This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

serious bolg, at last

• PrinzDepunkt
      PrinzDepunkt
      Bronze
      I've tried my hand at blogging a few times already (Deucescracked, 2p2) but it ended up being kind of silly.
      Therefore I thought "why not try pokerstrategy?"
      Reasons are mostly the smilies :s_love: and the better community compared to most other forums.
      If there's anyone that wants to read my older shenanigans, I'm PrinzVonHapunkt on DC, Koerperkarle on 2p2 / Leggo.

Looks like this is the part where I'm supposed to share my poker story.

For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to purchase a poker book (sometime in 2010), although I had never really played the game. Armed with a starting hand chart and instructions on raising for information I deposited 20$ to play 2NL on Full Tilt which I quickly ran down to 10$ and ended up busting at 5NL. ;(
      Somehow I discovered pokerstrategy + a german poker forum which enabled me to give 2NL another shot. Somewhere around that time I bought a limit holdem book which helped me more than that beginner's NLHE book, although the question HOW MUCH SHOULD I BET was left unanswered.

Due to some rungood I doubled the 50$ in a month or 2 and I discovered Deucescracked + The Coaching Tree :f_o:
      Wow! Betting for protection!
      That series + some mathematical ones helped me tons I think + I made my way up till 10NL.
      Oh boy, at the time everyone seemed so solid at 10NL and I lost 10 buy ins in a week ( :s_o: ) (100$ :s_o: ) and frustrated as I was I got coaching for 7.5 buy ins :rolleyes:
      After spending a crapton of 10nl buy ins on coaching I ended up beating 10NL for a good clip, aswell as 25NL (in reality I was just very lazy, in hindsight I think I would have made that progress with some active video-watching + session reviews maybe even in a smaller timespan
      (Is it short timespan? I'm german if you haven't noticed already, ps.de imo is kind of a shitstorm though, except for the BBV :heart: )

Back to the story though.
      I'm really not sure what happened in 2011 / what was 2011 and what was the first half of 2012 but somehow I donked my way up to shot taking 50NL.
      Somewhere around that time I made a propbet with a buddy (The first to reach a 100k winning sample on 400NL+ wins, loser has to give 1/5th of his bankroll at that time)
      and ended up downswinging for quite a while (I think this is first half of 2012).
      Semi-long-so-I-guess-not-really-long-at-all story short, I rebuilt.
      And I shot-took.
      And it went badly.
      And I rebuilt + took some coaching :f_p:
      That's where we are now, I have a decent roll together for 50NL, not far away from shotting 100NL (BR-wise obv, I suck skill-wise, currently getting coaching again.

you all waited for it, here's my lifetime graph

And to make this a stereotypical blog post, here are my goals for 2013:
      Supernova: 0/100000 VPP
      Hours played: 0/1111
      Hours studied: 0/333
  • 4 replies