This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

cash-out in € with better exchange rate?

• 33 replies
    • Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      You cant change a thing, unless you are a VIP member and deposit more than 10k on moneybookers .
    • cubinis
      cubinis
      Bronze
      i don't know why but i pay 4%. i asked 888 they said they don't charge anything, i asked moneybookers they said they charger ~2%. so i don't understand where remaining 2% is missing...
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      888 converts the currency as it transfers. It looks like they're not charging but they really are.

They can use the excuse "exchange rate".
    • abcde23
      abcde23
      Bronze
      Yes, since 1/2 year 888 takes 4% for an "exchange". I thought everybody knows it. And the original question was if anybody knows how to reduce the loss under 2%. Does anybody know a method how to change $ in €?
    • darkod80
      darkod80
      Global
      simply do not cash out in euros,I did that once and exchange rate fee was outrageous
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Yea, I did that mistake last week. "Fee" is just too high. :(

But can I do anything if I want to withdraw in $ and have Skrill in €? And I'm not a VIP member, so I guess multi-currency in Skrill is not possible.

EDIT: I selected "withdraw in €" in 888 cashier. Would it be better to just withdraw in $ and let Skrill (Moneybookers) convert that in €?
    • cubinis
      cubinis
      Bronze
      EDIT: I selected "withdraw in €" in 888 cashier. Would it be better to just withdraw in $ and let Skrill (Moneybookers) convert that in €?
      So can anyone confirm if we withdraw in USD and our moneybookers is EUR we will pay only 2% for moneybookers or 4% for 888 and 2% for moneybookers?
    • T3rMiT3
      T3rMiT3
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cubinis
      So can anyone confirm if we withdraw in USD and our moneybookers is EUR we will pay only 2% for moneybookers or 4% for 888 and 2% for moneybookers?
      great question... Waiting for a reply too
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by T3rMiT3
      Originally posted by cubinis
      great question... Waiting for a reply too
      Bump this question up. :)

So, can anyone confirm this?
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      We're checking for you :)
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      We're checking for you :)
      Ingi helpfull as always. ;)
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Black
      after reading this, checked their rates for my last transactions. FML they're raping me with their conversion rates. 10K$ withdraw 400$ conversion costs!!! wtf, 888?!?
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Shevtshenko
      after reading this, checked their rates for my last transactions. FML they're raping me with their conversion rates. 10K$ withdraw 400$ conversion costs!!! wtf, 888?!?
      My withdrawal was not that big, but yeah...I was as surprised/shocked as you. That's why I wonder if we can withdraw in $ and let MB convert that to €, which would mean 2% conversion rates.

Quite sick, indeed.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Natalia is checking this for us, please bare with me guys. I'll only have answer on this tmw.
    • darkod80
      darkod80
      Global
      I think if you withdraw in $ you will be charged only by moneybookers. I am using visa and when withdrew in euros was charged by 888 and my bank's fee. When cashing out in $ I pay only my bank's fee
    • pappadjango
      pappadjango
      Bronze
      ok just for arguement sake to c for myself i did this.i deposited 100 dollars it cost me 78.01 euro then withdrew the same 100 dollars instantly and my moneybookers acc was credited 73.47 euro.i lost 4.54 euro as a result wtf
    • MissNatalia
      MissNatalia
      Bronze
      Hiya,

First of all to become a VIP on Skrill you need to deposit $2,000 not 10k. And yes, VIPs have lower FX fees.

And the best way to avoid higher fees is use the same currency.

I will look more deeply to your queries and try to get back asap.

BR,
      Nat.
    • cubinis
      cubinis
      Bronze
      we asked about 888 fees not about how to get moneybookers vip
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Black
      Originally posted by MissNatalia
      Hiya,

First of all to become a VIP on Skrill you need to deposit $2,000 not 10k. And yes, VIPs have lower FX fees.

And the best way to avoid higher fees is use the same currency.

I will look more deeply to your queries and try to get back asap.

BR,
      Nat.
      So it's enough to deposit 2k$ in one month to become Skrill vip? I wonder why i've never got the vip status then, since i've deposited over 2k$ more than a few times.