This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - A8o

• TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      iPoker - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP: $16.54
      CO: $9.77
      Hero (BTN): $10.00
      SB: $6.06
      BB: $8.24
      UTG: $9.41

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 8:spade: A:heart:

fold, fold, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, fold, CO calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.95, 2 players) J:heart: T:diamond: 6:club:
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.60, CO calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.15, 2 players) 6:diamond:
      CO checks, Hero checks

River: ($2.15, 2 players) T:heart:
      CO bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

CO shows 5:heart: Q:heart: (Two Pair, Tens and Sixes) (Pre 39%, Flop 27%, Turn 14%)
      Hero shows 8:spade: A:heart: (Two Pair, Tens and Sixes) (Pre 61%, Flop 73%, Turn 86%)
      Hero wins $3.32

Villain was pretty loose pre flop, playing 64/17 over ~60 hands. That's what made me iso raise pre flop, because even if I would get called, I would have position against a bad player against which I would probably take it down pretty often with a cbet. I need to win about 25% of the time, and I think he'll be bluffing often enough here to make this a profitable call.

Hopefully I analyzed this correctly, because I'm just not 100% sure :)

When he calls I obviously have to slow down, but when he bets small on the river, it just feels very weak. I think he can bet a lot of busted draws or random floats here to steal the pot cheaply, and if he has A high as well at least I'm splitting.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Tino,

Preflop: looks good.

Flop: We have the best hand here some amount of the time and he can even fold better hands so I would cbet. We can expect all broadways to call.

Turn: The 6 is a blank, Tx, Jx won't really fold and draws don't fold either so checking back is fine.

River: Villain can have a T but he is most likely betting a Jx or nothing. He rarely has 77-99. Since the bet is small and can still have bluffs (Q9, KQ, etc) I would call as well.