This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] A2o He shoved on me on river

• ramadas
      ramadas
      Bronze
      I moved to NL5, so here it goes:

Up to river I was ahead, but then he shoved on river. Do you call seeing his stats below? I put him on K5 and suited connector with 5 and I folded.

Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 2085102
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG+1: $10.53 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 8, 3B: 1, AF: 1.4, Hands: 211
      UTG+2: $5.09 - VPIP: 0, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 15
      MP1: $2.00 - VPIP: 5, PFR: 3, 3B: 0, AF: 1.0, Hands: 59
      MP2: $4.00 - VPIP: 67, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 6
      CO: $5.11 - VPIP: 0, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 15
      BTN: $4.78 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 17, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 18
      SB: $2.32 - VPIP: 13, PFR: 13, 3B: 20, AF: 0.0, Hands: 15
      Hero (BB): $5.07 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 12, 3B: 3, AF: 2.2, Hands: 26682
      UTG: $12.66 - VPIP: 29, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 1.3, Hands: 28

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with A :spade: 2 :club:
      UTG calls $0.05, 3 folds, MP2 checks, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, UTG calls $0.07, MP2 calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.38) 3 :club: 5 :heart: A :club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, UTG calls $0.20, MP2 folds

Turn: ($0.78) 5 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, UTG calls $0.25

River: ($1.28) 8 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.45, UTG raises to $12.09, Hero folds
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Ramadas,

Congrats on the 5nl move

Preflop: I think that isolating from the blinds with this offsuite ace is a bit light. It's the worst Ax and villains like them play a ton of Ax hands. We will also be OOP to two players so it will be hard to win pots with cbets.

Postflop: As played why do we bet so small on the turn and river? Our bets can easily induce a bluff.

Even the turn cbet is super thin because villain has a ton of Ax hands and few draws/pairs. So we can consider bet/folding 1/2 on turn and ck/fold river.

AS a side note, I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but if you leave a reply please hit the "advise judge to take another look" button so we can see it.
    • ramadas
      ramadas
      Bronze
      Thanks for reply.

So I guess my thin bets are influenced by P* pro trainings in MTTs, which encourages minraise bets and I just messed up MTT with cash games.

Do you know where I can find some short table of differences between MTT and cash play, so I can watch out for them when watching MTT or cash game videos?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by ramadas
      Thanks for reply.

So I guess my thin bets are influenced by P* pro trainings in MTTs, which encourages minraise bets and I just messed up MTT with cash games.

Do you know where I can find some short table of differences between MTT and cash play, so I can watch out for them when watching MTT or cash game videos?
      Yes, MTTs are completely different than cash games.

The main difference is the fact that you are playing a much deeper game. Not the 5-25 BB stacks as most hands are played. So with less BBs in play smaller bets/raises make a lot more sense.

In cash games that doesn't work nearly as well.

Unfortunately I don't know a spot where you can see these differences listed but I recommend you watch the beginner videos and maybe even sign up for the beginners course (and attend my beginners coachings on the weekends).
    • ramadas
      ramadas
      Bronze
      Thanks for the invitation, but I just have to differentiate between MTT and cash games and stick to cash games rules when playing them.

I earned over 60 USD on cash games with 20 USD starting roll on P* NL2 using PStrategy excellent articles on cash games, so I have to reread them. It is more time effective for me to read than to watch or participate in trainings. I am from generation of book readers :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by ramadas
      Thanks for the invitation, but I just have to differentiate between MTT and cash games and stick to cash games rules when playing them.

I earned over 60 USD on cash games with 20 USD starting roll on P* NL2 using PStrategy excellent articles on cash games, so I have to reread them. It is more time effective for me to read than to watch or participate in trainings. I am from generation of book readers :)
      No worries Ramadas,

Just focus on bet sizing and you can also consider looking at other hand evaluations to see how other players play and what advice they've been given.