Where to play to get PS points?

• CheckNate
      CheckNate
      Bronze
      Does anyone know of any sites that have decent micro fixed limit hold'em traffic where I can earn PS points?

I currently play at 888 regularly but I can't earn PS points there anymore. I have tracked 770 and Titan accounts but I find it difficult to find good games there with any regularity. I am also tracked at PKR but there are no fixed limit games there.
  • 8 replies
      Silver
      what about pokerstars ? Its the best site for Fixed Limit there is.

edit: just had a friend tell me you cant through stars anymore. then I dont know of a site sorry.
    • GitGud
      GitGud
      Bronze
      What? Not possible to earn PS points through Stars anymore?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      Originally posted by GitGud
      What? Not possible to earn PS points through Stars anymore?
      Not true!

At CheckNate check out the thread in my signature for some assistance with finding a poker room :)

Kind regards,
      Gary
      Silver
      oh its not true ? I just got told by a friend who said that .. sorry about misleading information
    • CheckNate
      CheckNate
      Bronze
      Thanks but PokerStars is a no-go for me anyway because I created an account there about 5 years ago before I knew anything about affiliate bonuses.

@HollyMichelle: Thanks I'll check it out :)
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      Unless you're playing nanostakes, play on Stars, and what you earn by not paying a shitload of rake like on any other site, you can use that 'saved' rake to buy a subscription for PS.

Let's say that you play .25/.5 and pay 3BB/100 rake on Stars, while 4BB/100 on Party. (The numbers are not accurate at all, look them up in your HEM or online or ask around, haven't played those stakes in ages - however the rake difference is probably close to accurate.) If you play say 15k hands/month, this way you "win" 1BB/100 just by not raking it, which is 150BB/month(!!!) = $75. Just go ahead and buy a subscription for gold status, and you'll get all the material without paying way way way more in rake than what you could for the status.

Inb4 moderation.:P
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by madorjan

Inb4 moderation.:P
      Eh, can't be bothered :f_biggrin:

It's definitely a good point. Net rake paid is something that everyone should be looking into when they choose a poker room.
    • gersiL
      gersiL
      Diamond
      first deposit bonus vs rake is issue too i think.