This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 98s sh

• jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      0 hands

Should I be isolating against limpers with mid suited connecotrs and suited Aces IP?

I don't think it's really too much ahead of their range, if any. But isolating and throwing a cbet at limpers seems to be pretty damn profitable.

PokerStars - $0.10 NL (6 max) ZOOM - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $5.43
      SB: $22.93
      BB: $6.91
      UTG: $4.65
      Hero (MP): $12.20
      CO: $10.00

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 9:diamond: 8:diamond:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB checks

Flop: ($0.25, 2 players) J:club: 4:heart: 8:spade:
      BB checks, UTG bets $0.20, fold

UTG wins $0.24
  • 2 replies
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Silver
      i would iso decent suited Aces and then T9s/JTs +
      i think 98s is close as villains will limp call with lots of hands that dominate our 8/9
      but yes i would agree that isoing limpers/cbetting is extremely profitable
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      you usually want to be isolating limpers wide in position. you have skill advantage + position advantage + initiative advantage :heart:

of course the more info you have on the limper the more profitably you can adapt, but in general against unknown isolating and cbetting a lot of flops is a good idea as they mostly want to see a lot of flops and will fold when they miss. (which happens often)

so against a fully stacked limper i'm definitely isolating a lot of suited connectors and suited aces.
      what makes this closer is that he is broken stacked which reduces your maneuvering room postflop. but i guess i'd still isolate anyway :f_biggrin: