This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 SH QQ BvB

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $13.50
      SB:
      $10.07
      BB (Hero):
      $10.00
      MP2:
      $10.91
      MP3:
      $11.28
      CO:
      $10.60

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q.
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, SB calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.8) A, 7, 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1.8) 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

River: ($2.4) 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.00, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.4.

villain is 100/100 over 3 hands.

i think the hand is standard preflop and on the flop... i don't see any reason to bet flop when JJ/TT/99 might fold, and only AK/AQ/AJs etc will continue.

on the turn it's a pretty pathetic bet which could mean either an induce or a weak bluff. either way i don't see a reason to raise since i'm WA/WB anyway.

on the river i'm not sure if i can call... i don't know if JJ/TT/99 would play this way since they have SDV and might just play passively for that... also i tend to at least consider the possibility that the small turn bet is some sort of probe bet where if i call i'm perceived as weak but if i raise they just fold (the problem is i obviously can't raise here). if that's the case then he would know i can be pushed out on the river. is that a level? :D how would you interpret this line?

ty
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DrDunne,

I think it's a mistake to check that flop. You are BvB and I doubt any villain would fold 88-JJ to you there. They may not even fold 66-22 and even Kx.

As played our hand looks really weak and even though he can bet Ax like this I think we can call the river. If you don't plan on calling a blank river I don't see why you even call the turn.