This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Crooks stay away!!

• firebullgr
      firebullgr
      Bronze
      So 1 month ago i was searching for a poker platform offering FDB to move my roll from pokerstars and boost it a bit...
      Checking the poker platform list here in ps.com i saw the 888 promos and FDB...
      Checked some google searches too and decided to deposit my money there...
      But being inexperienced i didnt pay attention to the details that really matter...
      So my list of complains and advices...

1)PS TRACK PROBLEM...When i joined there i did it through ps.com... The weird thing is i never got tracked... When i asked the support they told me i m not tracked and there was nothing i could do about it... I then thought fuck it i m staying for two weeks the most and i had my funds already transfered so i started playing...

2)VERY LOW RAKEBACK... Even with the FDB the rakeback was 22% and freerolls...
      Freerolls? Really? That was the solution to all my roll problems...
      Searching a lil deeper i found out that there are sites which offer 50%+ rakeback including the FDB...So why joining 888?

3)SUPPORT NOT EXISTING... U want support? Ofc they have support... 1-2 hours a day and u have to wait about 10-20 minutes to talk to them... And when u finally can have a conversation with them, they tell u to send a mail to the 888poker team or the trasfers team... AND WHY the F*** I HAD TO WAIT 20 MINUTES?

4)CROOKED WITHDRAWAL FEES... Oh yes... Italian mafia loanshark bussiness...
      From my partypoker-pokerstars experience noone charges so much for currency exchange... I mean i withdrew 760$ which was equal to 580euros and i only got 545euros... They charged me 35euros(50$)??? Thats 7-8% loss for me... I mean i dont understand... They charge me the rake and the currency exchange? I got 60$ from rakeback and i gave that money back for their fees... JESUS!!

So my advise to u?
      Dont step your foot(or better your cards) at this place...

Peace...
  • 5 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Played there for years and <3 it. Crap RB at micro/low stakes/volumes ofc, but you can't have everything.

There are sites where I think the moniker "crooks" legitimately applies, 888.com isn't one of them in my experience.

Good lesson there though to read the t&c before depositing.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Oh, unless you mean for crooks not to play there, which after some reflection I'm probably happy to +1.
    • firebullgr
      firebullgr
      Bronze
      Dont know mate...
      I took a look in 2+2 forum ....there were many ppl having the exact same complaints...
      If i were to advise someone in which room to deposit surely i wouldnt suggest this one...
      I mean the rakeback is so awfully small why you playing there...?
      The level of players is low though i did earn a couple of hundred $ but i really got tired of their lack of communication and withdrawal fees...
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Hi,

I've been playing on 888 off and on for over 2 years now and in that time have withdrawn over $2.5K. I've never been charged any fees that I could see (all my withdrawals have been to Moneybookers/Skril).

The rakeback at micro limits is pathetic but this is more than made up for by the very poor level of play. I have had months where I have been winning at >30BB/100. If you are only playing for rakeback then move elsewhere and get your 30% rakeback and a win rate of 2-3 BB/100.

Personally I prefer to make my money on the tables.

I have to agree that their support is pathetic and the vast majority of those I have been in contact with know nothing about poker.

Personally I like the software and the terrible level of play so that is why I play there.

GL
    • Relative18
      Relative18
      Bronze
      I play on 888 poker and i made some withdraws but they never steal for me , if you make deposit in $ and request withdraw in $ they shouldn't take you any fee cuz they dont need to convert money . With support well the support sucks very much they talk to you nice when you want to deposit but when you have some problems they don't care, but i still play there cuz player are very weak.