This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl2 hitting the flush on the river.

• foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $2.51
      SB:
      $1.98
      BB:
      $2.13
      UTG2:
      $3.02
      MP1:
      $2.00
      MP2 (Hero):
      $2.02
      MP3:
      $1.00
      CO:
      $2.02

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T, 9.
      MP3 posts deadblind, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.02, MP3 checks, 3 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.07) J, 3, 6 (3 players)
      BB bets $0.04, Hero raises to $0.09, MP3 folds, BB calls $0.05.

Turn: ($0.25) 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.25) Q (2 players)
      BB bets $0.12, Hero ???
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello foulkezboyz,

Preflop: Rather isolate yourself than limp in those hands. Of course we have a dead-blind poster but we are going to be OOP.

As played
      Postflop: Raise it for thin value on the river. :)

Best Regards.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Bronze
      What about the raise on the flop? Why not just call and give MP3 a chance to call?

The raise size is also small.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      What about the raise on the flop? Why not just call and give MP3 a chance to call?

The raise size is also small.
      Raising is totally fine there, why would it be even wrong if we know that we might even make a lot better hands to fold. A lot of PPs/Ace high/maybe even King high or whatsoever could be leading. But could do a bit bigger.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Bronze
      Overall I do like the idea of semi-bluffing flop with a FD but my concern is that its NL 2. Lately at these low limits NL 2- NL 10 I always try to play my draws passively as people call down loser and might even call a bluff raise from me here. Do you think I'm being a bit result oriented in making this adjustment?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      Overall I do like the idea of semi-bluffing flop with a FD but my concern is that its NL 2. Lately at these low limits NL 2- NL 10 I always try to play my draws passively as people call down loser and might even call a bluff raise from me here. Do you think I'm being a bit result oriented in making this adjustment?
      Most likely just result oriented. And as I said we should already be more aggressive preflop than limp it in, if we want to play those hands.