This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH - QJo: draw vs MSS

• Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Bronze
      24/23/7.1
      59% steal from BU
      77% fold vs 3bet
      89% cbet flop
      66% fold vs raise cbet flop
      46% cbet turn
      61% fold vs raise cbet turn
      52% wwsf
      24% wtsd
      12k hands

SB: $39.34 (157.4 bb)
      Hero (BB): $25 (100 bb)
      UTG: $17.87 (71.5 bb)
      MP: $34 (136 bb)
      CO: $13.15 (52.6 bb)
      BTN: $11.14 (44.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:spade: Q:diamond:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.62, SB folds, Hero calls $0.37

Flop: ($1.34) 9:heart: 7:diamond: T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.25, Hero

First thing i think i this board with my hand against a MSS with this stats is to c/c c/rai, but that size in the cbet puts me uncomfortable :evil:
      Whats your play here?
      Agree with the flat preflop?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Lunitis,

Preflop: QJo can be both a call or a 3-bet preflop. Considering that he cbets so much and then folds to raises I would also call and play aggressively postflop. I'd actually call with a very wide range and play this way.

The one thing we have to keep in mind preflop is that the 3-bet will show a profit. The only question is if the flat can show a bigger profit, and this all depends on how you play versus him.

Flop: Considering that he is short he will get the money in lighter here.

With that being said I still feel that he will have a lot of garbage cbetting this and hands that can bet/fold (like a 9x, 7x, etc).

I wouldn't necessarily like to c/c and c/raise because villain may check the turn a lot once we call here (his double barrel isn't that high). So because of that I don't mind ck/raising this flop.