This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 TPTK resistance

• DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      NL5, Full ring.

Villain1 (4.66$)
      Villain2 (5.12$)
      Hero (4.90$)

Preflop:
      Hero dealt A :diamond: K :heart:
      Villain1 raises to 0.20$, 1 fold, villain2 calls, 4 fold, Hero calls, 2 fold

Flop (0.66$) : 8 :club: A :heart: 3 :spade:
      Villain1 bets 0.50$, villain2 folds, Hero calls

Turn (1.66$) : 5 :club:
      Villain1 bets 1$, Hero???

I have TPTK, but villain is showing a lot of strenght, he raised first... What is my action? He is an unknown player. I put him maybe on AA?
  • 6 replies
    • Roya1flush
      Roya1flush
      Bronze
      re-raise pre-flop to $0.60-$1

raise flop 3 times villains raise $1.50 (you have hit TP with TK so you should not be cold calling the flop )

If re-raised then i would push all in, if he has a set then its bad luck...

But this smells like a set...

If you not willing to get your money in playing AK when you hit the board then you should fold pre-flop..
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      Ok, let's say i raise preflop with AK to 1$. Two people call me. I dont hit anything on flop. What do i do next? If I am in or out of position?
    • Roya1flush
      Roya1flush
      Bronze
      On that bord in position i would raise, out of position a normal c-bet would be good enough to tell you where you stand...

what position was villain seating in?
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      First of all you have to 3bet preflop. On the flop you also have to raise him if he makes a 3bet I think I'm going broke vs. unknown.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Roya1flush
      re-raise pre-flop to $0.60-$1

raise flop 3 times villains raise $1.50 (you have hit TP with TK so you should not be cold calling the flop )

If re-raised then i would push all in, if he has a set then its bad luck...

But this smells like a set...

If you not willing to get your money in playing AK when you hit the board then you should fold pre-flop..

As played I would get stacked on the turn. Villain would lead here a lot worse hands AQ, AJ, AT, JJ, QQ, KK and I´m happy to put money in with tptk.
      Calling down is an option, but you probably loose money, since you could stack AQ, AJ.
      It´s also hard to put him on set, because NL 5 players tend to limp with small pp-s rather than open raise (or that is what they did on NL 10, haven´t played NL 5, but the players skills should be the same)
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      Thanks a bunch!

Now i will know how to play AK.