FREE POKER TOOLS

Get free poker tools

Take your poker game to the next level with our free poker tools

Join now for free

POKER SUCCESS

Join the worlds largest poker community

Build on the experience of the world's largest poker school and community

Join now for free

PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Forums » Poker Tools » The "Secondary logon" service is not running!?!?!?!
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page The "Secondary logon" service is not running!?!?!?!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Alesh22
Bronze

Registration Date: 22 Jan 2010

sad The "Secondary logon" service is not running!?!?!?! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I had the problem of not connecting, so i checked the thread - Solution for: "failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1.

I did all as said in the thread, when i try to "Initialise the database cluster" i get this ....

The "Secondary Logon" service is not running. This service is required for the installer to initialize the database. Please start this service and try again.

I checked the forum but didn't find any clues of how to solve the problem.

Any advice welcome.

Played hard to get the license and is a bit frustrating to not be able to use it.
New Post 01 Mar 2010 18:10 Alesh22 is offline Search for Posts by Alesh22 Add Alesh22 to your Buddy List
Alesh22
Bronze

Registration Date: 22 Jan 2010

Thread Starter Thread Started by Alesh22
tongue I' ve made it!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, with some more efforts i did manage to get it to work. I simply downloaded the new 0,74 version and works like a fantasy!!!! If someone have the same prob.

Thank you pokerstrategy.

Everything works like a charm!!

Wish you luck on the poker tables!!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Alesh22: 01 Mar 2010 20:43.

New Post 01 Mar 2010 20:27 Alesh22 is offline Search for Posts by Alesh22 Add Alesh22 to your Buddy List
Marioest88
Bronze

Registration Date: 12 Oct 2010

arrow Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have the same problem, but i dont understand, what "0,74" are you downloading again?

I read about this Secondary Logon quite a lot, but i still do not understand what should i do do fix it sad

Pleas help me!
New Post 18 Jan 2011 19:02 Marioest88 is offline Search for Posts by Marioest88 Add Marioest88 to your Buddy List
mrk1988
Headadmin

Registration Date: 04 Feb 2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey,

to fix this "problem" navigate to:

Control panel -> administrative tools -> services.

Find the "secondary logon service", right-click it and start it. PostgreSQL should now install without any errors.

Overview | Download Guide| Wishlist | Support | Tweets | +1
New Post 19 Jan 2011 10:01 mrk1988 is offline Search for Posts by mrk1988 Add mrk1988 to your Buddy List
Marioest88
Bronze

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

cant greate database?
I do not understand what I am doing wrong?

to fix this "problem" navigate to:

Control panel -> administrative tools -> services.

Find the "secondary logon service", right-click it and start it. PostgreSQL should now install without any errors.

Connection to database server lost!
Further Informations:
Failed to establish a connectionto 127.0.0.1
???
New Post 19 Jan 2011 23:05 Marioest88 is offline Search for Posts by Marioest88 Add Marioest88 to your Buddy List
mrk1988
Headadmin

Please also make sure the postgreSQL database service is up and running. You can start it the same way as the secondary logon service.

New Post 20 Jan 2011 13:04 mrk1988 is offline Search for Posts by mrk1988 Add mrk1988 to your Buddy List
Marioest88
Bronze

connection database server lost!

fatal 28000 password filed for user marioest88?

Where can I get a new password
New Post 20 Jan 2011 22:19 Marioest88 is offline Search for Posts by Marioest88 Add Marioest88 to your Buddy List
mrk1988
Headadmin

You can't get a "new" password. You have to enter the password which was created during the postgreSQL installation.

First of all, you should find out the correct username for the postgreSQL service account.

Open up your control panel, navigate to 'administrative tools' and open up 'services'.
There you should find the postgreSQL database server -> right click it and select 'properties'.
Now navigate to 'login' and you should find your postgreSQL service account username.

Use this username to create a new database with the correspondig password.

Let me know if you don't remember it for this username either.

New Post 21 Jan 2011 12:41 mrk1988 is offline Search for Posts by mrk1988 Add mrk1988 to your Buddy List
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » | Add Thread to Favorites
Jump to:
Thread is closed
PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Forums » Poker Tools » The "Secondary logon" service is not running!?!?!?!