This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl5 sh AKs BU 3bet

• noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      MP: $6.32 (126.4 bb)
      CO: $7.67 (153.4 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $7.47 (149.4 bb)
      SB: $9.92 (198.4 bb)
      BB: $5 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K:spade: A:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, SB raises to $0.50, BB folds, Hero calls $0.35

Flop: ($1.05) Q:heart: 4:heart: 2:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.55, Hero folds

stats opp : 23/17/AF 1,8/3bet SB 12,5(40)/cbet 61/343 hands

Preflop: i call cause we are kind of deepish and i dont want to go broke pre .So i called IP .
      Flop : its better to call at least one street cause he is cbeting all of his range in the Qxx board ?
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Noulispa,

Preflop: This deep I don't mind simply calling here. 4-bet/shoving is a bit light without much info/history and since he seems to 3-bet a lot we can keep in a lot of his dominated range.

Flop: IF he is an aggressive player I don't like calling just one street. If we had a backdoor flush it gets better because there are 10 more cards that can help us on the turn.

In spots like this we can also try a small bluff raise if we expect him to cbet a lot (which I would). If we call, we have to consider playing more than just the flop.
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Noulispa,

Preflop: This deep I don't mind simply calling here. 4-bet/shoving is a bit light without much info/history and since he seems to 3-bet a lot we can keep in a lot of his dominated range.

Flop: IF he is an aggressive player I don't like calling just one street. If we had a backdoor flush it gets better because there are 10 more cards that can help us on the turn.

In spots like this we can also try a small bluff raise if we expect him to cbet a lot (which I would). If we call, we have to consider playing more than just the flop.

on the flop folding its also fine or to weak ?