This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] QJo bottom 2 on a drow heavy board

• AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Gold
      Boss, $0.12/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $25.71 (102.8 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $25.25 (101 bb)
      SB: $33.77 (135.1 bb)
      BB: $24.86 (99.4 bb)
      MP: $27 (108 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J:diamond: T:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, SB calls $0.48, BB folds

Flop: ($1.45) T:heart: J:heart: A:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1, SB raises to $2.88, Hero calls $1.88

Turn: ($7.21) 7:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $4, Hero folds

Results: $7.21 pot ($0.37 rake)
      Final Board: T:heart: J:heart: A:club: 7:club:
      Hero mucked J:diamond: T:club: and lost (-$3.48 net)
      SB mucked and won $6.84 ($3.36 net)

SB is 25/16 over 85 hands. 13,6 3bet, 6 AF. He was playing on 2 of my tables. We had some dynamics. He is the same opponent form the KK hand where I 4bet him SBvsBB and ch/f AQxs board. He also bet/4bet/call TT UTG vs MP(me).

On the flop i bet for value. His raise is weird because he can`t have that much hands. I assume he is 3betting TT+, AJs+,KQs and maybe AJo,KQo. The problem is that i beat only bluffs with mu hand ( I doubt he is raising A2-A9 for value unless they are :heart: and he can`t have AQ+). Maybe 98s he decided to play aggressively OOP. And if i raise the flop he will probably fold everything worse and continue with hands that beat me or have very good equity. So i decided to call and see a turn.

The turn isn`t great (98 got there) but vs 1/2 pot bet and the dynamic i think i have to call here and probably call river that isn`t A/K/Q/ :heart: ?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello AchillesBG,

If I am calling the flop then I would most likely continue also on the turn with my hand rather than fold it. We can still reevaluate the river as well. Therefore with your play rather Bet/Fold the flop.

Best Regards.