This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR 190912 - hero bluffing

• faronel
      faronel
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (BB): $10.06
      UTG: $21.03
      UTG+1: $10.15
      MP: $10.15
      MP+1: $13.80
      CO: $19.20
      BTN: $10.63
      SB: $10.45

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10, CO posts DB $0.15

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero has 7:diamond: J:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.50, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.60, CO raises to $4.20, Hero raises to $10.06 and is all-in, CO calls $5.86

Flop: ($20.22, 2 players) 9:heart: 8:spade: 4:heart:

Turn: ($20.22, 2 players) 3:diamond:

River: ($20.22, 2 players) 3:spade:

CO shows Q:heart: Q:club: (Two Pair, Queens and Threes)
      Hero mucks 7:diamond: J:diamond: (One Pair, Threes)
      CO wins $19.22

Villain: 25/14/2 - 691h; fold to 3bet 85%, 4bet 4%
      Notes on villain: always raises after posting/double-posting his blinds and 4betted twice when faced 3b.
      I 3bet for steal here and when villain took some time and 4bet me, I was almost ready to fold, but then I got this stupid itchy feeling that maybe he is overbluffing me. I took some time to think, grabbed my balls from the floor and pressed "allin". The villain took his entire timebank to think and on the very last second pressed "call". I sure feel stupid right now, but at least I am not making this mistake on NL10 again. :f_mad:
  • 2 replies
    • Samboro
      Samboro
      Bronze
      Hi faronel,

I play 10nl RF like yourself. One thing I have never done is 5bet bluff someone. Not because I haven't had the opportunity, but because I think its just a unprofitable play to make (at 10nl). Sure there are some OK players who may lay hands down when they are 5bet, however, on the whole if someone is 4betting, I think they are very inclined to call a 5bet/shove.

Also, with a 4% 4bet percentage, that is quite standard right? That to me wouldn't suggested he 4bets light frequently?

Edit: Also he is folding to a lot to 3bets. I think 3bet bluffing is ok as he folds a lot. But when he doesn't give up you know its something pretty good and when he decided to put more money in rather than just call, I would be pretty worried.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I really doubt he would open 5x, then put in 42bb and after that fold to shove. Against 5bb raise I would just folded J7s or if that is his standard raise then I don´t mind your 3-bet squeeze (although if he likes to 4-bet back I would rather wait real hand). After his 4-bet you should have 0% fold equity so only correct move should be fold

NL 10 I also have never 5-bet bluffshoved
      NL 25 I tried bluffshove K6s once SB vs BU, but run into AK, so until you have very certain read that player is 4-bet bluffing then I would not really recommend start 5-bet shoving marginal hands

best regards,