casadewinna
      Silver
      From more advanced - The Intelligent Poker Player by Phillip Newall
    • szoketomi
      szoketomi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by casadewinna
      Do you have it in PDF? Friend request sent.
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by szoketomi
      Lol at a somewhat decent LHE player not being able to afford a $17 book.
    • szoketomi
      szoketomi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by madorjan
      Dunno why pay for something if it can be received in PDF, + may have to wait more days to get it.
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      Dunno why pay for something if it can be received in PDF, + may have to wait more days to get it.
      For $17 you can recieve it in PDF instantly, while here you have to wait for the other's response: http://www.twoplustwostore.com/twoplustw...
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      Confirmed pathetic.
      Silver
      $17 is still a lot for a book.

Jackalof - if you dont have anything useful to say then please refrain from posting.
    • szoketomi
      szoketomi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Avataren

Jackalof - if you dont have anything useful to say then please refrain from posting.
      Yep, dunno why the hell it was a question from me to cause a stoppage for members...
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      Not if you're gonna make hundreds/thousands from what you learn from there. It's called investment. But hey, download it from torrent, and let's see if the guy makes more books, shall we?;)
    • JLeitmotiv
      JLeitmotiv
      Bronze
      Not if you're gonna make hundreds/thousands from what you learn from there. It's called investment. But hey, download it from torrent, and let's see if the guy makes more books, shall we?;)
      There is an interesting point about that. I must admit I am not the cleanest guy in pirate-related things. There are a lot of things I hate in that sense (Micro$oft, Apple and such) and probably I would not hesitate about jumping through their extremely bloated and non-ethical payment.

Now, about books, it's somehow different. First of all, when you say things like $17 is still too much for a book, it makes me laugh. $17 is no expense at all for a book, and it makes me think that its price implies that Newall wrote it just because he WANTED to (I guess he makes more money on the poker tables :P ). That is what makes me WANT to buy it. I am not against piracy, mostly because I see it as a way through evolution software-wise (when it goes against big companies i mean, i wouldn't like my software to be pirated nor any of a student/professor). But pirating an amazing book like Newall's for only $17 dollar is both a bad idea and a non-ethical move in my opinion.
    • Rantrave
      Rantrave
      Bronze
      You have to be hipocrate to be against a book piracy but not against a big companies software like apples or windows.

It takes a titanic work to make a big project working and usefull like Windows operating system, and therefore they have right to charge money for their work and get payment.
    • JLeitmotiv
      JLeitmotiv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Rantrave
      You have to be hipocrate to be against a book piracy but not against a big companies software like apples or windows.

It takes a titanic work to make a big project working and usefull like Windows operating system, and therefore they have right to charge money for their work and get payment.
      I honestly don't see the hypocrisy behind that. Microsoft isn't a software company, it's a place where lobbyists try to take advantage of every little thing they can, in a completely unethical behaviour including (but not restricted to) monopoly and bloated hardware requirements, "colluding" with hardware companies.
      Silver
      Originally posted by JLeitmotiv
      Originally posted by Rantrave

I honestly don't see the hypocrisy behind that. Microsoft isn't a software company, it's a place where lobbyists try to take advantage of every little thing they can, in a completely unethical behaviour including (but not restricted to) monopoly and bloated hardware requirements, "colluding" with hardware companies.
      its called making billions the right way. they are smart and selling it this way. and people are too stupid to buy it i guess. honestly if you really think they are crap how about making something that is better. (I do realize you dont use apple or microsoft yourself) its just the point of saying they are shit when you dont have a better product yourself. you should phrase it as "I don't like it because because because" not "they are crap and this is why"

Many people are satisfied with a computer and windows so they can check their email. they dont need all the extra materials microsoft offers