The "Secondary logon" service is not running!?!?!?!

• Alesh22
      Alesh22
      Bronze
      I had the problem of not connecting, so i checked the thread - Solution for: "failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1.

I did all as said in the thread, when i try to "Initialise the database cluster" i get this ....

The "Secondary Logon" service is not running. This service is required for the installer to initialize the database. Please start this service and try again.

I checked the forum but didn't find any clues of how to solve the problem.

Any advice welcome.

Played hard to get the license and is a bit frustrating to not be able to use it.
  • 7 replies
    • Alesh22
      Alesh22
      Bronze
      Well, with some more efforts i did manage to get it to work. I simply downloaded the new 0,74 version and works like a fantasy!!!! If someone have the same prob.

Thank you pokerstrategy.

Everything works like a charm!!

Wish you luck on the poker tables!!
    • Marioest88
      Marioest88
      Bronze
      I have the same problem, but i dont understand, what "0,74" are you downloading again?

I read about this Secondary Logon quite a lot, but i still do not understand what should i do do fix it :(

Pleas help me!
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey,

to fix this "problem" navigate to:

Control panel -> administrative tools -> services.

Find the "secondary logon service", right-click it and start it. PostgreSQL should now install without any errors.
    • Marioest88
      Marioest88
      Bronze
      cant greate database?
      I do not understand what I am doing wrong?

to fix this "problem" navigate to:

Control panel -> administrative tools -> services.

Find the "secondary logon service", right-click it and start it. PostgreSQL should now install without any errors.

Connection to database server lost!
      Further Informations:
      Failed to establish a connectionto 127.0.0.1
      ???
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Please also make sure the postgreSQL database service is up and running. You can start it the same way as the secondary logon service.
    • Marioest88
      Marioest88
      Bronze
      connection database server lost!

fatal 28000 password filed for user marioest88?

Where can I get a new password
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      You can't get a "new" password. You have to enter the password which was created during the postgreSQL installation.

First of all, you should find out the correct username for the postgreSQL service account.

Open up your control panel, navigate to 'administrative tools' and open up 'services'.
      There you should find the postgreSQL database server -> right click it and select 'properties'.
      Now navigate to 'login' and you should find your postgreSQL service account username.

Use this username to create a new database with the correspondig password.

Let me know if you don't remember it for this username either.