplustwostore.com/twoplustw...
New Post 10 Jan 2013 16:33 Search for Posts by madorjan Add madorjan to your Buddy List
Jackalof
Bronze
Bronze

Registration Date: 08 Jun 2008

Confirmed pathetic.
New Post 10 Jan 2013 16:49 Search for Posts by Jackalof Add Jackalof to your Buddy List
Silver
Silver

Registration Date: 28 Apr 2010

$17 is still a lot for a book.

Jackalof - if you dont have anything useful to say then please refrain from posting.
New Post 10 Jan 2013 18:20 Search for Posts by Avataren Add Avataren to your Buddy List
szoketomi
Bronze
Bronze

quote:
Originally posted by Avataren

Jackalof - if you dont have anything useful to say then please refrain from posting.

Yep, dunno why the hell it was a question from me to cause a stoppage for members...
New Post 10 Jan 2013 18:43 Search for Posts by szoketomi Add szoketomi to your Buddy List
madorjan
Bronze
Bronze

quote:

Not if you're gonna make hundreds/thousands from what you learn from there. It's called investment. But hey, download it from torrent, and let's see if the guy makes more books, shall we?wink
New Post 10 Jan 2013 19:51 Search for Posts by madorjan Add madorjan to your Buddy List
JLeitmotiv
Bronze
Bronze

Registration Date: 02 Jan 2009

quote:
quote:

Not if you're gonna make hundreds/thousands from what you learn from there. It's called investment. But hey, download it from torrent, and let's see if the guy makes more books, shall we?wink

There is an interesting point about that. I must admit I am not the cleanest guy in pirate-related things. There are a lot of things I hate in that sense (Micro$oft, Apple and such) and probably I would not hesitate about jumping through their extremely bloated and non-ethical payment.

Now, about books, it's somehow different. First of all, when you say things like $17 is still too much for a book, it makes me laugh. $17 is no expense at all for a book, and it makes me think that its price implies that Newall wrote it just because he WANTED to (I guess he makes more money on the poker tables tongue out ). That is what makes me WANT to buy it. I am not against piracy, mostly because I see it as a way through evolution software-wise (when it goes against big companies i mean, i wouldn't like my software to be pirated nor any of a student/professor). But pirating an amazing book like Newall's for only $17 dollar is both a bad idea and a non-ethical move in my opinion.
New Post 10 Jan 2013 22:26 Search for Posts by JLeitmotiv Add JLeitmotiv to your Buddy List
Rantrave
Bronze
Bronze

Registration Date: 18 Apr 2009

You have to be hipocrate to be against a book piracy but not against a big companies software like apples or windows.

It takes a titanic work to make a big project working and usefull like Windows operating system, and therefore they have right to charge money for their work and get payment.
New Post 11 Jan 2013 07:33 Search for Posts by Rantrave Add Rantrave to your Buddy List
JLeitmotiv
Bronze
Bronze

Registration Date: 02 Jan 2009

quote:
Originally posted by Rantrave
You have to be hipocrate to be against a book piracy but not against a big companies software like apples or windows.

It takes a titanic work to make a big project working and usefull like Windows operating system, and therefore they have right to charge money for their work and get payment.

I honestly don't see the hypocrisy behind that. Microsoft isn't a software company, it's a place where lobbyists try to take advantage of every little thing they can, in a completely unethical behaviour including (but not restricted to) monopoly and bloated hardware requirements, "colluding" with hardware companies.
New Post 11 Jan 2013 20:02 Search for Posts by JLeitmotiv Add JLeitmotiv to your Buddy List
Silver
Silver

Registration Date: 28 Apr 2010

quote:
Originally posted by JLeitmotiv
quote:
Originally posted by Rantrave

I honestly don't see the hypocrisy behind that. Microsoft isn't a software company, it's a place where lobbyists try to take advantage of every little thing they can, in a completely unethical behaviour including (but not restricted to) monopoly and bloated hardware requirements, "colluding" with hardware companies.

its called making billions the right way. they are smart and selling it this way. and people are too stupid to buy it i guess. honestly if you really think they are crap how about making something that is better. (I do realize you dont use apple or microsoft yourself) its just the point of saying they are shit when you dont have a better product yourself. you should phrase it as "I don't like it because because because" not "they are crap and this is why"

Many people are satisfied with a computer and windows so they can check their email. they dont need all the extra materials microsoft offers
New Post 11 Jan 2013 20:34 Search for Posts by Avataren Add Avataren to your Buddy List
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » | Add Thread to Favorites
Jump to:
PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Strategy and Hand Evaluations » Fixed Limit » FL poker books