This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl20 Hero Flop Fold, Deep with QQ. Standard?

• Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $38.16 (190.8 bb)
      CO: $20.61 (103.1 bb)
      BTN: $20 (100 bb)
      SB: $38.62 (193.1 bb)
      BB: $24.25 (121.3 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $42.05 (210.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q Q
      Hero raises to $0.60, MP calls $0.60, CO calls $0.60, 3 folds

Flop: ($2.10) 7 T 5 (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.40, MP raises to $6.30, 2 folds

Results:
      $4.90 pot ($0.24 rake)
      Final Board: 7 T 5
      MP mucked and won $4.66 ($2.66 net)
      CO mucked and lost (-$0.60 net)
      Hero mucked Q Q and lost (-$2 net)

Ok, so this was played on the Anon Tables and, although my stats won't be accurate, I can tell you that villain seemed pretty TAGish, didn't seem to have too many moves in his arsenal and played pretty straight forward.

In this specific situation though, I had been raising a lot and, honestly, this was about the 3rd time I had got QQ in about the last 10-12 hands, it was ridiculous! So he could easily could have thought that I was getting out of line pre.

Anyhow, we get a pretty wet flop and I honestly thought about just check-evaluating but I thought that I needed to protect and didn't really want it checking around and letting people see some helpful turn cards. So I lead out a standard size and he raises massive! Now, I asked myself what could he be doing this with. It could easily be Ax :club: :club: , a combo-draw and obviously sets. On the other hand, this raise is so big that it looks like it could be a pissed-off 'this guy has been raising too much' bet. I really don't often see raises this big and when I do, to be honest, I'm always suspicious. We were both pretty deep and I really didn't feel comfortable and tank folded. He did raise it with a guy still to act, which is also obviously strong but the other guy was pretty fishy and I'm guessing if he a nutted hand he would want him to maybe come along?

Is my fold here ok and/or do I have a better option? Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Edit:

Board: 5:diamond: T:club: 7:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    61.88%  61.88%   0.00% { QsQc }
      MP3    38.12%  38.12%   0.00% { JJ-TT, 77, 55, AcKc, AcJc, KcJc, Ac9c, Jc9c, Ac8c, 9c8c, Ac6c, 8c6c, Ac4c, Ac3c, 4c3c, Ac2c, ATo, KTo, 98o }

Just did a quick Equilab and I'm pretty surprised by the results.... Maybe the range I've given him is not that great but I think it's ok and to find me such a massive favourite is pretty interesting unless I've done it wrong?
  • 2 replies