This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 76hh flush

• cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      Prima
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($10.52) 105bb
      UTG+1 ($11.89) 119bb
      cozacu (CO) ($11.87) 119bb
      BTN ($7.79) 78bb
      SB ($10) 100bb
      BB ($10) 100bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) cozacu is CO 7:heart: 6:heart:
      2 folds, cozacu raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: K:heart: 10:heart: 3:club: ($0.75, 2 players)
      cozacu bets $0.44, BTN calls $0.44

Turn: 4:heart: ($1.63, 2 players)
      cozacu bets $1, BTN calls $1

River: 4:diamond: ($3.63, 2 players)
      cozacu bets $2.50, BTN calls $2.50

Final Pot: $8.63

villain 39/13 AF 0.7 ftcbet 25 wtsd 50 300hands

PF = Villain behind me from BU has possition, he will call fairly often and he doesn't like to fold to cbets but because he is quite passive i thoght it won't be a problem to play against him postflop. I also had a tight image at the table and i wanted to start to losen up a bit.

Flop: trying to put some money in the pot in case I hit my flush or just take down the pot right there.

Turn: Value + protection (i could have made it a bit larger - like 1.35)

River: Board paired, still doesn't change much, I`m often up agaisnt a K here or some missed draw... so I`m trying to get some value, planing to fold if I face a large raise.

Question : Is my line ok here?What about the sizez of my bets?
      Do you agree with a fold on river when facing a raise from this villain?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Since you have very strong hand and villain only has 78bb then you should try getting all (or most ) of his money. I would bet flop and turn a little bigger. Flop 0.54$ to fold out low pp-s and maybe even AJ/AQ and turn 1.32$ to get value Kx and protect against higher flushdraws.
      As played I would bet river 3$- Kx would usually not fold here and worse hands would fold to 2.5$ bet.

Do you agree with a fold on river when facing a raise from this villain?
      - if you bet bigger on the turn and river, then you are pot committed and should call shove- some players may get all-in just with Kx hands+ it is not unreasonable to expect someone to float AhQx which he may bluffshove river.

best regards,