This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Verre's Very Terrible Poker Blog

• Verre
      Verre
      Silver
      And a note for the end of the day. Just came in second in a Badugi tournament. Was literally a final table, but only 46 regged so it doesn't really count. Came in second for only 45 bucks. Nice to know I play well in a lot of games not just no limit. Also made a strong cash in a PLO tourny today which adds to my point.
    • Verre
      Verre
      Silver
      I figure wth all these posts I mise well throw up a graph for the last 6 days. I will be missing 2 Badugi final tables, 1 cash in a PLO, and 1 deep run in an 8 man due to being played on my laptop. I will also be missing 20 dollars or so of losses from tournys on my phone.

All in all theres about 150 dollars of profit missing. Also 100 dollars of the profit went to my buddy who had 20%.

Roughly $1400 profit in 6 days.
    • Verre
      Verre
      Silver
      I'm thinking of doing a 10k in 1000 Mtt challenge. Timeline might be a bit longer than most due to work picking up and my child being 3 days old.

This will be even more difficult considering my average buying will probubly be about ~$8 so a plus 100% roi will be needed.

I do think this is a good challenge for me because I do good with shorter term goals. Also I have a solid bankroll now and this makes me a bit complacent, I need a goal to shoot for.

Obviously making $10 a tournament is impossible so I will need a few bigger scores along the way. The nice thing about the lower stakes tournaments is that players on average are terrible. This allows or a early tight strategy where you will get paid off with big hands and a loose blind attacking strategy later on when people are afraid to play anything but fold/shove with 15-30bbs.

Hopefully I'll make a big score in the micro millions and hopefully a mini ftops will show up on the horizon. I'll be done this before scoop starts :(
    • Verre
      Verre
      Silver
      First day in a nut shell.

Poker Stars No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t15.00/t30.00 Blinds - 6 players - View hand 1994130
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: t3235.00 107.83 BBs
      Hero (MP): t3920.00 130.67 BBs
      CO: t2980.00 99.33 BBs
      BTN: t2955.00 98.50 BBs
      SB: t2445.00 81.50 BBs
      BB: t3000.00 100 BBs

Pre Flop: (t45) Hero is MP with T :diamond: T :spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to t90, CO calls t90, BTN calls t90, 2 folds

Flop: (t315) 7 :heart: 5 :diamond: 4 :spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets t180.00, CO raises to t420, BTN folds, Hero raises to t3830, CO calls t2470 all in

Turn: (t6095) Q :diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t6095) 3 :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: t6095
      Hero shows T :diamond: T :spade:
      CO shows 3 :diamond: 3 :heart:
      CO wins t6095.00
    • Verre
      Verre
      Silver
      Ugh I should just stop trying to record any type of poker plan. Everytime I do things turn to crap instantly. I'm currently on a 21 tournament streak of not cashing, and I'm getting some stupid sick spots.

Against super grinder "Uaredead lol" I squeeze after he calls a minraise deep in a $11 a few spots away from the money. We are both deep and in the top 20 spots of the tournament.

Original raiser folds and Uaredead lol calls. Flop is AQT and I hold TT. He check shoves 2x the pot and I snap call to see him table KQo?????? At this point I'm like "wtf is he thinking there", of course turn is a J and I cant resuck.

I've run bottom sets into overpairs 3 times just to have them turn into better trips, I've shoved a made flush on a turn only to get called by the T of the suit and have a 4th flush come. Its been gross as hell and I'm thinking of just ending posting overall. I'm like 250 down after 21 tournaments. So sick.

Edit: Oh yeah, my HM wont record any hands from tournaments atm either, always great when that happens. This is keeping me from rage spamming hands at least.
    • meepwn
      meepwn
      Bronze
      Ugh I should just stop trying to record any type of poker plan. Everytime I do things turn to crap instantly. I'm currently on a 21 tournament streak of not cashing, and I'm getting some stupid sick spots.

yeah, I've noticed that too. Every time I make an ambitious blog post or a brag post, EVERY SINGLE TIME a downswing starts :f_biggrin:

btw 20 tournaments is not that much. At least the doomswitch will be over before the micromillions :s_biggrin:
    • Verre
      Verre
      Silver
      I wish the doomswitch ended. 3rd largest stack with 16 left last night and I hold 88 against a MP raise. I 3b and am called. Flop comes 666 and I bet when checked too. Turn is a 3 and I get check shoved on. I decide to call off and see AK. River 6.

Needless to say I'm frusterated. Going to take a break till Thursday when the micro mills starts.
    • Verre
      Verre
      Silver

Dominated this tournament when it got down to 36. Was good to feel in control.
    • Verre
      Verre
      Silver

And shortly after chopped heads up tournament. We agreed after the chop to shove our first hands, my A3o couldn't hold against his T7o :( But thats ok, we split even and I'm confident I have a large edge in any heads up tournament. I just wanted to lock in the 1k profit on the day.
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      uaredead is notoriously spewy. Who cares if you dont cash in 16 straight mtt's you needs firsts to be a long term winner. Was Screwing around and found this

Thats my 0-6$ graph with a abi of 4.46$. Kinda stoped by a 225 buyin downswing. If it can happen to me it can happen to you just a warning be realistic with your goals.
    • Verre
      Verre
      Silver
      Oh yeah dude your a better player than me. The thing with me is I 1-4 table usually rebuy tournys which gives a ton of play and deeper structure. Not cashing in long stretches feels worse for me because I get my edge from sucking every ounce of edge I have by not multi tabling.

Your just a machine who's game is most definately better than mine in a vaccuum but unlike me you have the capability to play a much larger amoun of tables at a time profitably.

I kind of look at it as if I was grinding the live circuit. There's maybe 3-4 tournaments at each stop and you better be showin profit at a much higher average than guys pushing smaller edges playing hundreds of tournaments a day online.

Needless to say I hit the 1k profit mark today after 112 tournaments. Behind schedual but still pleased with today's 2 victories in a day
    • Verre
      Verre
      Silver
      Ahh made what could have been an epic run in the micro mills 3r. 200ish left with a little over an average stack. Table banter was happening with a few guys that where really bad. One guy was rippin on me because I show a pokerstrategy pic as my icon (not ev in hind site).

So anyways I get into this hand against the loosest of the fish. Action goes as such. Some lag makes it 3.5x utg. I 9x TT from HJ and the button is the super tard who plays 80% of hands. Now to preface this I told this guy I would take all of his chips about 20 hands previous when he jammed 60bb over my 2x pre. It started some not so friendly banter which I always find makes others play worse.

So anyways champ snap flats my 9x 3b. Utg calls an we are off to see a 762 rainbow. Utg checks and I half pot. Fishsticks min raises and utg folds. I insta raise and Fishsticks proceeds to tank.

At this point I proceed to call him some vulgar names and finally say he doesn't have a big enough vagina to call. He insta jams at this comment at which I insta call and he shows 24s. River 2.

I made some profit in the tournament, about 30 bucks. But it could have been so much better. Just funny how easily people can be manipulated.

After that I had a ft bonus to clear So I played a marathon session of 2/4 FLHU at which I played 500 hands, won 41 big bets, and cleared over 40 bucks of bonus in the process. I guess in the end not a bad day but after two tourny victories yesterday it doesn't feel so satisfying :)
    • Verre
      Verre
      Silver
      So I haven't really have had any time to play mtts. With a new child you dont get 8 hours to sit down and play.

What I've done is started playing NL again since Nov 30. Heres an update:

Whoot whoot 15 BI under EV. Never the less NL10 seems to be super easy. My showdown winnings are terrible and I need to work ont hat but other than that its going good.