This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

What happend to Veriz

• pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Sikac
      LOL:

Should we be impressed. Articles are all way old. Well, guess you guys arent the only site providing videos. IMO modest opinion the only thing that differs you from other sites is HE forum. Not discussion since they can be also found anywhere else. It is all about HE. If you dont have HE at least for me(someone who is willing to improve) you are no better then other sites. Where re you better then all sites? Because you have vids :D
      Hey,

It's been spoke about before, but we are actually working on our articles intensively at the moment.

We have recently been designing some beginner articles that are very "current" and a really good winning strategy where new players can come and implement straight away. Whilst it is sometimes hard when my Swedish colleagues advocate opening K10 utg "because its sooted" we are actually working on really cool ways to present our beginner content.

As far as advanced articles go, from December and then January onwards, we will be releasing content that is IMO the very best on the internet and bringing an approach to poker that hasn't even been touched yet.

Of course these things can't be done overnight, but again I promise we are working around the clock to ensure the quality of our articles, videos, coachings and evaluations are of the highest order.

Like I said previously the poker school of PokerStrategy.com is working very efficiently at the moment and ideas that we are trying to bring to you guys aren't only educational but also very very entertaining.

Please give us the chance, on Monday there will be a very very cool project that we will release. We will also change the name of the evaluation forums to "discussion" forums, and this will not just be words, it will be action. Further in the week we will release a way where people can LEARN TOGETHER.

If what I say doesn't materialise then please feel free to post another thread here called "pleno1 lied" but AS A VALUED MEMBER WHO CONTRIBUTES TO OUR STRATEGY AREA please give us the faith and we will repay it with great quality content.

edit: In case I wasn't clear, every hand will be evaluated as normal but we will preach a more discussion mentality.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Posted at the same time :D
      See my post at the end of page 1
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Dublimax
      Hi Patrick!

Since you mentioned the hand evaluation board in your previous post I'll take the opportunity to tell you what I think about it and couple of general points about how to improve PS.

In my opinion, PS has a huge leak: coaches are not involved in the community. You have the video producers on one hand that produce videos and you have the hand judges on the other hand. So many video producers have almost never posted in the forums (apart in their blogs)

I can see that some coaches are posting sometimes in the No Limit Advanced Discussions and maybe in the NL 0.5/1 hand evaluation board (don't know since I don't have access but when I did they were not active). But this is way too seldom.

You are saying that the hands posted should be discussed rather than judged (which I very much agree) but without the input of coaches (with es) the discussions often end up not being super constructive especially at micro stakes.

Quick example: lately I posted a hand here and on DC. I got a proper discussion going on on DC with more than 80 posts with 2 well respected coaches taking part (posting many times) whereas here I got couple of answers from members and only 1 from a coach that didn't fully answer my question.

I think you should ask coaches to post way more and be part of the forum. I know on DC they are asked to do it. That way you get more value from your coaches and get cool discussions going on. That would def bring more life to this forum.
      Hey Max,

Absolutely agree, you're mentality is spot on.

Without going into huge detail there are actually coaches who we have parted ways because of their lack of activity in the community. I think a main reason of this was because we had a lot of coaches who were very independent and brought into the community rather than other sites who were made by friends together and all had the common goal.

Whilst bringing in coaches from other sites and players that are impressive on 2p2 can be very good for the quality of the content, we also understand and believe we should also look within the community for guys who can make content. If we have so many members who have watched our videos I'm sure we can find guys who can actually make videos themselves. EmanuelC16 for example is the perfect example.

Again I think you misinterpretated me, the hands in the evaluation forums WILL be evaluated, every one will be evaluated by a coach, but the mentality will be more discussion than evaluation. We professionally evaluate (make sure every hand is evaluated) more hands than any other site in the world and I would never want to change that, its just a slight emphasis on the mentality that will change.

I think many members coming to the forum may see 15 hands on the first page and see 1 reply to every one with a tick and a "evaluated by Pleno1" and be unmotivated to post, or even question if they are allowed to post.

Going back to your point about coach contribution I also think coaches starting threads themselves and provoking discussion is very important too.

Think about what makes a good training site! Videos are everywhere. That's not enough anymore! People are expecting a lot more nowadays which is normal since there are many training sites out there.

You need to find smart ways to make this forum attractive!
      Absolutely and that is exactly what we are working on right now.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Hey guys,

Yes it is disapointing that Veriz is not hand evaluating anymore.

This does not mean we want to cut back on costs or not bring new people to PokerStrategy.com

Over the last few months we have brought

lnternet All Star Game/
      Melanie Weisner High Stakes review
      Rupert Elder How to win in MTT's
      James Keys The Importance of Balance
      Oblioo An Aggro 500NL Session
      Emanuelc16 Knowing me, Knowing you
      Kevin Williams Take the target
      Jamie Burland Take the target
      imfromsweden

All to our coaching team. These are not cut backs, these are the best players in the world at their games.

