This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH AKs preflop

• Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Gold
      Everest - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: $1.24
      BTN: $0.52
      Hero (SB): $2.58
      BB: $1.97
      UTG: $2.59

Hero posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has K:diamond: A:diamond:

fold, CO raises to $0.07, fold, Hero calls $0.06, BB raises to $0.28, fold, Hero raises to $0.91, BB calls $0.63

CO is 55/32/4af on 24 hands, looks pretty aggro postflop
      BB is 41/11/2af over 30 hands, doesn't look like a very good player

i preferred to play CO postflop if i hit (even oop i think i could have reasonable chances of getting his stack) than to "speculate" preflop
      however the squeeze comes - then i think i only have two options, i fold or i come out alive YEAH!!
      i actually think fold was better, but i decided to play on for some reason which i don't consciously know. maybe the dead money and my "read" on BB

Flop: ($1.89, 2 players) 9:heart: 3:club: K:heart:
      Hero bets $1.67 and is all-in, BB calls $1.06 and is all-in
      thankfully this is easy - of course we don't 4bet AK to ever fold on such a hit and... on this board i guess there is no point in waiting
      [edit: now that i think about it, better to check and possibly let him "bluff" some QQ type of hand? maybe was not that easy i guess...]

Turn: ($4.01, 2 players) A:heart:

River: ($4.01, 2 players) 7:club:

Hero shows K:diamond: A:diamond: (Two Pair, Aces and Kings) (Pre 71%, Flop 81%, Turn 100%)
      BB shows J:club: K:club: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 29%, Flop 19%, Turn 0%)
      Hero wins $3.75

of course it worked this time (and my "read" on him not being too good luckily was spot on, even though i didn't have actual showdown examples), but i think i should have given him more credit...?
      like, he wasn't raising much at all, and then he squeezes?

[edit: fixed title, forgot to add hand name :f_zZz: ]
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tomaloc,

Preflop: I would just 3bet for value vs CO and his stack. :)

As played
      Postflop: Rather Check/Call it and let him bluff with his weaker hands, he wont have that many draws in his range and even with them he could still Bet.

Best Regards.