This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 TT 3bet pot turning into bluff river

• double2
      double2
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Reproduzir mão

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $50.25
      BB:
      $51.37
      MP3:
      $58.64
      CO:
      $50.00
      BU (Hero):
      $49.75

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, T.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.12, SB folds, BB raises to $3.61, Hero calls $2.49.

Flop: ($7.47) 8, Q, 3 (2 players)
      BB bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50.

Turn: ($16.47) 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $8.23, Hero calls $8.23.

River: ($32.93) K (1 players)
      BB checks

Villain 2.3k hands
      23/17/7
      3bet vs steal BB 12%
      3bet vs open BU 11%
      cbet flop in 3bet pot 75% (12)
      cbet turn in 3bet pot 1 in 3 (overall cbet turn 61% (36))
      WTSD 32%
      WWSF 47%
      Agg freq 37/40/28

Relevant notes (not sure if that relevant):"-12/12 nl50, vs me, 77 BUbb, cbet AJ8ss, cbet turn no FD 4sss, 3rd barrel bluff river 50% K ---> bluff bet river 50%"
      -12/12 nl50, vs me, 3bet BBsb 4$, cbet/f 6/8 KQxss"

I thought about turning into bluff river and shoving to fold Qx and JJ. Besides, does it seem likely villain has a c/c range here?
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Double2,

Preflop: Since he is very aggressive, and if we had aggressive dynamics (lots of 3-bet/4-bet) then we can just 4-bet this preflop and go with the hand (a lot of money would be made from him folding his 3-bet). Without dynamics or without expecting him to stack off light we can't 4-bet/call. So the 4-bet would be a bluff.

What's his range on the river?

A guy with this high WTSD over such a sample is most likely not able to fold a Qx on that river. He may not even fold JJ.

Think about what you represent when shoving? You don't shove AQ/Qx, you rarely ever have a Kx so the only thing you rep is a slowplayed monster or a flush.

I can see villain checking for example AK here, KJ, Kx (Kh).
    • double2
      double2
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Double2,

Preflop: Since he is very aggressive, and if we had aggressive dynamics (lots of 3-bet/4-bet) then we can just 4-bet this preflop and go with the hand (a lot of money would be made from him folding his 3-bet). Without dynamics or without expecting him to stack off light we can't 4-bet/call. So the 4-bet would be a bluff.

A guy with this high WTSD over such a sample is most likely not able to fold a Qx on that river. He may not even fold JJ.

Think about what you represent when shoving? You don't shove AQ/Qx, you rarely ever have a Kx so the only thing you rep is a slowplayed monster or a flush.

But with a Kx type of hand isn't he better off just shoving river and hope to get called? I mean, vs me I think that line is way better than c/c, I don't see myself betting worse than Kx that often (although I did do it this time :s_evil: )
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by double2
      Hi Double2,

But with a Kx type of hand isn't he better off just shoving river and hope to get called? I mean, vs me I think that line is way better than c/c, I don't see myself betting worse than Kx that often (although I did do it this time :s_evil: )
      So if he shoves Kx there, especially a weaker Kx (not AK) can he expect to get called by much worse?

Can he expect you, or a regular to call 88-JJ, Qx?

If we are in his shoes with Kx can we expect villain to call much worse on this river?
    • double2
      double2
      Bronze
      Originally posted by double2
      Hi Double2,

So if he shoves Kx there, especially a weaker Kx (not AK) can he expect to get called by much worse?

Can he expect you, or a regular to call 88-JJ, Qx?

If we are in his shoes with Kx can we expect villain to call much worse on this river?
      I get your point and it is very valid. I'm still getting used to this kind of line of thought, where c/c calling this river is better, since opponent can turn something into a bluff, that just jam and expect to get called by Qx.