This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH - maximizing value

• Katrisone
      Katrisone
      Bronze
      IPoker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (5 handed) - IPoker Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Hero (Button) ($40.43)
      SB ($22.91)
      BB ($23.13)
      UTG ($20.30)reg, 6k hands: 21/18, skip cbet and ch/c:5, position open:17, ftocbet: T:41 R:73, WTSD:24
      MP ($20.42)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7:, 7:
      UTG bets $0.60, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.60, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.50) 2:, 7:, J: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $1.10, UTG calls $1.10

Turn: ($3.70) 10: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $3.30, UTG calls $3.30

River: ($10.30) 2: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $35.43 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: $10.30

Results below:

Hero had 7:, 7: (full house, sevens over twos).
      Outcome: Hero won $45.22

Hello,

my question is about river. This reg lost a stack just a few hands before against me and he looks quite frustruated, so I tried to take an advantage from that..but he is folding so much OTR and his range will be probably some pot-controlled 88-TT, so is it better in that spot to bet smaller to induce him/get value from midpairs, or shove it to reprezent busted draw/induce some crying hero call? How do I maximize value in these spots? (he was thinking like 30sec.so it was obv how much he wants his money back and persuaded himself to make a herocall with some TT :f_biggrin: )

• 1 reply
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      I think he could have a pair amount of Broadway hands that could hit this board like JQ TK AJ etc and we can get value from him on the river by betting something like 7-8 dollars.

Over bet shove is pretty scary and you might have just scared off AJ or TK. I don't think a hand like 88 99 would call you here. If he was tilty I think he would more probably call 88 to a smaller bet than a bigger one.

Different people have different types of tilt. Some might turn aggressive while some play wider or call wider. I think his form might be calling wider if any, if he was aggressive tilty he would probably have raised flop or turn.