Jobs at PokerStrategy.com
Hard working, innovative, and passionate about your job? Interested in joining an ambitious, dedicated, and global work force? Want to be part of a transparent company culture, in which both feedback and criticism are highly valued? Choose PokerStrategy.com and unlock the door to a happier Monday morning!
Current Job offers:
BI Analyst - Gibraltar based
PokerStrategy.com is looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to work across a number of projects within our poker remit.
The successful candidate will come in as an important stakeholder in many of our core areas and be expected to hit the ground running and make an impact from day one. The role is an exciting one and offers the chance to work in an autonomous fashion on a variety of topics with a number of senior stakeholders. Therefore the successful candidate must have the ability to proactively work on own topics, possess the conviction and gravitas to challenge the status quo and offer recommendations where required, and the skillset to be able to back their recommendations up with solid data.
- have experience working with SPSS, SAS, R, KNIME and other stats related programs
- have experience of working with a Datawarehouse and are proficient in extracting and manipulating large datasets using SQL/MicroStrategy or similar
- can communicate highly technical ideas and results clearly, succinctly and coherently to other stakeholders in the business
- are advanced in Microsoft Office
- have a degree (or equivalent experience) in a quantitative subject: maths, Economics, Computer Science or similar
- preferably have good knowledge and understanding of the poker industry
- are a team player capable of creating strong bonds with colleagues based on reliability and transparency
- have excellent verbal and written English skills
- Drive analytical projects to help us in our quest to optimise our poker product
- Provide actionable insights and recommendations based on extraction and manipulation of data from our Datawarehouse
- Lead us in the ownership of tracking insights (on both mobile and desktop)
- Set and track our performance KPIs in order to continuously improve our decisions on our poker offering
- Define behavourial reports and dashboards for our stakeholders
- Ensure continuous improvement of the poker product by proactively driving new data requirements in our Datawarehouse
- Proactively apply data where it can add real value: optimising customer lifecycle, acquisition costs, A/B testing, creation of applicable models, churn rates etc.
- Provide expert level of support in all data and stats topics
If you think you have what it takes, apply today! For a complete application we need your CV, motivation letter and transcripts to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
B2B Account Manager - Gibraltar based
Playtech is a leading software provider for online gaming operators and can be positively considered as one of the pioneers of the worldwide online and land-based gaming industry.
Company's business portfolio consists of the most prominent names in the business, including Bet365, William Hill, Paddypower, Gala, Coral, Betfair, etc. Behind the eminent success of Playtech's products and services there are around 3,600 people located in 12 countries, the majority of whom are engaged in research and development of current and future gaming technologies.
- Have deep knowledge of customers business model and product offering, including:
- Marketing strategy (i.e. Bonuses, Admin usage, etc.)
- Acquisition methodologies
- Products offered
- Markets/channels served
- Retention and conversion strategy
- Have deep knowledge of Playtech products and services and associated business rules.
- Responsible for customer performance and revenue growth by making strategic recommendations using:
- Marketing strategy (i.e. Bonuses, Admin usage, etc.)
- KPI(s) & Benchmark analysis
- Operational audit
- BI tools (Appendix 1)
- Managing customer requests and needs
- Providing first level business support
- Escalation point for technical and business issues
- Promoting projects internally (i.e. development requests, initiation of new projects)
- Responsible for customer service level
- Able to work in Gibraltar and to travel as necessary.
- Experience in the online gaming industry is essential.
- At least 2 years experience or background in B2B Customer Services/ Customer Support
- Experienced with managing or working with international customers.
- Experience with a software or internet company in relevant position like B2B Account Management or B2B Project Management
- Good understanding of the Internet business models, general practices and language terms
- Self motivated, detail oriented, self managed, team player, multitasking
- Service and business orientated with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Knowledge of internet marketing would be an advantage
If you think you have what it takes, apply today. For a complete application we need your CV, motivation letter and transcripts to be submitted to email@example.com.
PokerStrategy.com is the world’s largest multilingual poker community and affiliate. With over 7 million registered users and upwards of 1.74m real money players generating 650m page views in 2012, the Company is the premier marketing partner for top operating poker brands and premier education destination for aspiring poker players.
