FREE POKER TOOLS

Get free poker tools

Take your poker game to the next level with our free poker tools

Join now for free

POKER SUCCESS

Join the worlds largest poker community

Build on the experience of the world's largest poker school and community

Join now for free

PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Strategy and Hand Evaluations » Fixed Limit » [Coaching] Fixed Limit [Expert] with Byron Jacobs
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]
Go to the bottom of this page [Coaching] Fixed Limit [Expert] with Byron Jacobs 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ByronJacobs
Bronze

Registration Date: 09 Aug 2009

Thread Starter Thread Started by ByronJacobs
Coaching cancelled Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I had a diamond FL coaching planned for Tuesday 20 September but I've had to cancel. Apologies to everyone and I'll see you next Thursday 29 September.

I also produce videos for PokerStrategy.com, for example:
HU Strategy - Part 1-6
kobeyard meets Byron Jacobs - Part 1-4
Byron plays SH - Part 1+2
NEW:Check behind - Part 1
New Post 19 Sep 2011 17:38 ByronJacobs is offline Search for Posts by ByronJacobs Add ByronJacobs to your Buddy List
ByronJacobs
Bronze

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sorry - won't be coaching this week (Thurs 3rd) as I'm on holiday. See you all back on Thurs 10th for the next scheduled coaching.

HU Strategy - Part 1-6
New Post 01 Nov 2011 23:57 ByronJacobs is offline Search for Posts by ByronJacobs Add ByronJacobs to your Buddy List
ByronJacobs
Bronze

Coaching Thurs 8 December Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi everyone,

I'm in London on Thursday and not back until late. I know you don't want to be deprived of the pleasure of watching me get bad beaten all evening so I have moved the coaching to 7pm UK time - this is 1½ hours later than usual. See you there smile

HU Strategy - Part 1-6
New Post 07 Dec 2011 15:01 ByronJacobs is offline Search for Posts by ByronJacobs Add ByronJacobs to your Buddy List
lui69
Gold

Registration Date: 27 Jan 2007

RE: Coaching cancelled Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Such an awesome coach .

He also gives a lil view into the "next levels" + he has balls of steal ^^
An awesome coach with an awesome coaching .

Its a must for all FL players and those who are learning.

EDIT: HOPE TO SEE MORE ! ^^

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lui69: 22 Dec 2011 19:47.

New Post 22 Dec 2011 19:01 lui69 is offline Search for Posts by lui69 Add lui69 to your Buddy List
Gurkha
Bronze

Registration Date: 09 Dec 2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The coaching today was my first coaching for a long time, especially in fixed limit, and I just made it up to the 2nd half of the coaching. But I got some interesting insights on how to think advanced (in comparison to myself) about hands. Got to thank Byron for this!
I just have to implement this kind of thinking into my own game. smile
And, as some members already stated above me in this thread, I also need to say that you have a very clear pronounciacion and an excellent style of explanation. That makes it really easy even for non-native speakers to understand what you are talking about.
New Post 29 Dec 2011 20:11 Gurkha is offline Search for Posts by Gurkha Add Gurkha to your Buddy List
ByronJacobs
Bronze

Hi everyone,

I can't make Thursday this week so I will be doing a coaching session on Wednesday 29th instead, usual time. This could be your only chance to get FL coaching on a leap year day for some time - so don't miss out...

HU Strategy - Part 1-6
New Post 29 Feb 2012 09:20 ByronJacobs is offline Search for Posts by ByronJacobs Add ByronJacobs to your Buddy List
Borisian
Bronze

Registration Date: 28 Jan 2012

Subscribed
New Post 05 Apr 2012 17:30 Borisian is offline Search for Posts by Borisian Add Borisian to your Buddy List
Borisian
Bronze

Registration Date: 28 Jan 2012

In honour of the last 10 mins of this evenings session

Bananas & Bells
New Post 05 Apr 2012 20:59 Borisian is offline Search for Posts by Borisian Add Borisian to your Buddy List
ByronJacobs
Bronze

Coaching 19 July cancelled Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi everyone,

Coaching for 19 July is cancelled as I'm on holiday. Going to Crete for a week in an attempt to escape the permanent rain in the UK. Wish me luck smile

Hope to see you as usual on 26 July.

Byron

HU Strategy - Part 1-6
New Post 13 Jul 2012 13:35 ByronJacobs is offline Search for Posts by ByronJacobs Add ByronJacobs to your Buddy List
Petathebest
Bronze

Registration Date: 22 Feb 2006

I really enjoyed the last coaching with you and Cornholio. You two have a bit different styles and he asked questions, that let´s you go more in detail, which was very informative.
New Post 29 Jul 2012 04:50 Petathebest is offline Search for Posts by Petathebest Add Petathebest to your Buddy List
Fermina7
Bronze

Registration Date: 28 Feb 2012

Thanks a lot for the very nice coaching today shark smile !
New Post 03 Jan 2013 20:03 Fermina7 is offline Search for Posts by Fermina7 Add Fermina7 to your Buddy List
moonfield
Platinum

Registration Date: 27 Dec 2010

Rake Structure Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi Byron
I remember that you reracted to the "small" amount of rake that you paid at Pokerstars 2-4 limit compared to the same number at Party Poker. Here are the facts:

Pokerstars 6 max, 2-4 FLH: 3% rake and max 1.25 dollar
Partypoker 6 max, 2-4 FLH: $0.25 per $5 in the pot and max 3 dollar

Your sample size was not too small. There will be a significant difference in rake payments...
New Post 06 Jan 2013 21:42 moonfield is offline Search for Posts by moonfield Add moonfield to your Buddy List
ZeroDegrees
Gold

Registration Date: 03 Jun 2008

Hi!
First, thanks for the coachings! I improve, even though the game is different from my lower limits tables. 2 weeks ago Cornholio joined you and it's a great way to coach, good dialogue. Can we hope for more sessions with you and him or another player in the future?

New Post 06 Jan 2013 22:22 ZeroDegrees is offline Search for Posts by ZeroDegrees Add ZeroDegrees to your Buddy List
kavboj84
Diamond

Registration Date: 16 Jun 2011

Hey Byron,

whats up with the expert coaching I dont see it in the schedule this week ?
New Post 15 Jan 2013 23:30 kavboj84 is offline Search for Posts by kavboj84 Add kavboj84 to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] « Previous Thread | Next Thread » | Add Thread to Favorites
Jump to:
PokerStrategy.com Forum » Poker Strategy and Hand Evaluations » Fixed Limit » [Coaching] Fixed Limit [Expert] with Byron Jacobs