This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

am i overvaluing big pairs at NL10

• LCBurrows
      LCBurrows
      Bronze
      the last 4 times ive had QQ or KK preflop ive been behind to KK or AA all at NL10 hands have either got it in preflop or on an undercards board.

i find it very hard to lay down when i see similar plays made AK and top pair A kicker on the flop and end up calling. i'm starting to think these hands aren't as big as i think, ive laid down QQ preflop and on undercards flop live before and almost laid KK to AA before but online at this low limit i find it really hard.

and it really has been the last 4 times at cash im not only remembering the times i lose because i stopped about a week ago when it happened 3 times in quick succession and came back today and in the first 100 hands i get QQ on 356 after some guy limp/called without apparent set value. he then check/raises me, he can easily put me on AK/AQ and making continuation bet, so i ended up raising again and he calls with KK.
  • 3 replies
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      AA, KK and QQ are my biggest income sources. In over 17k hands, I got AA 89 times, won 92.13% of the time for $66.41 overall. KK showed up 81 times, won 85.19% for $49.22, and QQ, also 81 times, won 80.25% of the times for $28.29.

Sure, they get cracked every now and then, else I'd have 100% win % with them, but that's poker. You still win more than 4 out of 5 times with them as you can see.
    • LCBurrows
      LCBurrows
      Bronze
      ok thanks for some long term stats, i guess im getting unlucky.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hi LCBurrows

I suggest to start posting sample hands in the hand posting forum in order to get judged by experienced players. I will really improve your game.

--> NL hand posting forum

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar