This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 Sh Rush: KJo OOP

• acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      Unknown villain.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

MP ($3.62)
      Hero (CO) ($3.83)
      Button ($5)
      SB ($6.36)
      BB ($3.20)
      UTG ($5.02)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, J
      2 folds, Hero bets $0.15, Button calls $0.15, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.37) 8, A, K (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.77) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button checks

River: ($0.77) A (2 players)
      Hero checks

i don't like betting on the flop since I don't get any calls from worse hands. If the turn wasn't a Queen, could I have bet on the river for value? (these are the last money from a ring ticket.)
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Assuming he bets AX a lot of the time on the Turn, and he doesnt have KQ (since he probably bets the Turn), we hvae the best hand a lot of the time.

He still does have some AX in his range, esp those without good kickers like AT/A9/A8 etc. Seems a bit thin to valuebet here, I think we can just check and try to induce again since weak players tend to take bet check bet lines as bluffs quite often.

The absense of a Turn queen could potentially make him call lighter with a hand like 8X or TT. Then again, the presence of a Queen gives him more weak made hands like QJ/QT which could potentially bluff catch us.

I don't think the Queen has that much of an impact on whether we can bet the River or not. Now, if the turn was an Ace instead, then I think I like a river valuebet more, since it is now less likely for him to have an Ace cos he may bet most AX hands on the Turn too.

Thanks.