Introduction? why not

• ShutterBug
      ShutterBug
      Bronze
      Hi,

You can call me ShutterBug, why the name? I decided as choosing a name was so time consuming to name myself after the song I was listening to lol.

I am looking to improve my PLO cash, as I have decided it should be my main game - besides dealing with PLO variance must improve dealing everyday life experiences :P

So I have joined the PLO group (hope it active) to learn as much as I possibly can to hopefully push me up the levels, or just improve my emotions hehe. I posted this introduction as I know it will push me to try harder and motivate me. So here we go.
  • 7 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey ShutterBug,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com, which song does it come from :D , youtube linkkkkkkkk pls :)

Interesting that your are playing PLO, are you a beginner to poker or already mastered No Limit Holdem and have moved into a more degen gfame?

I'm pretty new to PLO, could you give me 3 cool tips for a NL noob? :P

Thanks
      Patrick
    • ShutterBug
      ShutterBug
      Bronze
      link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWsvkW6rKkQ

Definitely not mastered NL, however I did use to multi-table on stars 14-18 usually. The sole reason I play PLO now is because: I hate that I feel am better than tourneys than at cash, I know that sounds stupid. I still play one night a week live NL but its only a pub thing, what can i say i like the free glass trophy when you beat the season. This said I am no poker expert and have a long, long way to go. However with PLO I can play less tables without being bored and trying to force myself to focus on improving my game.

My 3 PLO rules are:

1) Variance sucks, so embrace it. If you loose your stack on when you are "crushing" spot to a fish don't scream or yell. Simply pray that fishy doesn't A) Leave before you can put him in a bad spot, B) donate the stack to the others first. Which leads to 2)

2) If you start to tilt, feel it, know its taking your hand right now. Take a few breaths and learn from it. See what the worst poker you play looks like. For example I know that even when I tilt I still have a decent call/raise/3bet/push range preflop. However I also know that if I'm having a really bad time I will call on the river when I know its marginal/-EV (but hey I'm working on it).

3) Be patient, play what you know and don't overvalue hands like bottom set, underful, most people never fold full houses in micros. Tell yourself what your hand is; multiway or hu hand. Wait for a sample size of hands large enough and then figure out if its your game or a bad run.

But then Patrick, I guess you would already know those lol. Thanks for the warm welcome though (sorry for the wall of text).
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi Shutterbug and welcome!

May I suggest, since you seem very motivated, that you start a blog also? I see you're in the PLO group and this would be a great way to get even more discussion going and receive lot's of professional feedback as well. It's also a fun thing to do! :)
      I can't suggest much for plo, I rarely play and am usueless and spewy when I do. :D

Have fun and run on the hot side of it all!

Mal.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Thanks for the tips buddy!
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ShutterBug

I am looking to improve my PLO cash, as I have decided it should be my main game - besides dealing with PLO variance must improve dealing everyday life experiences :P

Weeeeee me to, such an awesome game why hold 2 cards when you can hold 4 :D which site are you playing PLO at? Thinking of starting on a new site myself. Will see you around the forums my friend

Good luck PLOwning ;)
    • ShutterBug
      ShutterBug
      Bronze
      @gadget51: I am hoping to do this but as I found a flaw in my fundementals the other night I am rereading PLO theory and testing myself on it to make sure it goes in. I doubt any one would like to read about that, however I will blog when I start playing more.

@pleno1 - You're welcome :P Liked the photo of you playing omaha on one of your blogs btw lol

@ExternalUseOnly - Playing iPoker & Stars. Kind of think I should stick to stars long term for traffic reasons but my stars is not linked here so that sucks :(

anyway thanks for all the warm welcomes!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly

Good luck PLOwning ;)
      I see what you did there! Nice :D

Good luck to you ShutterBug :)