Our goal moving forward for the hand evaluation boards are to make them discussion boards, people learn from discussion a lot more than evaluation and we will be looking for a lot of hand discussion.

From Monday the boards will be re-named Hand Discussions Boards where we massively promote and value in depth discussions. We started implementing this with higher stakes discussion. http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1638 (possibly my favorite board now )

We will also launch another big promotion on Monday which will be both educational and community building.

As in any company when such influential people such as Veriz (who has performed heroically over the last 2 years) leave, there is going to be disappointment, but I can wholeheartedly promise that content including videos, articles and hand evaluations will improve with our new vision.

I recently moved to the English Poker school with the job of trying to make our content as satisfying as possible. Our plans for hand evaluations, videos and coachings are very advance and we have a very strong team full of poker players who know what poker players want working on a daily basis making sure that the future of PokerStrategy.com is very bright. For those of you who know me personally, when I want to do something I don't do it half heartedly. My passion is in this community and I am positive we will succeed.

So basically message @all is judge us on how we perform not how you expect us to perform including looking at the guys who have joined the team in balance with the guys who have unfortunately left.
      Just to confirm to everybody if I wasn't clear in my above posts. We will not be changing the hand evaluation forum in terms of what it already does. If you post a hand it will be evaluated with at least the same response time and at least the same quality.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Looking forward to seeing the new content!

Another point I forgot to mention:
      I agree with you that coaches from the community like emanuelC16 is great. In general coaches that members respect, identify themselves to or even admire is fantastic value for ps. So while it is cool to have new good coaches it is also very important that ps keeps his more valuable coaches which you failed to do lately.

Obviously i know nothing about the reasons why some coaches are not with us anymore, it is just something that u have to keep in mind I think.

Max
    • double2
      double2
      Bronze
      That idea of coaches posting themselves hands for discussion seems great to me.
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze

Just to confirm to everybody if I wasn't clear in my above posts. We will not be changing the hand evaluation forum in terms of what it already does. If you post a hand it will be evaluated with at least the same response time and at least the same quality.
      We'll wait and see, but I think that's very unlikely.

This is very disappointing. From my perspective, Veriz is Pokerstrategy. I've read the strategy articles, watch videos, attend live coachings when I can. While I enjoy all and all are are helpful. Without a doubt Veriz at the HE forums (and HE coaching) have been the most helpful to me. And it's not even close.

First he's gone from the coachings (where there has been no replacement to go with Bogdan in Sunday's HE coachings and now looks like there will not be a replacement) and now he's gone from probably the most important part of PS for those looking to put effort in and improve their poker. This hurts PS's future BIG rake generators the hardest.

I hope PS actually did some math and worked out if not being able to keep him is actually +EV for them. Personally, this will slow my development down and no doubt the future rake that I generate for PS. Multiply this by all the other ambitious players here and PS may have made a very, very silly move not trying harder to keep Veriz.

Also, I don't know much about other affiliates, but not having Veriz here is a weighing factor on whether I choose PS or try out a different affiliate in the future when signing up to a poker room. Hell, if Veriz did go to a different affiliate, I'd almost certainly sign up with them.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi Jules,

Thanks for your post. I understand your points and I am sorry that you think it will effect you in this way.

Originally posted by jules97

I hope PS actually did some math and worked out if not being able to keep him is actually +EV for them. Personally, this will slow my development down and no doubt the future rake that I generate for PS. Multiply this by all the other ambitious players here and PS may have made a very, very silly move not trying harder to keep Veriz.
      I can't and won't go into details about why any member leaves our team as that is of course confidential information. I do know that when Veriz spoke to the member in our team regarding the situation it was told that the door is certainly not closed and it never will be.

Thanks again for you feedback, it is always appreciated.
      Patrick
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by double2
      That idea of coaches posting themselves hands for discussion seems great to me.
      Yep, its part of our vision for a hand discussion mentality and it is already happening in numerous forums atm.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      @max

FR88 bottom set

This is what I mean about the kind of mentality I want to promote in the evaluation boards. So still evaluation but actually making the user think more about the hand too. We obviously need a larger team to guarantee a high quality service.

It also doesn't have to be a "long" post

FR50 KQ TP against fish monochrome

FR50 AK 4bet pot
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      Looking forward to seeing the new content!

Another point I forgot to mention:
      I agree with you that coaches from the community like emanuelC16 is great. In general coaches that members respect, identify themselves to or even admire is fantastic value for ps. So while it is cool to have new good coaches it is also very important that ps keeps his more valuable coaches which you failed to do lately.

Obviously i know nothing about the reasons why some coaches are not with us anymore, it is just something that u have to keep in mind I think.

