This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25, ATo

• TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $28.74
      BU:
      $26.10
      SB:
      $8.75
      BB:
      $34.25
      MP2 (Hero):
      $25.35
      MP3:
      $25.62

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T, A.
      Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, BU calls $0.75, SB folds, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.35) 7, J, T (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($2.35) A (3 players)
      BB bets $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, BU folds, BB calls $3.00.

River: ($11.35) K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $11.35.

BTN - whale
      BB - tag reg 24/18, AF 2.4

I am not sure about flop cbet vs therir combined range, esp fish can have a lot of J's in his range so I don't want to valuecut myself.
      I raise turn for value I get from his combodraws and worse twopair.
      River card is shit so I just ch/b, I could maybe turn it into a bluff but on nl25 I think I would still fold out only what I beat so no sense in that.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Gregor86,

Flop: Well, what's your plan here vs the fish? Do you plan to Check/Fold directly or Check/Call? If you plan to Check/Call then I rather prefer CBetting myself here. :)

As played
      Turn: Kind of close spot, especially when the reg leads out here, I might even take pot control and skip the thin value. What's your plan if you get 3bet? :) Also if you raise then why do you give him great odds for FD? Do you think he going to continue with a lot worse hands?

As played
      River: Not much to add, no thin value even for us. :P

Best Regards.
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      What would you recomend on these kind of flops? My initial thought is c/f. Altough we do have position over the reg so that is good if the fish stabs, we get to see his action first and then c/c. But if we cbet fish folds, reg could always go for a c/c w smth like KJ. So yeah in retrospect I should be more affraid of valuecutting myself vs the regs range.

I agree w turn, maybe just a bit too thin, cuz some of the cards on board really block out a lot combo draw hands. As played my betsizing should be $6-7?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      What would you recomend on these kind of flops?

As long it doesn't hit that much of regs flatting range here, I would tend to CB here. Fish could easily have a lot worse hands as draws/Tx hands and maybe even worse. The same goes for reg, who could also be calling with draws. With CBetting we might also get value from worse + protect + get a free card for river. Check/Folding directly might be a bit too weak without knowing the specific range of BB which he is flatting like that.

I agree w turn, maybe just a bit too thin, cuz some of the cards on board really block out a lot combo draw hands. As played my betsizing should be $6-7?

Yeah, I would make it a bit bigger ~$6 to protect from 1card FDs an maybe get value from worse pairs.