Since its inception in 2007, PokerStrategy.com has demonstrated the significant strategic and financial benefits of specialising in creating and maintaining an engaged poker community in the process establishing clear number one positions in key languages that account for 60% of the worldwide poker market.
Led by Damian Sokol, CEO, and Pavel Stehno, COO, PokerStrategy.com is driven by the passion and expertise of over 600 freelancers and 70 staff based in our headquarters in Gibraltar and in our Hamburg-based IT hub: HCE.
PokerStrategy.com as an employer
We encourage an open and transparent company culture, where feedback and criticism are highly valued. With 23 nationalities, our working atmosphere is very international, though we use English to communicate in the office. Common interests and friendly cooperation ensure a 'we are PokerStrategy.com' feeling, even outside the office.
We place a lot of emphasis on our employees' well-being. Apart from an ambitious and rewarding experience and an international and dedicated team, we also offer our members an extensive benefits package and very modern working conditions.
PokerStrategy.com as a poker school
Our aim is to promote poker in the best sense. We deconstruct preconceptions about poker and help curious beginners to get involved, quickly and for free. We're convinced that poker will be held in high esteem as a strategic game and an interesting, intellectual hobby in the 21st century. It's practically as complicated as chess, but with more psychological elements; we see poker as a reflection of real life. Mastering the game not only brings joy and profit, but also knowledge and insight.
At the same time, we have the drive to understand and teach poker to the best of our ability. We want to accompany our ambitious, talented members from a novice to professional level. An excellent theoretical basis in mathematics is just as important for this as didactically optimised multimedia presentation.
PokerStrategy.com is a company built upon the drive, innovation and effort of many people from all over the world. The work of our core group of in house employees (both Hamburg and Gibraltar based) is complemented admirably by our army of committed and skilled freelancers.
We work hard to ensure an open and transparent company culture with clear values and goals.
Our working environment is very international with 23 different nationalities. Our shared interests and friendly interaction ensure a 'we are PokerStrategy.com' attitude, even outside the office.
We feel that the best way we can maintain our success is by focusing on two core values, passion and performance, in order to ensure that everyone is contributing and working together towards our goals. Each value is separated into four distinct beliefs which we see as forming the crux of a mutually beneficial working relationship. We prosper by offering an environment which strongly supports the development of our staff and in return ask you to help us develop the company.
PokerStrategy.com was founded in April 2007 by Dominik Kofert and Matthias Wahls. In its initial phase, Dominik and Matthias often personally assisted members. From the company's beginning, we've considerably developed our teaching offer through the addition of colleagues and freelancers to our team.
PokerStrategy.com is one of the first websites to combine the virality of user-generated content with the professional teaching content of poker experts.
In 2008, we translated the teaching material as well as the services on offer (hand evaluations and coaching sessions) into English and Russian, in order to start including these growing online poker markets. Over the following years, we expanded our offer across a further 12 languages, including Japanese, Chinese and finally, Czech. Today, the website, along with its services and market specific offers, is available in 15 languages.
We work hard to select the right colleagues. We don't use a 'one process fits all' approach, rather we tailor each process to the applicant.
We usually follow up your application with a skype interview (approx. 60 minutes). It's important for us to gain first impressions of each other in this interview.
If we feel that you could be a good fit, we'll invite you to take part in a two day assessment center here in Gibraltar. This gives you the opportunity to get to know the country, people and company, as well as your team.
The actual assessment center lasts between four and six hours, consisting of three to five tasks, giving you the opportunity to demonstrate your specialist competencies and personality. The types of tasks in the assessment centre - and what they include - depend on the job for which you're applying. Of course, you'll also have plenty of opportunity to ask us questions.
It's only worth us making this effort if we have the impression that you'll put in just as much effort. In other words: we expect you to be really well prepared and to show us that work is more than just a job for you.
Your career at PokerStrategy.com
We look forward to your applications at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your applications in English.
For applications for freelance positions, for example as a translator, editor or coach, please reply to email@example.com.