Max
      Can't agree more.
      Almost all of your recruitment coach/video producers recently are suck. Yes, they are much more famous than our "home made" coaches. Yes, they might be more competent than our home made coaches.....but all of them do not communicate with us well.

They do not have a blog here. Or rarely update their blog. We can't ask them some more detailed things.
      IMO,
      mbml, twice, Manu, Hasenbraten, veriz, etc >>>>>>> jungleman, leatherass, moshman, etc
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Patszerdonk,

Leatherass, CollinMoshman actually both have blogs. Aaron Lambert, myself, Emanuel, MBML, Lessthanthree, Datsmahname, Kyyberi, Schnitzelfisch, Braminc to name a few all have blogs.

I mentioned in a previous post to Dublimax that we are actually very certain that we want home made coaches and will continue to do this with Emanuel and others in the upcoming months.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Just again regarding the evaluation/discussion topic.

Whilst we will always "evaluate" the hands, its not always possible to give a "right" answer and forcing answers rather than making the user think about a question is wrong.

Lets use this case:

SH25 FF 3bet pot barrel spazout

In the hand I don't tell him if he should or should not bet the river, I explain my reasonings about perhaps changing something about his line and we engage in a discussion here rather than.

"Don't bet river, he probably has a flush and won't fold"
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Bronze
      Some really great ideas ITT.

OFC I regret to hear Veriz is leaving us but it sounds like there are some very good things to come :)

Especially like the idea of promoting more discussion in the HE forum.

Keep us informed Pleno! :D
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by dannywratten
      Some really great ideas ITT.

OFC I regret to hear Veriz is leaving us but it sounds like there are some very good things to come :)

Especially like the idea of promoting more discussion in the HE forum.

Keep us informed Pleno! :D
      Hey Danny,

Thanks for the words. Of course giving information to you guys and little teasers and tips on whats coming up is essential and getting feedback from you guys on a regular basis is super important to us. We are trying to give you the very best content possible, its probably best we ask you what you want first right ;)

Looking forward to debating in the strategy forums with you.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      +1 to the idea of encouraging more discussion in the hand forums (I'm saying this as a frequent poster, rather than coach). Understanding what factors to consider when reaching a poker decision is more important than just being told the answer. I'd go as far as to say that knowing whether river is a call or fold is much less useful than understanding how to reach a decision on the river, when villain bets.

I'll be sorry to see Veriz go too, but you can't and shouldn't stop someone from pursuing their dream. I say best of luck and thanks so much for working so hard for us the last couple of years.
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      I'm sorry to see Veriz go, the guy was a boss. Maybe he's just reached a stage where he's putting too much time in to PS and needs a change.

However, I read a lot of posts and threads by Pleno, and I think as long as he is involved here, the site is only going to get better.

I definitely would like more discussion in the eval forums. I prefer to talk through my reasoning, listen to what others have to say and actually think it through numerous times rather than just have someone say "should fold"

I think people learn through discussion, and discussing the thought process is much more likely to help someone improve rather than "Coach X evaluated a hand like this for me.... what did he say.... eh i can't remember and i'm not really sure how to make this decision"

The important part of poker is being able to think for yourself and base your actions around the situation. More discussion should really help
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jules97
      If you post a hand it will be evaluated with at least the same response time and at least the same quality.[/B]
      We'll wait and see, but I think that's very unlikely.
      I pretty much have to agree with jules97. Pleno, I really think you are one of the best in the game so I have much respect for you and for what you do for PS, I can't give any bad criticism to you. It will never be the same though and even you can't really fix it.

Veriz had his unique judging style, always to the point, asking questions, nice written (capitals, bold..).. I think many people just love his style and that's something that nobody can replace. I've also seen that kaitz and bogdan commented on some hands recently and Veriz had to correct a lot of there comments. There is just some trust fading a way, you understand?

I have to thanks Veriz though for keeping his hard work up for 2 years! As I said be4 to him, lots and lots of respect!
    • franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      @pleno1

There are more issues than that. One thing for example the coaching tab is dead. For Gold+ members there is only Benjo coaching and honestly it isn't a really good one.

You could easily do this once a week, same for Internet or Imfromsweaden cause we need something for Holdem. Now we have only one coaching for nl100 with Benjo (who sometimes have some questionable moves).

Same from videos. For nl 6-max for Gold+ members there were 2 vids this month and last month there were 5 :s_evil: . So Pleno1 please stop claiming it is ok and how many coaches you have if there is no content at all. It is getting worse and worse.
      Your claims how cool and great it is is just bulshit. It is bad, really bad.
      Now there is promotion for Party Poker so I play via pokerstrategy but there is really nothing for me to stay with pokerstrategy when the promotion ends.
      So please do something with this.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      When will you let us know why Veriz stopped please? What the problem was...