This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Kq

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 100 BB
      UTG: 124.7 BB
      MP: 177.85 BB
      CO: 84.6 BB
      Hero (BTN): 186.15 BB
      SB: 86.7 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:club: Q:spade:

fold, MP raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 9 BB, SB calls 8.5 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (22 BB, 2 players) 7:heart: J:spade: K:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (22 BB, 2 players) 2:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets 11 BB, SB calls 11 BB

River: (44 BB, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets 22 BB, SB calls 22 BB

Hero shows K:club: Q:spade: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 69%, Flop 86%, Turn 95%)
      SB shows J:heart: Q:heart: (One Pair, Jacks) (Pre 31%, Flop 14%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins 83.6 BB

MP 1.1k hands, 26/22, opens MP 17. fold to 3bet 64%, from MP 70.
      SB 240 hands, 22/18, 3bet 8, fold to 3bet 70.

I am not sure if 3bet is good. I 3bet and expect him to fold often with broadways, and call PP which he folds often when misses, so I think it is not too bad IP.

When SB calls, I check back for information, and I dont have 3value streets, so when he checks turn I value bet to get called by TT or QQ. I dont put him on JQs, he folds 70% to 3bet, so it is strange. Bet larger river or turn?
  • 4 replies
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      I would not expect 2 stretts of vlaue from SB with underpair, so I think its better to cbh river.

He also understadns that you are not bluffing 2 times here.

Would not expect such outcome :)
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      Regg almost never calls cold 3bet, and even if calls the range is really clear. When I check back, the purpouse is not only to get info what he has, but also that my hand looks weak, and then it looks I am bluffing turn and river, because he would expect me to bet Kx IP flop. It works in most cases.
      If I would have air, I would bet turn 2/3 and shove river to make him fold, because his hand is so clearly middle pair.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mla,

This is an interesting spot and a more interesting showdown (perhaps a misclick from him).

As played I agree with your line and I would even consider betting the river larger to make it look more like a bluff and less like value. I'm thinking 30+ BB
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Regg almost never calls cold 3bet, and even if calls the range is really clear. When I check back, the purpouse is not only to get info what he has, but also that my hand looks weak, and then it looks I am bluffing turn and river, because he would expect me to bet Kx IP flop.

I think he also understands that 2 turn and 8 river does not look scary, so you are not bluffing turn and river which means he still cannot call. But if he is puting you on bluff then I agree - bet for value.

If I wre willain with under pair, I would call the turn but I really would not expect bluff on this river.