This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH AJ 4b preflop

• Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Silver
      Hello!

I know that the flop is good for cbeting, but the problem is that I think that Kx is quite big part of his 3b/calling range (especially AK).. I don't expect him to call with suited connectors or pocket pairs that often... In addition, he rarely folds to cbets so I don't want to bluff him..

BB: 19/12/58/27/33/7,0/116 (VPIP/PFR/FvST/3BvST/FvFCB/AF/H)

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      Prima
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($10.26) 103bb
      CO ($8.64) 86bb
      BTN ($9.37) 94bb
      Alleen86 (SB) ($10.75) 108bb
      BB ($18.53) 185bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Alleen86 is SB J:diamond: A:spade:
      3 folds, Alleen86 raises to $0.30, BB raises to $0.90, Alleen86 raises to $2.45, BB calls $1.55

Flop: 6:spade: 2:heart: K:club: ($4, 2 players)
      Alleen86 checks, BB bets $3.25, Alleen86 folds

Final Pot: $7.25

BB wins $7.91 (net +$3.11)

Alleen86 lost $2.45
  • 5 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      sure, why not. :f_biggrin: i'd make it like 2.22 though

i think this is a good flop to fire a cbet of like $1.50 and give up. our perceived range is very strong and he may fold QQ- type of hands
      if you think that's not going to happen or his flatting range has a ton of traps then c/f is fine.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      I actually disagree.

He doesn't have any worse hands that pay you off or better hands folding. That just smacks his range. Even against TT/JJ/QQ your not in great shape and with a ftcb of 33 he's not letting go easily.

I'd c/f. But if you do cb it'd make it ~$1.5-2
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      we just want him to fold preflop. :f_biggrin:

even if we're ahead of his 3betting range it's going to be tough to play it properly postflop.
      postflop whether he folds to a cbet on this board is not that much connected with how much he has been folding on normal raised pots. he just can't continue with a lot worse there if he has any idea of what he's doing, i expect him to have a lot of traps though
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      even if we're ahead of his 3betting range it's going to be tough to play it properly postflop.
      postflop whether he folds to a cbet on this board is not that much connected with how much he has been folding on normal raised pots. he just can't continue with a lot worse there if he has any idea of what he's doing, i expect him to have a lot of traps though
      That's true. Although I'd still expect him to float with TT-QQ a good percentage of the time... Espc when he has position on us.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

With AJ you might easily just raise/call pf- sure you´re often dominated, but if he is 3-betting any Ax hands, then more likely you dominate over his weak Ax hands. If you want to 4-bet bluff then it is also fine, but that case you should c-bet flop- very often players would put you automatically AK and would fold their 88-QQ hands, also they might call you all sort of Ax hands or suited connectors that all missed, but since you can´t really c/c him down I think taking at least one stab would be more profitable than c/f

best regards,