This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl4 ATs iso

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Party
      SB ($3.13)
      BB ($3.71)
      UTG ($3.04)
      UTG+1 ($4)
      CO ($3.62)
      Hero ($4)

Dealt to Hero T:heart: A:heart:

UTG calls $0.04, fold, CO calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.16, CO calls $0.16

FLOP ($0.66) T:spade: 3:heart: 9:club:

UTG checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.48, UTG raises to $0.96, CO folds, Hero folds

UTG wins $1.54

villain is unknown but can i fold to this size raise? i folded because i expected more action on the turn and i dont want to do that while the board is dry anyway and there will probably be overcards by the river.
  • 5 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Imo, this is an excellent fold that will save you a lot of money in the long run.

c/r flop of your average micro-stakes player is very low. Usually means 2-pair or better, sometimes only sets.

Given this player is an unknown you should assume his check-raising range is 9T, 33, 99, + slowplayed JJ+. (If further info comes to light that he check-raises a ton, you can obviously flat and call down turn + river on good cards.)

As played, good fold. This is a fold that players don't make at the micro-stakes but should. You may be getting a good price, but your equity vs his range is terrible - and yes - likely he will barrel turn and river.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think it is closer than just b/f. If player had loose stats I would likely shoved. he has there 80bb so I don´t loose my whole stack to him, he can c/r sometimes with Tx hands, draws or just some random pp-s, like 88.
      Also players often like to slowplay their hands (especially on dry boards), so I don´t think he would always going to c/r his sets and most players should raise pf 99/TT

best regards,
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      i don't understand why a shove would be good in this spot? he isn't going to call with 22 and 44-88, MAYBE he will call with KQs or J8s with backdoor FDs. it's unlikely he has a T and even if he does is he calling a shove?? i don't understand turning the hand into a bluff especially here since he was so passive preflop something changed on the flop and now he is aggro. just seems im beaten so often.

although vs a very spewy villain i understand the shove. but i still think it's turning my TPTK into a bluff..
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      At these stakes I actually think a shove is terrible.

It might be ok at higher stakes vs looser opponent where villain actually HAS a check-raise semi-bluff/bluff range. Shoving here at micro stakes is big leak imo.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      At these stakes I actually think a shove is terrible.

It might be ok at higher stakes vs looser opponent where villain actually HAS a check-raise semi-bluff/bluff range. Shoving here at micro stakes is big leak imo.
      i agree after being at nl4-nl5 for so long i just don't understand the shove. as for higher stakes i can't say anything about that :D